Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

N80 with BMW Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My N80 pairs but doesn't connect with the bluetooth system in my BMW - It is a '07 5-Series.

I drive a fair bit and have gotten used to my V3i automatically connecting and synching my address book when I turn on the car.

Has anybody had any luck connecting their N80. I don't even care about the address book, I just want to use the bluetooth system to make and receive calls and talk while driving.

Would a firmware upgrade or any third party software help me?

Thank you.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 - 525Da with sports pack & some more stuff (color = carbon black with kastanjebraun leather)

mine connects fine (address book doesn't work though) ...

first go into the main i-drive menu, communication settings, then take the N80 go into the connection menu, select bleutooth, put it ON, then use the right arrow (You will move to the 2nd tab), there you should be able to pair the N80

Good luck
Old 10-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Members

whats ure current CIP firmware for the car? Since i cannot in the whole world get my new n80 to connect at all.. my old 6230 worked fine..
Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 BMW 530D, Silver Gray, Hartge performance chip 260bhp 600nm, dropped with Eibach Federn 4cm.

I can pair my N80 but can't make any calls.. It starts calling but stops it after a second or so.. I would lovet have my Nokia paired with my car.. <_<
Old 02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='325894' date='Aug 23 2006, 12:48 PM
My N80 pairs but doesn't connect with the bluetooth system in my BMW - It is a '07 5-Series.

I drive a fair bit and have gotten used to my V3i automatically connecting and synching my address book when I turn on the car.

Has anybody had any luck connecting their N80. I don't even care about the address book, I just want to use the bluetooth system to make and receive calls and talk while driving.

Would a firmware upgrade or any third party software help me?

Thank you.

the good news:
OK, After 9 phones and months of research on what works and what doesn?t as well as owning an E60 for little over two years, I can tell you all about what works (in Nokia Phones). all Nokia phones using a Series 60 2nd or 3rd edition operating system which includes anything from 7610, 7660, 7700, N70, N71, N73, N80, N90, N91, N93 to N95, are all supported by BMW Bluetooth technology, providing you do not care that the phone book will upload to the cars OS for easy access. basically it will act as a giant speaker phone, but the beauty is that you can send a receive calls, and you can record names and numbers for the car to be able to dial out for you once you call out the names.

here is the bad news:
if by any chance your car's manufacturer date if after Sep. of 06, or if you by any chance had to make an unfortunate trip to BMW for any type of service specially because your windows would not roll up all the way every once in a while which by the way BMW did a silent recall on the body module which controls the operation of both power windows and power door locks.
the odds are your car's firmware has been updated to the latest which causes almost 99% Nokia phones to no longer work with BMW's Bluetooth technology, this also applies to most LG phones as well.

Regards
Saeed,
Old 02-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by saeed5' post='387681' date='Feb 5 2007, 12:43 PM
the good news:
OK, After 9 phones and months of research on what works and what doesn?t as well as owning an E60 for little over two years, I can tell you all about what works (in Nokia Phones). all Nokia phones using a Series 60 2nd or 3rd edition operating system which includes anything from 7610, 7660, 7700, N70, N71, N73, N80, N90, N91, N93 to N95, are all supported by BMW Bluetooth technology, providing you do not care that the phone book will upload to the cars OS for easy access. basically it will act as a giant speaker phone, but the beauty is that you can send a receive calls, and you can record names and numbers for the car to be able to dial out for you once you call out the names.

here is the bad news:
if by any chance your car's manufacturer date if after Sep. of 06, or if you by any chance had to make an unfortunate trip to BMW for any type of service specially because your windows would not roll up all the way every once in a while which by the way BMW did a silent recall on the body module which controls the operation of both power windows and power door locks.
the odds are your car's firmware has been updated to the latest which causes almost 99% Nokia phones to no longer work with BMW's Bluetooth technology, this also applies to most LG phones as well.

Regards
Saeed,
Since different markets have different TCUs, which market does your comment apply to?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Members

Wow, this is an old thread!

I have since gone through a V3i and two blackberry's that worked flawlessly. I'm currently using the Pearl, which is working perfectly.

Edit:

If anybody cares, I got rid of the N80 because it didn't work with the car. It was def. a deal breaker for me. If the iPhone doesn't work with BMW, I will be extreamly dissapointed.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='387921' date='Feb 6 2007, 01:26 AM
If the iPhone doesn't work with BMW, I will be extreamly dissapointed.
I give the iPhone an 80% chance of having at least minimal functionality.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Members

Saeed
please please tell me you are wrong. I've got a 530d M sport. Reg Sept 06 with the latest firmware CIP 23.x (I think). Before we bought two of these cars we testdrove it and verifed that N80 phones paired and we even made calls during our test drive. Then went ahead and bought them (one 530d M Sport, one 535d M Sport). During this time, the N80's (which were also new) were upgraded to run Mail for Exchange (a prog to permit linking to an Exchange mail server), then the cars arrived and nothing worked.

So I and my other director now have highly spec'd executive cars with no pphones. We've bought lots of phones that meet our need (email linking to Exchange Mail servers) and tried them; We even recently bought the E61, E60 and E50; they pair, but that is it....

What you are saying matches exactly what we've found.

Please please please tell me you figured out a solution.

Dave

Originally Posted by saeed5' post='387681' date='Feb 5 2007, 05:43 PM
the good news:

here is the bad news:

Regards
Saeed,
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by frensham' post='393649' date='Feb 21 2007, 01:37 AM
Saeed
please please tell me you are wrong. I've got a 530d M sport. Reg Sept 06 with the latest firmware CIP 23.x (I think). Before we bought two of these cars we testdrove it and verifed that N80 phones paired and we even made calls during our test drive. Then went ahead and bought them (one 530d M Sport, one 535d M Sport). During this time, the N80's (which were also new) were upgraded to run Mail for Exchange (a prog to permit linking to an Exchange mail server), then the cars arrived and nothing worked.

So I and my other director now have highly spec'd executive cars with no pphones. We've bought lots of phones that meet our need (email linking to Exchange Mail servers) and tried them; We even recently bought the E61, E60 and E50; they pair, but that is it....

What you are saying matches exactly what we've found.

Please please please tell me you figured out a solution.

Dave
I'v just upgraded my E60 with the latest firmware CIP 25.xxx, and i have the latest firmware for my N80, it pairs, but still i cannot make calls. Has anyone ever had a N80 working on a E60?

cheers
DC.

Quick Reply: N80 with BMW Bluetooth