Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola RAZR V3c ...I Need a charger for the console cradle box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006 | 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

Dear E60 Forum members:

I have had some problems finding a cell product for my 2004 BMW 530i, but Verizon finally said the new MOTOROLA RAZR V3c with Bluetooth should work on my 2004 530i!

I checked with Hank Aaron BMW in Union City GA, and the parts man said yes the Motorola RAZR V3c will work just fine on your 2004 530i, but you will not be able to charge your phone lays in the cradle box.

Now I bit the bullet, and spent over $300.00 for the blue tooth Motorola RAZR V3c, iDrive component, along with a small 2 inch black cover piece that cost me $150.00 for a small black cover, (which will not be seen bye the human eye unless your working inside my console, and there is no technology involved in it, like the Blue tooth iDrive component, maybe just a .50 cent to a dollar for a 2 inch small piece black flat plastic piece that will not be seen!)

QUESTION: 1) I think that small 2 inch black piece of plastic, is really a little much, don't you for: $150.00, and do I really need this piece of plastic for my cell phone?

QUESTION: 2) And what can I do to get my new MOTOROLA RAZR V3c to keep charging in my Bimmer in the console where it sits, without an un-sightly charger wires running from my cigarette lighter to my cell phone where is lays in console!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice on this matter!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 03-21-2006 | 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire Metallic, black leather, w/ sports pkg, cold weather pkg, Logic7, steptronic, navigation, satellite radio, electric rear shade, folding rear seat, Razr/Cingular phone

I don't know what this piece of black plastic is. Do you have any photos or a part number? Where does it go? You said in the "console" but can you be more specific?

I also have the Razr and love the phone and the way it works in my car. The battery life - even using Bluetooth - is such that I can charge it over night with a wall charger inside my house, and never have to charge it in the car. Are you sure you can't make do the same way?

Think about it - much of the convenience of Bluetooth is not having to remove your phone from your pocket everytime you enter your car to make/receive calls. To me, the effort to plug the phone into a charger in the car - whether it is some fancy snap-in adaptor or an old-fashioned coiled cord charger - defeats much of the purpose of having Bluetooth.

Every now and then I search to see if the snap-in adaptor for the Razr is truly available yet, because I am a little geeky when it comes to having something cool like that. But then when I see it is not available yet, I snap back to reality and remember that the adaptor would really be a waste of money, for the reasons I mentioned. I will find some other mod to spend the $ on!
Old 03-21-2006 | 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='257875' date='Mar 20 2006, 09:14 PM
Dear E60 Forum members:

I have had some problems finding a cell product for my 2004 BMW 530i, but Verizon finally said the new MOTOROLA RAZR V3c with Bluetooth should work on my 2004 530i!

I checked with Hank Aaron BMW in Union City GA, and the parts man said yes the Motorola RAZR V3c will work just fine on your 2004 530i, but you will not be able to charge your phone lays in the cradle box.

Now I bit the bullet, and spent over $300.00 for the blue tooth Motorola RAZR V3c, iDrive component, along with a small 2 inch black cover piece that cost me $150.00 for a small black cover, (which will not be seen bye the human eye unless your working inside my console, and there is no technology involved in it, like the Blue tooth iDrive component, maybe just a .50 cent to a dollar for a 2 inch small piece black flat plastic piece that will not be seen!)

QUESTION: 1) I think that small 2 inch black piece of plastic, is really a little much, don't you for: $150.00, and do I really need this piece of plastic for my cell phone?

QUESTION: 2) And what can I do to get my new MOTOROLA RAZR V3c to keep charging in my Bimmer in the console where it sits, without an un-sightly charger wires running from my cigarette lighter to my cell phone where is lays in console!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice on this matter!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley

================================================== ===================

Hank Aaron BMW in Union City GA came through for me today for $315.00! I now have a fully integrated iDrive cell phone system that works with my Motorola razer cell phone that is now paired into my 2004 BMW 530i!

Eddie Presley
Attached Thumbnails Motorola RAZR V3c ...I Need a charger for the console cradle box?-dsc00782.jpg  
Old 04-04-2006 | 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

Any pics of what you're talking about?
Old 04-06-2006 | 05:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='258309' date='Mar 21 2006, 10:44 PM
================================================== ===================

Hank Aaron BMW in Union City GA came through for me today for $485.00! I now have a fully integrated iDrive cell phone system that works with my Motorola razer cell phone that is now paired into my 2004 BMW 530i!

Eddie Presley
Does this mean that you have the charging cradle? I have resisted going Bluetooth because I was told that the in-car charging function was not possible for a 2004 MY E60. What parts did they add?
Old 04-06-2006 | 06:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Jet Black/Black Leather AUTO Sport Package Cold Weather Package Navigation Logic 7 Audio Satellite Radio Fold Down Rear Seats

Show us pics!!
Old 04-06-2006 | 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

A lot of people want to know what U have that is unique or different. Please post some pics of what this NEW gadget is
Old 04-11-2006 | 04:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wilchwitz' post='265439' date='Apr 6 2006, 09:15 AM
Does this mean that you have the charging cradle? I have resisted going Bluetooth because I was told that the in-car charging function was not possible for a 2004 MY E60. What parts did they add?

================================================== ===============

No BMW Parts, and no Cradle, yet :'(

They said they had to reprogram my BMW to 2006 standards, to accept the Motorola Razr Bluetooth to be pared with my iDrive, (and of course I wonder what they actually added? )

Eddie
Old 04-11-2006 | 04:55 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by blinkme_210' post='264772' date='Apr 4 2006, 11:25 PM
Any pics of what you're talking about?

No it was all man hours on reprogramming my iDrive, and I have just a pic my Razr Cell Phone itself, *(which I think everyone here knows what they look like? If not I will glad to post per request)

Eddie
Old 04-12-2006 | 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Eddie, are you able to receive or make any calls with you Razr in the car yet? Mine will download the address book but I cannot make a call. I took my car in yesterday and the service dept. cannot get it to work either and opened a PUMA on it. My CPT 9000 worked previously in the car.

Quick Reply: Motorola RAZR V3c ...I Need a charger for the console cradle box?