Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola RAZR V3 is Fully Compatible with BMW BT

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

I just got a RAZR. I am testing the cingular coverage for a while to see if I want to port my number.

I have yet to successfully have the phone book transfer. This never happened even when I tested a V600. Call quality is fine, but I wonder if the phone book issue is related to the settings on the phone or my Bluetooth retrofit.

Paul Harding, can you verify something for me.
Are your phone entries stored on the SIM or on the phone?

I will play with this some more, but I need to know if I have to back to the dealership.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 16 2004, 08:29 PM
Paul Harding,? can you verify something for me.
[snapback]57032[/snapback]
They are stored on the phone. I could not get them to load from the sim.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 16 2004, 09:30 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 16 2004, 08:29 PM']Paul Harding,? can you verify something for me.
[snapback]57032[/snapback]
They are stored on the phone. I could not get them to load from the sim.
[snapback]57071[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks! Thats a very important point for those with SIM cards. I had about 4 names in the address book, was forced to load them to the Phone to use speed dial. Before the drive home from dinner, they were not there. Nor were they there after a 6 minute phone call. Then about 7 minutes later they transferred. So in summary, to transfer the phone book:
1. The Entries need to be stored on the phone, not the SIM
2. The transfer will not take place if you are using the phone (tieing up the BT link)
3. It takes its own sweet time but will get there.

The drive home was short so I only had the address book. Will received, dialed etc show up from the phone, or do they have to be initiated in the car?

Meanwhile as slick as the Razr is the coverage at my home is not too stella. I expect it will get better as the network completes the merger. I have still to test their DUNs internet access which is key to my business. I have 30 days to decide whether I want to keep the ohone.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Senior Members

sounds like a great phone to me
Old 11-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

RAZr3 is also my current favorite. I hope BMW cud provide cradle for it ASAP. It could be not so easy as they have a side USB connection not downside like most of the phones. BTW I wonder once paired with the car's BT shud the system be immly operative next time you get in the car or you have again to wait long for the data trasnfer and so on?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Contributors

Paul, and anyone else with BT on an E60 -

1. If you are on a call, via BT, can you easily switch back to the handset for
privacy?
2. What about call waiting? can you answer from the steering wheel or i-drive?

I ask because you could NOT do this on the X5. or on the older model E39.

thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by igor' date='Nov 17 2004, 11:19 AM
RAZr3 is also my current favorite. I hope BMW cud provide cradle for it ASAP. It could be not so easy as they have a side USB connection not downside like most of the phones. BTW I wonder once paired with the car's BT shud the system be immly operative next time you get in the car or you have again to wait long for the data trasnfer and so on?
[snapback]57287[/snapback]
It appears to keep the address book. It only updates changes made to the phone.

There is a sllight delay when receiving calls:
You hear the phone ring a couple of times in your pocket, then it rings through the car and prompts you to answer in I-drive. I have had no complaints about sound quality from any one and I have asked everyone how I sound with the car in motion. The only obvious issue is that it is a speaker phone so the listener does hear ambient sound and wind noise. BUT that would be the case with any wired handsfree headset free solution.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Well... the time has come....

My car is now at the service center for a variety of things, and of course, a course, said the horse, of course....to have my Bluetooth activated!

So, I hope you all are right that the system is good, otherwise, Mr. Critical over here will start picking it apart.. (I've been know to do this a few times)...

I will be pairing it with my V600, and will give you a report when I get the car back.

Andy
Old 11-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 17 2004, 01:10 PM
Well... the time has come....

My car is now at the service center for a variety of things, and of course, a course, said the horse, of course....to have my Bluetooth activated!

So, I hope you all are right that the system is good, otherwise, Mr. Critical over here will start picking it apart.. (I've been know to do this a few times)...

I will be pairing it with my V600, and will give you a report when I get the car back.

Andy
[snapback]57321[/snapback]
Hey Andy:
You will only be critical of the fact that you are now using a speaker phone. The system works just fine. I haven't yet paired my headset to the RAZR because I am still using two phones. Will try and get you your answer about switching. My guess is that it will be a pain.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:09 PM

I just picked up my 2005 E60 525i 9/04 build date, How do I pair my v600 with the I-drive my car does not have navigation. Im stumped I looked thru the owners manual etc.. And could not find nothing I set my phone to find me for bluetooth etc.. but nothing happans.

By the way pharding I also got my car from motowerks.

Quick Reply: Motorola RAZR V3 is Fully Compatible with BMW BT