Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola RAZR V3 is Fully Compatible with BMW BT

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by offshore' date='Nov 16 2004, 02:38 AM
Question: I have a Motorola V600 & it doesn't pair.? I was told that the Razr V3 uses the same platform as the V600.? Do they have different Bt modules (or whatever)?? Should I just go out & buy the Razr?
[snapback]56694[/snapback]
See Hormazd's post this thread for very clear instructions on how to pair your phone. Great info. He helped us all out with this.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=4524
Old 11-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Grey 545i, Steptronic, Black Leather, Poplar Trim, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Nav, PDC, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, X-pel clear bra

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:23 PM
I received my Motorola RAZR V3 today and I successfully paired it with my Bluetooth enabled MY 04 545, May Build.? Phonebook transferred successfully.? Audio quality for the listener when using the BT connection is slightly better than Motorola V600.? Phone is noticeably better in terms of picking up a weak signal.? Conventional, non-Bluetooth audio quality is exceptional.? It is amazing.? Exceptionally beautiful and well designed.? Very user friendly and pleasant to use.? This phone is expensive, $500 with two year contract with Cingular.? Apart from the expensive price tag, I highly recommend this phone.? It is awesome.
[snapback]56613[/snapback]
pharding,

Congratulations! I'm glad this worked out for you. When demo'd on the V3 on an '05 on the floor at Mororwerks, I did not have the pairing issue you spoke of in you later post. I am glad you were able to finally able to get it to pair. I have had my V3 for a month and it is by far the best phone I have used. I am going to try and get some time to make it in to Motorwerks for my BT upgrade.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Grey 545i, Steptronic, Black Leather, Poplar Trim, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Nav, PDC, Cold Weather Package, Sun Shades, X-pel clear bra

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Nov 16 2004, 05:11 AM
pharding, that is really cool about the razr. I knew it would be a great solution for this. Now I gotta get one for t-mobile, since I recently signed a contract with them and can't get out. The prices for that phone will lower once more start carrying it eventually.
[snapback]56723[/snapback]
gdavis, I will see if I can find out if any other carriers (T-Mobile in your case) are slated to pick up the V3 soon and let you know. I use T-mobile with mine and it has been great. Another possiblity would be an unlocked version not purchased via a carrier, although it would be more expensive. I will let you know.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

nicknec,

I'd be indebted to you for any help in getting one! I've been hunting on web sites from Europe and Canada to see if I can order one, but so far, it's been a challenge and no clear paths. Please let me know what you learn!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by nicknec' date='Nov 16 2004, 09:22 AM
[quote name='pharding' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:23 PM']I received my Motorola RAZR V3 today and I successfully paired it with my Bluetooth enabled MY 04 545, May Build.? Phonebook transferred successfully.? Audio quality for the listener when using the BT connection is slightly better than Motorola V600.? Phone is noticeably better in terms of picking up a weak signal.? Conventional, non-Bluetooth audio quality is exceptional.? It is amazing.? Exceptionally beautiful and well designed.? Very user friendly and pleasant to use.? This phone is expensive, $500 with two year contract with Cingular.? Apart from the expensive price tag, I highly recommend this phone.? It is awesome.
[snapback]56613[/snapback]
pharding,

Congratulations! I'm glad this worked out for you. When demo'd on the V3 on an '05 on the floor at Mororwerks, I did not have the pairing issue you spoke of in you later post. I am glad you were able to finally able to get it to pair. I have had my V3 for a month and it is by far the best phone I have used. I am going to try and get some time to make it in to Motorwerks for my BT upgrade.
[snapback]56773[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was undoubtedly my fault for doing so, without instructions, with my trial and error approach. On another thread Hormazd posted very clear instructions.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Sorry. I hit the wrong key.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know when this phone will be available for the verizon network?
Old 11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by ethanbmw' date='Nov 16 2004, 11:33 AM
anyone know when this phone will be available for the verizon network?
[snapback]56850[/snapback]
HAHA. Probably never. They released the V710 with crippled BT.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2001 Z3 3.0, Sports Package, Winter Package, 5-SpeedHard Top [built: pick up in Munich on 5.17.06] ED 2007 550i 6-speed (sapphire black/black dakota leather): sports package; active stearing, hud/nav, logic 7, cold weather package, rear heated seats, rear folding seat, power shades, comfort access, sat radio

The Moto people I've spoken to have made it quite clear that the Razr will *not* be ported over to a network other than GSM. That means Verizon will not be getting the phone.

If you have T-Mobile, though, here's what I'd suggest: Go into a Cingular store, and buy the phone. It's $500 with a 2 year Cingular contract; OR, it's $600 with out a contract. I called a number of Cingular stores and most of them would only sell the $600 option to an actual Cingular customer. So, I went into the store with my girlfriend, said the phone was for her... and bought the phone.

NOTE: The Cingular reps will tell you the phone is locked. They are misinformed. Cingular has not locked a high-end world phone for at least 6 months. We left the store, and I immediately put my ATT sim card into the phone... works great.

Now, if only I had a 5-series with BT... (probably won't do ED until the summer )
Old 11-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Members

Here's a fantastic review on the V3..

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...threadid=428896

Quick Reply: Motorola RAZR V3 is Fully Compatible with BMW BT