Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola RAZR V3 is Fully Compatible with BMW BT

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I received my Motorola RAZR V3 today and I successfully paired it with my Bluetooth enabled MY 04 545, May Build. Phonebook transferred successfully. Audio quality for the listener when using the BT connection is slightly better than Motorola V600. Phone is noticeably better in terms of picking up a weak signal. Conventional, non-Bluetooth audio quality is exceptional. It is amazing. Exceptionally beautiful and well designed. Very user friendly and pleasant to use. This phone is expensive, $500 with two year contract with Cingular. Apart from the expensive price tag, I highly recommend this phone. It is awesome.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:23 PM
[b]I received my Motorola RAZR V3 today and I successfully paired it with my Bluetooth enabled MY 04 545, May Build.? Phonebook transferred successfully.? Audio quality for the listener when using the BT connection is slightly better than Motorola V600.? Phone is noticeably better in terms of picking up a weak signal.? Conventional, non-Bluetooth audio quality is exceptional.? It is amazing.? Exceptionally beautiful and well designed.? Very user friendly and pleasant to use.? This phone is expensive, $500 with two year contract with Cingular.? Apart from the expensive price tag, I highly recommend this phone.? It is awesome.
[snapback]56613[/snapback]
Coming from someone with your background in design, that's praise indeed! Must look into for self. Thanks for the update!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 15 2004, 10:23 PM
[b]I received my Motorola RAZR V3 today and I successfully paired it with my Bluetooth enabled MY 04 545, May Build.? Phonebook transferred successfully.? Audio quality for the listener when using the BT connection is slightly better than Motorola V600.? Phone is noticeably better in terms of picking up a weak signal.? Conventional, non-Bluetooth audio quality is exceptional.? It is amazing.? Exceptionally beautiful and well designed.? Very user friendly and pleasant to use.? This phone is expensive, $500 with two year contract with Cingular.? Apart from the expensive price tag, I highly recommend this phone.? It is awesome.
Paul:

Did you get a chance to try the multi-contact voice command yet?

What carrier are you using? Some of us are ready to jump ship on Verizon.

Please post your findings to http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=4297
Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:40 PM
Paul:

What carrier are you using?? Some of us are ready to jump ship on Verizon.

[snapback]56618[/snapback]
I just change the name in the phonebook:

Thorpe Office
Thorpe Cell

I am not familiar with multi-contact voice command. Where can I get info on that?

My carrier is Cingular. I am quite happy with them and their national network. I just got the latest Blackberry, Model 7290, from Cingular last week. It is also quite cool. Bright color screen and mature, user friendly technology. Cingular brings out the cool new technology quicker than other carriers. The audio quality, conventional/non-BT, for the RAZR V3 in the Loop, Downtown Chicago, is amazing. It is equal to a land line.

Tomorrow evening I will post my findings there as you requested.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:19 PM
[quote name='wnrussell' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:40 PM']
Paul:

What carrier are you using?? Some of us are ready to jump ship on Verizon.

[snapback]56618[/snapback]
I just change the name in the phonebook:

Thorpe Office
Thorpe Cell

I am not familiar with multi-contact voice command. Where can I get info on that?

My carrier is Cingular. I am quite happy with them and their national network. I just got the latest Blackberry, Model 7290, from Cingular last week. It is also quite cool. Bright color screen and mature, user friendly technology. Cingular brings out the cool new technology quicker than other carriers. The audio quality, conventional/non-BT, for the RAZR V3 in the Loop, Downtown Chicago, is amazing. It is equal to a land line.
[snapback]56632[/snapback]
[/quote]

Paul, In the address book, you have the option to save several numbers under one contact. The ObeyMoto Voice dial system then works like this.
Say a command
"Name Dial"
Say the name
"Paul Harding"
If there is only one number it will repeat the name and initiate the call. If there are multiple entries
Which number?
"Mobile"
Dialing and initiate the call.

Now quite honestly, unless you have 300 numbers stored in your phone this can be a royal pain. I would rather not go through the additional prompt for "which number?", so I changed the phonebook to the way you have it. Also in anticipation of using my V710 with my car.

Bill, (Off Topic of E60s and BT on a BMW)
I think if you and I are considering a switch from Verizon, the only real choice is Cingular. They now, after the merger have a larger subscriber base than Verizon and have been in the process of switching the TDMA network to GSM even prior to the merger. T-Mobile has very spotty coverage as does Sprint. I still need to research the data options with Cingular. I currently have the ability to open my laptop and make a BT connection to the phone and connect to Verizon's 1X network at 115mbs. Its far from broadband, but it is faster than dial up and suffices for me to open a terminal session and work online. Verizon has rolled out EVDO which is broadband, but I wouldn't be interested in that until they let me use my minutes on a handset that supports it. Right now you need a special card and need to sign up for a plan.
So they have a deadline for me. I will give them till 12-15-04. Then they loose my business. I will first move my self and then progressively move the other 7 lines on my account to Cingular. They stand to loose about $6,000 a year if I take my business away. Small potatoes maybe, but an exodus to Cingular will really hurt them. I am soooo tempted to run out to the store tomorrow and plonk down the cash for a V3Razr and port my number.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:23 PM
I received my Motorola RAZR V3 today and I successfully paired it with my Bluetooth enabled MY 04 545, May Build.? Phonebook transferred successfully.? Audio quality for the listener when using the BT connection is slightly better than Motorola V600.? Phone is noticeably better in terms of picking up a weak signal.? Conventional, non-Bluetooth audio quality is exceptional.? It is amazing.? Exceptionally beautiful and well designed.? Very user friendly and pleasant to use.? This phone is expensive, $500 with two year contract with Cingular.? Apart from the expensive price tag, I highly recommend this phone.? It is awesome.
Congratulations!
Question: I have a Motorola V600 & it doesn't pair. I was told that the Razr V3 uses the same platform as the V600. Do they have different Bt modules (or whatever)? Should I just go out & buy the Razr?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:11 AM
Senior Members

pharding, that is really cool about the razr. I knew it would be a great solution for this. Now I gotta get one for t-mobile, since I recently signed a contract with them and can't get out. The prices for that phone will lower once more start carrying it eventually.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by offshore' date='Nov 16 2004, 02:38 AM
Congratulations!
Question: I have a Motorola V600 & it doesn't pair.? I was told that the Razr V3 uses the same platform as the V600.? Do they have different Bt modules (or whatever)?? Should I just go out & buy the Razr?
[snapback]56694[/snapback]
I did not have any instructions to follow so I took a trial and error approach to pairing. It took several attempts after I erased the V600 connection. You also need the BT Passkey which is used by the phone and the car. I had the luxury of knowing that the V600 paired therefore the RAZR should. I just kept cycling through what should work, trying out different strategies. It did not pair instantly once I worked my way through it. I just kept trying repeatedly. Once it paired the phonebook did not load instantly. It takes several minutes for my small phonebook to load. It must take a long time for a really big phonebook to load.

I understand it there is one Bluetooth module. Therefore if the V600 is working properly, the RAZR should act identically. My sense is that the pairing may need several attempts before it pairs, if you know what you are doing. More attempts if you bumbled around like me. I would go back to the dealer to have them pair the phone. They are supposed to pair the phone as I understand it to make sure that the BT is working properly. The V600 should work fine.

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Members

Great news. I'll be ordering my razr once I figure out how the new AT&T/Cingular merger works to let me do that.

Here's a dumb question for you: does the razr let you assoicate a picture with your contacts? I really love that about my nokia (known to be incompatible with BMW).

Peace.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by isbell' date='Nov 16 2004, 08:22 AM
Great news.? I'll be ordering my razr once I figure out how the new AT&T/Cingular merger works to let me do that.

Here's a dumb question for you: does the razr let you assoicate a picture with your contacts?? I really love that about my nokia (known to be incompatible with BMW).

Peace.
[snapback]56754[/snapback]
My battery is too low to tell for sure. I believe that you can associate a photograph with the contact. I'll check and post after I get to my office.

Quick Reply: Motorola RAZR V3 is Fully Compatible with BMW BT