Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Motorola Q works great!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking phone.

Just curious, why would you choose this phone over something like an XDA Atom?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='292161' date='Jun 3 2006, 11:18 PM
We don't have it on this side of the pond/world.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='291888' date='Jun 3 2006, 05:14 AM
I've been using a T-Mobile SDA for a couple months now. It works great.
I was waiting for the Q, but when I found out it was going to Verizon, that killed the deal.

Glad to hear the Bluetooth works, though. Verizon is notorious for crippling features on their phones and making you pay to "activate" them. Sounds like they might have put that shady business practice to bed.
I'm currently using Verizon's VX6700 is it possible to call verizon and pay them to activate the address book feature for the bluetooth on the iDrive?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wnrussell' post='292158' date='Jun 3 2006, 11:07 PM
For those who like the RAZR, but wish they had a Blackberry and a PDA at .47 inches thin, the new Motorola Q is here
I'm loving the Q so far - coming from an XV6600 (and a Kyocera 7135 before that), I'm pretty used to PDA phones. Wireless Sync has been working really well to give me "pseudo-push" emails quickly, and the overall interface of the phone has some nice touches that make one-handed use "as a phone" really easy.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='292198' date='Jun 4 2006, 03:22 AM
I'm currently using Verizon's VX6700 is it possible to call verizon and pay them to activate the address book feature for the bluetooth on the iDrive?
You can call them but it won't do any good . You can only hope that the next firmware update (which should be out in the not-too-distant future to provide MSFP/AKU2 for true push email) also has the upgraded Bluetooth profile that will allow full phonebook transfer, etc.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='292161' date='Jun 3 2006, 11:18 PM
The Audiovox XV6600 I just replaced is similar to the Atom - it's a previous iteration (you probably know it as the O2 XDA or iMate PDA 2K - basically it's the HTC Harrier). I could have upgraded to the current version of these Pocket PC phones (like the XV6700, Cingular 8125, T-Mobile SDA, Treo 700p etc.) but all of those have a noticeably bigger form factor. Even though the width and height of the Q are not that much different than those other phones, it's extremely thin and much lighter, and this makes it much easier to carry around.

Also, I wanted to move away from the Pocket PC/touchscreen devices to get a "phone-first" device with easy one-handed operation that also has a QWERTY keyboard on the phone (without needing to slide out a keyboard, as most of the other devices have).

Basically, different needs and uses - and the Q delivers beautifully.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Originally Posted by wnrussell' post='292158' date='Jun 3 2006, 08:07 PM
For those who like the RAZR, but wish they had a Blackberry and a PDA at .47 inches thin, the new Motorola Q is here:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/q/q-experience/

Everything seems to work on the initial release, except the signal strength indicator on the I-Drive.
I don't want to poop on the Q.. I like the form factor and the feature set, but please don't refer to it in the same sentence as a Blackberry. The Q is a good phone and good PDA, but by no means a BB killer. I'm sure at some point in time MS will manage to get true push e-mail working, but their implementation of "wireless sync" is a mess.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Contributors

It has multiple POP email built in. I can send and receive from my regular ISP. What do you mean by 'True Push'?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I don't want to poop on the Q.. I like the form factor and the feature set, but please don't refer to it in the same sentence as a Blackberry. The Q is a good phone and good PDA, but by no means a BB killer. I'm sure at some point in time MS will manage to get true push e-mail working, but their implementation of "wireless sync" is a mess.
My SDA gets e-mails immediately. I'm sure it's the same for the Q, since they are both Windows Mobile 5.

My friend (who owns an IT company) has the Cingular version of the SDA, and he's got it sync'd with his office Exchange server. It's sweet. He can update calendar, e-mail, tasks, etc... Works great. He is getting rid of his Blackberry.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Hi Catul,

I was able to get the Moto Q to pair with my E60 and things seems to work fine except the phone book didn't transfer over... what am i missing ?

TIA!

Originally Posted by Catul' post='291824' date='Jun 2 2006, 08:48 PM
I've been using an Audiovox XV6600 (Verizon) for over a year now, and I got just basic handsfree functionality with my 2005 545i. Just switched to a Motorola Q and I was delighted to find full Contacts transfer, voice dialing, incoming/outgoing number/name display etc - very cool. I believe this is the first PDA/Pocket PC/Smartphone that offers full bluetooth capabilities with our cars, I'm pretty happy

Quick Reply: Motorola Q works great!