Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

More Bluetooth phone tests

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nogaro' post='594063' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:58 PM
In addition, according to the review, I can use the more powerful voice dialing feature of the BB8130.
With either phone, you get the same voice dialing features that your car supports - or does not support.

If your car has a CCC, you also have the speech-to-text voice command which allows you to speak any name in the directory. Both the 8120 and the iPhone support this in cars with a CCC.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by calpalmer' post='594005' date='Jun 2 2008, 09:55 PM
Here's what I need to do with my Blackberry, can someone tell me if it can be done via the iDrive bluetooth?
1) I dial the phone number
2) on VM answer, I must dial a 2-character access prompt, then pause
3) on VM instruction, I dial my office phone extension, then pause
4) on VM instruction, I dial my password

On the Blackberry all of the above is automated with some programmed pauses. I haven't been able to do that on the iDrive.

Cal

PS I think this is unintentionally hijacking Jon's thread, so I'll ask my question in another thread. No need to reply here.
I'm able to do this with no problems using my BB 8700c -- you just have to program in the pauses on the BB, not iDrive. Once the BB is setup properly, you the entry will transfer over to the car via BT and you simply select the number and it works perfectly.

Go to your BB phone book and edit a number. While on the number field, bring up the context menu and select "add pause" to enter a pause. You can enter as many as you need before entering more digits.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='594161' date='Jun 3 2008, 12:03 AM
I'm able to do this with no problems using my BB 8700c -- you just have to program in the pauses on the BB, not iDrive. Once the BB is setup properly, you the entry will transfer over to the car via BT and you simply select the number and it works perfectly.

Go to your BB phone book and edit a number. While on the number field, bring up the context menu and select "add pause" to enter a pause. You can enter as many as you need before entering more digits.
+1 As usual Rudy is right. I used the same maneuver on my BB 8130.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

I can attest that the new Samsung Glyde is fully compatible. My last phone (LG VX8100) worked, but didn't upload my address book, track missed calls, etc. This one does it all. I'm a happy camper now.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='594161' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:03 PM

Rudy, I only have tried the sequence dialing via the BB programmed number. I programmed it on the BB originally, adding the pauses where necessary. Dialing directly from the BB key pad it works perfectly, only requiring "enter" presses each time VM is ready for the next sequence of codes (that's how I access my corporate voice mail in my car successfully). If, however, I use I drive to dial the number from the BB address book, it doesn't work. I get a Verizon error message as if I dialed a number that is not in service, before it's even ready for the first string of code characters.

I'll keep fiddling with it and/or someone will send me iDrive for Dummies on this. (BTW, I am <not> one of those iDrive critics; on the contrary I think the '08 implementation is magnificent, especially compared to some of the earlier implementations, and the touch screen alternatives available on competing brands).

Cal
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='594165' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:06 PM
+1 As usual Rudy is right. I used the same maneuver on my BB 8130.
+2 as I do the same with my BB 8703e (VZW)
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by calpalmer' post='595866' date='Jun 4 2008, 10:27 PM
Rudy, I only have tried the sequence dialing via the BB programmed number. I programmed it on the BB originally, adding the pauses where necessary. Dialing directly from the BB key pad it works perfectly, only requiring "enter" presses each time VM is ready for the next sequence of codes (that's how I access my corporate voice mail in my car successfully). If, however, I use I drive to dial the number from the BB address book, it doesn't work. I get a Verizon error message as if I dialed a number that is not in service, before it's even ready for the first string of code characters.

I'll keep fiddling with it and/or someone will send me iDrive for Dummies on this. (BTW, I am <not> one of those iDrive critics; on the contrary I think the '08 implementation is magnificent, especially compared to some of the earlier implementations, and the touch screen alternatives available on competing brands).

Cal
I might have to play around some more but maybe this is some sort of AT&T vs. Verizon thing. All I know is that a number I have programmed with pauses on the BB just works without any user intervention/need to press enter. For example, if I call a number that is answered by an auto attendant (let's say the number is 412-123-4567) and the auto attendant says something like "if you know the extension number you wish to call, please dial it now", I can automatically dial the extension (lets say it's extension 4321) by using the pauses.

I'd simply program 412-123-4567[pause][pause]4321 on the BB and it just works when I choose it via the iDrive interface. Keep in mind that you can add or remove pauses to allow for the proper timing of things.

Could you be programming in "waits" instead of "pauses?"
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

The T-mob 8120 does work excellent. When I stop in my driveway, the phone switches to UMA with my home router.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Blackberry Pearl 8110 work excellent in my 60....raise a glass to the Blackbeery 81xxx Series phones.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Members

I have a BB 8130 & can't pair with my '07 525i. BMW said the phone wasn't compatible but I see others in here who have paired. Is it a Verizon problem? BB phone issue? or BMW tech?

Quick Reply: More Bluetooth phone tests