Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Memory Match Complications

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

As posted somewhere else before, I have recently switched to the BB Bold 9700 and its a fantastic phone. Love it compared to the iPhone 3GS!!

Now there is an interesting 'memory match' phenomenon which I have experienced. The experience was the same with the iPhone.

After syncing to the car, the names apparently download onto the iDrive (although in my A-Z list on iDrive, the names stop at M and I cant browse beyond that; this is only with the BB- iPhone displayed all names- any clue why?) and if the person is dialled through the iDrive, the entire name and detail (Work/Home/Mobile) is displayed on screen alongwith callduration. In the similar manner, for the most part- when an outside caller who is in my phonebook calls me, the name and detail usually does show up.
However, when the phone is used directly and someone from the phone directory is called, his/her name does not show up on the screen and rather only xxxxxxxxxxxxx and call duration shows up. Any clue to why this happens as its quite bizarre.

Hope to hear from you soon!

kris