Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

List of all phones?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current: 2000 Oriental Blue 528i, Steptronic, Beige Leather Interior Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, CD Changer Awaiting Delivery: 2005 530i, Titanium Gray with Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, NAV, Xenon, SAT Radio, Aux Input, Euro Reflectors
Thumbs up

Ok... I am new to these forums, but have owned my 2000 528i for 5 years. I am considering 2 current options:

1) Trade in my current 528 and get a new 2005 530i with NAV, CW, Prem Package, Xenon for a great deal.

2) Trade in my current 528 and get a new 2006 530i with NAV, CW, Prem Package with the bigger engine (my preferred course today) in 2-3 months for a great deal as well. (Perillo in Chicago moves a ton of inventory and is making very good deals currently.)

So I have look through the first 10 pages of messages on this board and found a ton of good information, but regardless, I still need to find a list of all bluetooth phones and carriers that are/will be supported, including the snap in adapter that I take is required to have the Bluetooth phone charged while in use with iDrive. Is the adpater required, as I read on these boards one guy with a Razor keeps the phone in his pocket while using with iDrive? I current use Sprint as my carrier and currently have a Sanyo 4500 videophone which is not Bluetooth enabled. I plan on getting a new phone, but would ideally like to stay on Sprint (reception at home with Sprint is best of all carriers - downtown Chicago). Are any Sprint Bluetooth phones compatible? If so, which models? If not, does anyone have a complete or semi-complete listing of all the phones/carrier/snap-in adapter options available to me for use with the iDrive?

Thanks in advance for the anticipated help!

Jeff
Old 03-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Members

My Ride: Current: 2000 Oriental Blue 528i, Steptronic, Beige Leather Interior Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, CD Changer Awaiting Delivery: 2005 530i, Titanium Gray with Black Leather, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, NAV, Xenon, SAT Radio, Aux Input, Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by DIGISPY' date='Mar 12 2005, 01:16 PM
Ok... I am new to these forums, but have owned my 2000 528i for 5 years. I am considering 2 current options:

1) Trade in my current 528 and get a new 2005 530i with NAV, CW, Prem Package, Xenon for a great deal.

2) Trade in my current 528 and get a new 2006 530i with NAV, CW, Prem Package with the bigger engine (my preferred course today) in 2-3 months for a great deal as well. (Perillo in Chicago moves a ton of inventory and is making very good deals currently.)

So I have look through the first 10 pages of messages on this board and found a ton of good information, but regardless, I still need to find a list of all bluetooth phones and carriers that are/will be supported, including the snap in adapter that I take is required to have the Bluetooth phone charged while in use with iDrive. Is the adpater required, as I read on these boards one guy with a Razor keeps the phone in his pocket while using with iDrive?? I current use Sprint as my carrier and currently have a Sanyo 4500 videophone which is not Bluetooth enabled. I plan on getting a new phone, but would ideally like to stay on Sprint (reception at home with Sprint is best of all carriers - downtown Chicago). Are any Sprint Bluetooth phones compatible? If so, which models? If not, does anyone have a complete or semi-complete listing of all the phones/carrier/snap-in adapter options available to me for use with the iDrive?

Thanks in advance for the anticipated help!

Jeff
[snapback]100535[/snapback]
Please help... I will be purchasing the car in the next 2-3 days....

Thanks again,

Jeff
Old 03-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Check out the Bluetooth link on the BMWUSA site. Gives you all the compatable instruments.
http://www.bmwusa.com/BmwExperience/BMWTec...uxury.htm?id=96
Old 03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I don't think that web page shows compatible phones.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, digispy ! i personally think you should go with the '06 530 or 550. but if the price for '05 is too good to resist, nothing wrong with it .
Old 03-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Mar 12 2005, 01:59 PM
I don't think that web page shows compatible phones.
[snapback]100548[/snapback]
Follow the link to Bluetooth microsite ---> Compatible Phones and
Old 03-12-2005, 03:39 PM
VR

I too have sprint, and there currently are no phones out there for it really.....at least good compatible ones.

Another question, is your dealer willing to make a good deal NOW on a 06? Or is he just planning on taking a deposit and working out the numbers later?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, DIGISPY !
Old 03-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by VR' date='Mar 12 2005, 07:39 PM
I too have sprint, and there currently are no phones out there for it really.....at least good compatible ones.

Another question, is your dealer willing to make a good deal NOW on a 06?? Or is he just planning on taking a deposit and working out the numbers later?
[snapback]100670[/snapback]
Grrrr on the Sprint thing... I think I might go pickup a Motorola V600 on Tmobile... Verizon is crap at my house so I cant even consider them.

The residuals and finance rates for the 2006's wont be out for at least 4-6 weeks, but Perillo had about 5 2006's in production which I could have signed up for for delivery date and finance terms TBD with a small deposit to get on list. They guessed the monthly's on the 2006 vs 2005's would be about $50-70 more per month through the end of the year, as they have to get rid of all the 2005's still out there since these 2006's coming out in April/May is very early in the year and 2005 inventory is still high, even though the MSRP's showing on bmwusa.com are equal to the MSRP's of the 2005's on hand. NO good deals now on 2006 unfortunately, and I tried 3 different dealers today.

What I can say is that Perillo BMW in Chicago makes GREAT deals... they do a huge volume....

I have decided on trading in my 2000 528i and get a Titanium Gray 2005 530i with Black leather, Premium Package, Cold weather package, steptronic auto, aux input, sat radio, xenon, and NAV. They are getting the car from another dealer on Monday or Tuesday, and if it looks good, I will be a new proud owner. A couple days to go!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Mar 12 2005, 08:27 PM
Welcome aboard, DIGISPY !
[snapback]100704[/snapback]
Thanks ICEMAN!

Quick Reply: List of all phones?