Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

LG Shine (KE970)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Folks,

Picked up a 06-Plate 525D M-Sport yesterday, and have been messing around with the iDrive and various gadgets.

I've managed to pair my LG Shine correctly, and the phone prompts me for a connection as soon as I put the key in. I also discovered this morning that it will accept incoming calls without a problem.

However, I have 2 problems;

Firstly, it doesn't appear to be grabbing the address book at all. When I select A-Z, it just gives me a 'clock' icon and a 'Please wait...' message. I've had this for at least an hour so far (the longest period I've been in the car).

Secondly, if I dial a number (using the iDrive) it shows 'connecting...' then after a few seconds says 'call ended'.

Has anyone come across either of these issues before, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TheChillPill' post='403445' date='Mar 16 2007, 08:41 AM
Hi Folks,

Picked up a 06-Plate 525D M-Sport yesterday, and have been messing around with the iDrive and various gadgets.

I've managed to pair my LG Shine correctly, and the phone prompts me for a connection as soon as I put the key in. I also discovered this morning that it will accept incoming calls without a problem.

Firstly, it doesn't appear to be grabbing the address book at all. When I select A-Z, it just gives me a 'clock' icon and a 'Please wait...' message. I've had this for at least an hour so far (the longest period I've been in the car).

Secondly, if I dial a number (using the iDrive) it shows 'connecting...' then after a few seconds says 'call ended'.

Has anyone come across either of these issues before, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help!
Hey,

1. I'm sorry to tell you this but LG phones almost never load the address book I know only of very few model LG phones that have ever loaded the address book.

2. Try using the voice command "Dial Number" to make a call if that doesn't work either then my opinion would be to get another phone because that one isn't gonna work for you but just to be sure pair someone else's bluetooth phone that is non LG like a Motorola phone. If that phones works well and makes call then I'm afraid that your LG phone is the problem.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rob@JMK BMW' post='403693' date='Mar 16 2007, 11:35 PM
Hey,

1. I'm sorry to tell you this but LG phones almost never load the address book I know only of very few model LG phones that have ever loaded the address book.

2. Try using the voice command "Dial Number" to make a call if that doesn't work either then my opinion would be to get another phone because that one isn't gonna work for you but just to be sure pair someone else's bluetooth phone that is non LG like a Motorola phone. If that phones works well and makes call then I'm afraid that your LG phone is the problem.
Thanks Rob,

I have today figured out that I'm able to make a call if I use the keypad on the phone itself, instead of dialing via the iDrive. That is a reasonably good enough solution for my needs at the moment.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I can't believe this. I had Moto V3 for a few years, and it has no problem displaying name and phone numbers on iDrive.
LG shine sucks!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Members

My Ride: Metallic gray '05 545i Sport Black Leather with HUD, Step, Nav, PDC, CWP, K&N Air Filter, Black RPI scoop, Black painted calipers, 35% F1 Pinnacle tint, 19" RDSport RS-2F rims with Continental ExtremeContact DWs.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='639757' date='Aug 4 2008, 07:22 PM
I can't believe this. I had Moto V3 for a few years, and it has no problem displaying name and phone numbers on iDrive.
LG shine sucks!
It's not LGs fault. BMW teamed up with Motorola, don't know why, for their Bluetooth service. I have an LG VX8700 nad it works fine, until it messes up because of not quite compatible communications. But if you delete the car from the phone, then re-discover it, then pair, it works ok, for a while. Go to the BMW Bluetooth official phone wensite and your see three Moto phones from Verizon that BMW ways will work perfectly. I blame BMW for going with only one solution.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I picked up an LG Dare yesterday and so far so good. It works perfectly and pairs faster than my old V3c Moto.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gbartlett' post='646599' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:13 AM
I picked up an LG Dare yesterday and so far so good. It works perfectly and pairs faster than my old V3c Moto.
Yes i also has the LG DARE i picked up when they first came out. And yes it does work good. No problem so far. Always loads up quick.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d SE, Usual SE plus Sat Nav, heated seats, bluetooth, Front parking sensors, changer and 18" Star Spoke Alloys

Originally Posted by TheChillPill' post='403445' date='Mar 16 2007, 01:41 PM

Firstly, it doesn't appear to be grabbing the address book at all.

Thanks for any help!
I have had exactly the same problems with my LG phone, although mine is is an LG Viewty. Its quite annoying! I will have to try the dialling out on my phone solution tomorrow when i get chance then report back. Has anyone got any ideas as to what would cause the disconnect? Im not so bothered about the address book not loading, alot of the numbers i need i use regularly and i know them off by heart! Being able to dial out would complete the purchase of what is thus far my perfect car!

Off topic a bit...only requires a one word answer :-)

When you use the dial number option on the voice control mine confirms the number then says 'continue?' What is the correct answer to this to get it to dial? I have tried 'yes' and various other more colourful versions of it but it says 'cancel' then stops. Not a problem as i probably wont use the voice control much- im just curious! (Funny thing is that my wife said 'Boll**ks' to it when we got frustrated with it and the system said 'Service is not available'... oh how we laughed!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d SE, Usual SE plus Sat Nav, heated seats, bluetooth, Front parking sensors, changer and 18" Star Spoke Alloys

Originally Posted by Drac' post='649970' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:07 PM
I have had exactly the same problems with my LG phone, although mine is is an LG Viewty. Its quite annoying! I will have to try the dialling out on my phone solution tomorrow when i get chance then report back. Has anyone got any ideas as to what would cause the disconnect? Im not so bothered about the address book not loading, alot of the numbers i need i use regularly and i know them off by heart! Being able to dial out would complete the purchase of what is thus far my perfect car!
Just to update everyone on my bluetooth connection problem, it does turn out to be the phone which is what i expected seeing as my LG Viewty wasnt on the compatible list. I tried loads of peoples phone (none of them on the compatible list BTW) and none of them worked and it was very disheartening i have to say! However i went onto ebay and bought a phone that WAS on the list (Motorola RAZR V3) so i could use it as a test phone. Tested it today and its worked fine so all is well, i will just piggyback one off the other and everytime im in the car everything will be fine and dandy! Me? Well i am happy that my perfect car is still just that..... perfect! :-)
Old 05-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Members

Hi all.
I found a website http://www.decalskin.com/ , While searching on internet, Is this website is really good in providing nice skins for lg dare cell phones ?
I want it for my new lg mobile.