Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

LG PM-325

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 20 2004, 12:46 PM
[quote name='sav' date='Dec 20 2004, 11:44 AM']I see that it is working with Acura TL except that signal strength and battery life does not appear on screen. If it works this well with BMW, I will get it.? $229 is not a bad price
[snapback]70758[/snapback]

this phone does not have OBEX services enabled. hence, no sync on address book etc.
[snapback]70770[/snapback]
[/quote]

My rep called me, they have them in stock again and strangely Radio Shack got them before the Sprint stores did. But alas, as stated above, it does not support OBEX and therefore at a minimum the phone book won't transfer. Sprint is such an aggravating company I'm at a loss for words. Guess it's time to vote with my pocket book and switch carriers.

And FYI, with the $150 rebate the phone ends up costing ~$80 which is pretty darn good for BT....if it only worked.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Dec 20 2004, 04:12 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Dec 20 2004, 12:46 PM'][quote name='sav' date='Dec 20 2004, 11:44 AM']I see that it is working with Acura TL except that signal strength and battery life does not appear on screen. If it works this well with BMW, I will get it.? $229 is not a bad price
[snapback]70758[/snapback]

this phone does not have OBEX services enabled. hence, no sync on address book etc.
[snapback]70770[/snapback]
[/quote]

My rep called me, they have them in stock again and strangely Radio Shack got them before the Sprint stores did. But alas, as stated above, it does not support OBEX and therefore at a minimum the phone book won't transfer. Sprint is such an aggravating company I'm at a loss for words. Guess it's time to vote with my pocket book and switch carriers.

Does anyone know if the Sony Ericson phone is OBEX capable?

And FYI, with the $150 rebate the phone ends up costing ~$80 which is pretty darn good for BT....if it only worked.
[snapback]70830[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Guest_SAV_*

Sorry,

Does anyone know if the Sony Ericson phone works in all aspects? BMW lists it as an approved phone.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest_SAV_*' date='Dec 20 2004, 05:28 PM
Sorry,

Does anyone know if the Sony Ericson phone works in all aspects? BMW lists it as an approved phone.
[snapback]70879[/snapback]
I am using the SE T637 with factory installed BT on a 2005 525i. This configuration works in all regards - hands-free operation, auto-address book sync, operate phone through iDrive screen, etc.

--Joe
Old 12-22-2004, 12:14 PM

After talking with the Sprint support people, writing an email and crying in my beer there is a chance Sprint will enable the OBEX on the LG PM-325 to make it fully compatible: if enough customers want it, they'll do it.

So:

Write them an email here:
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/learn/form...c_question.jsp

or call and complain:

(888) 211-4727
ask for technical support
press 1 then 2 then enter your phone number then press 0 for the person.

or both.

Tell em you're mad as hell and you aren't gonna take it anymore. Or just ask nicely. Vote early, vote often.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Dec 22 2004, 04:14 PM
After talking with the Sprint support people, writing an email and crying in my beer there is a chance Sprint will enable the OBEX on the LG PM-325 to make it fully compatible: if enough customers want it, they'll do it.

So:

Write them an email here:
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/learn/form...c_question.jsp

or call and complain:

(888) 211-4727
ask for technical support
press 1 then 2 then enter your phone number then press 0 for the person.

or both.

Tell em you're mad as hell and you aren't gonna take it anymore.? Or just ask nicely.? Vote early, vote often.
[snapback]71566[/snapback]
That was me
Old 12-22-2004, 12:40 PM
sav
Members

According to this link, it works with the ULF bluetooth system with X5. What is ULF? If it works with the X5, will it work with the E60?http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm the E60?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sav' date='Dec 22 2004, 04:40 PM
According to this link, it works with the ULF bluetooth system with X5. What is ULF? If it works with the X5, will it work with the E60?http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm the E60?
[snapback]71572[/snapback]
I think that just means that if it pairs with the ULF (the BMW ultra-low-frequency bluetooth hardware) then the car will pair with the phone. So it "works" in that the communcation link should be able to be established but without the OBEX protocol activated you won't be able to see your phone book in the iDrive. You won't see names come up on the screen when people call you. To me that's half the allure right there. Sprint has enabled OBEX on the Trio, but I don't want a friggin Treo. I already have a Blackberry for work so I just want a simple phone....
Old 12-22-2004, 01:09 PM
sav
Members

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Dec 22 2004, 03:59 PM
[quote name='sav' date='Dec 22 2004, 04:40 PM']According to this link, it works with the ULF bluetooth system with X5. What is ULF? If it works with the X5, will it work with the E60?http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm the E60?
I think that just means that if it pairs with the ULF (the BMW ultra-low-frequency bluetooth hardware) then the car will pair with the phone. So it "works" in that the communcation link should be able to be established but without the OBEX protocol activated you won't be able to see your phone book in the iDrive. You won't see names come up on the screen when people call you. To me that's half the allure right there. Sprint has enabled OBEX on the Trio, but I don't want a friggin Treo. I already have a Blackberry for work so I just want a simple phone....
[snapback]71578[/snapback]
[/quote]

It works for the Treo 650? I heard that it was incompatible
Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sav' date='Dec 22 2004, 05:09 PM
[quote name='Sans' date='Dec 22 2004, 03:59 PM'][quote name='sav' date='Dec 22 2004, 04:40 PM']According to this link, it works with the ULF bluetooth system with X5. What is ULF? If it works with the X5, will it work with the E60?http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm the E60?
[snapback]71578[/snapback]
[/quote]

It works for the Treo 650? I heard that it was incompatible
[snapback]71584[/snapback]
[/quote]

In retrospect, I think it was a hack that got that to function.

Quick Reply: LG PM-325