Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello folks..new to this forum. A question regarding about IPODS. I have an 08 550i and i notice that my IPOD still charges eventhough the car is off. Now is that something normal ? Would it drain my car battery ? One dealer told me just to disconnect it when your not driving your car. Isn't that a pain in the you know what that you have to plug and unplug the IPOD ? Is this an IPOD ISSUE or A BMW ISSUE ? Any thoughts on this ? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by beemerjams' post='569740' date='Apr 28 2008, 01:15 AM
Hello folks..new to this forum. A question regarding about IPODS. I have an 08 550i and i notice that my IPOD still charges eventhough the car is off. Now is that something normal ? Would it drain my car battery ? One dealer told me just to disconnect it when your not driving your car. Isn't that a pain in the you know what that you have to plug and unplug the IPOD ? Is this an IPOD ISSUE or A BMW ISSUE ? Any thoughts on this ? Thanks.
You know, I've never checked mine, but I leave mine plugged in all the time. Never had a dead battery. I think it shuts off after a delay, when the car goes to sleep mode. If I am leaving the car for more than a couple of days, I usually do take the iPod out but only because I'm taking it with me while I'm travelling for work etc...
Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Car and Ipod should shut off when the cars goes to sleep mode. Think it's 30 seconds to 1 minute. I leave my ipod plugged in over night and haven't had issues starting my car in the AM. If you look at your ipod when getting into your car the ipod begins charging once the electronics are turned on..so it would appear as if it was on/charging the whole time....

I've been trying to get better at not leaving my ipod in the center console, especially since it's getting closer to summer time because I'm scared I will fry my ipod (ipod battery) if I leave it in the car on a hot day...
Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='574862' date='May 5 2008, 08:48 PM
Car and Ipod should shut off when the cars goes to sleep mode. Think it's 30 seconds to 1 minute. I leave my ipod plugged in over night and haven't had issues starting my car in the AM. If you look at your ipod when getting into your car the ipod begins charging once the electronics are turned on..so it would appear as if it was on/charging the whole time....

I've been trying to get better at not leaving my ipod in the center console, especially since it's getting closer to summer time because I'm scared I will fry my ipod (ipod battery) if I leave it in the car on a hot day...
I leave my iPod in 24/7 and haven't experienced any problem with the car battery. My issue is with the 28k songs (92 gigs) of music. The car system can't keep up and will freeze during searches. I need to cut out about 5k songs and see if it performs as it should. I had 2500 songs, my friend gave me 25k +.