Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iphone snap-in adapter from BMW now avail.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So does this help with the bluetooth connection issues that some have, I am running latest IPHONE software 1.1.3 and have latest Idrive software but still have connection issues between the 2.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005-12 E60 M5 :: Silverstone :: Silverstone Full Perforated Most extras bar climate comfort glass, there was even a detachable towbar in the boot weighing me down...what would anyone dream of towing with an M5, except maybe a fellow M5 owner with the Red Cog of Death!? Twin rear screens + PS2 + DVD :: Origin B2+laser detect :: Pentagon Security Glass Photos from my Nürburgring Trip and other random photos available on my website: www.scoopz.com

Originally Posted by jotty' post='532289' date='Feb 17 2008, 10:04 AM
So does this help with the bluetooth connection issues that some have, I am running latest IPHONE software 1.1.3 and have latest Idrive software but still have connection issues between the 2.
No this won't help with bluetooth connection issues. If you have problems with b/t connecting then when you answer a call not hearing anything, or call breaks up then you're not alone, I have the same problems.

The only solution I have found so far is to turn OFF wifi before i get into the car. For some reason having wifi enabled interferes with my bluetooth connection. If I answer a call and then hear nothing, if i quickly grab the phone, go to settings->wifi and turn it off the call continues perfectly thereafter.

This may not be the solution for you but I've got the latest iPhone 1.1.3 and had BMW update my iDrive sofrware to v.27 to help with the situation.

I know some people don't have a single problem with the iPhone and iDrive so all I can assume is those with problems have an earlier build car with an older bluetooth module in the car.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i Alpine White, Sport Package, 6MT, Auburn interior 2007 Acura TSX, Black on Black, 6MT, OEM Body Kit 2000 Honda CBR929RR, Yellow, Pazzo Racing adjustable brake/clutch levers, Sato rear sets, full Micron Exhaust, double bubble windscreen.

my motorola slvr was working great, loud, clear and crisp connection. now that i have the iphone the connection is weak and volume was really way down.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

with out bluetooth the snap adapter is pointless? Can there be a bluetooth module to add to the snap in adapter? t hanks
Old 03-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Ok lost my trusty RAZR and now have an iPhone.

Q1 - is that part number 84-10-9-182-792 the same for the US? Dealer told me it was not available (I did not have the part number with me)
Q2 - Anyone notice their iPhone having much worse reception than their RAZR? While I don't have mine in the cradle I've had more dropped calls with the iPhone in the last three days than I ever had with the RAZR.

Comments?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='538116' date='Mar 1 2008, 09:12 PM
Ok lost my trusty RAZR and now have an iPhone.

Q1 - is that part number 84-10-9-182-792 the same for the US? Dealer told me it was not available (I did not have the part number with me)
Q2 - Anyone notice their iPhone having much worse reception than their RAZR? While I don't have mine in the cradle I've had more dropped calls with the iPhone in the last three days than I ever had with the RAZR.

Comments?

thats just AT&T with too many subscribers and fewer base stations... I am running 1.1.3 CRACKED iPhone in Bangladesh, and I have perfect calls, almost never any dropped calls....
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Members

Hmm, so the unanswered question still is - can we do wiring so we can use Iphone as ipod too? Otherwise having Ipod in glove box and iphone/ipod in armrest seems funny...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i | Black Sapphire | Black Nasca Leather | Sport Package | Heads Up Display | Navigation | Lane Departure Warning | Electric Rear Sunshade | Logic 7 Sound System | USB audio | Heated Rear Seats | Ventilated Seats | Picked up: February 25, 2008

mmm so i don't have a cellphone wired in my car and everything is still new to me. from what i see, we need a TCU and the iPhone adapter to have it all plugged in??? um... a dealer quoted me $1300-$1400USD for a retrofit! that's crazy... isn't it all plug n play? i'm assuming the car comes pre-wired for cellphone use right?!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Members

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by biotoxic' post='543544' date='Mar 12 2008, 05:30 PM
Hmm, so the unanswered question still is - can we do wiring so we can use Iphone as ipod too? Otherwise having Ipod in glove box and iphone/ipod in armrest seems funny...
I'm all set to pick up my 3G phone this coming friday, any solutions out there for a wiring harness that enables dual functionality (iphone + ipod). Has anybody contacted Bruce Miranda, again I'm willing to pay a premium price for such harness. -Noah
Old 07-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Noah' post='620571' date='Jul 10 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm all set to pick up my 3G phone this coming friday, any solutions out there for a wiring harness that enables dual functionality (iphone + ipod). Has anybody contacted Bruce Miranda, again I'm willing to pay a premium price for such harness. -Noah
In theory this is possible but will need someone to answer a few questions. Does the ipod connector in the glove box charge the ipone? If it does then why do you need the cradle, just keep your phone in the glove and it will charge your ipone and give you the ipod features. Why do you need this custom wiring?

Quick Reply: iphone snap-in adapter from BMW now avail.