Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone from Apple with BT 2.0 EDR

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Will this be compatible with the E60?
Check it out at:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/
Release date June '07
Old 01-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='375956' date='Jan 9 2007, 05:42 PM
Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Will this be compatible with the E60?
Check it out at:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/
Release date June '07
It should be but since I don't know anyone who has one yet I can't confirm. It's a nice phone, just wish it was a 3G phone. I'll be sure to report back when I have my hands on one.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='375999' date='Jan 9 2007, 07:14 PM
It should be but since I don't know anyone who has one yet I can't confirm. It's a nice phone, just wish it was a 3G phone. I'll be sure to report back when I have my hands on one.
Correct, it is a 2G phone. Therefore, American think that it is an amazing phone. However, Japanese doesn't think so because of their willingness to accept new and latest technology. They use 3G phones for a long time. US is still behind. Most American just need a simple phone not a high tech. fancy phone. Die-hard Apple user will love the phone. For that kind of price, I will stick with my Razr. Different people have different taste....

Just my 0.5 cents.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Contributors

I don't think anyone knows the answer until its out..
Old 01-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lcc014' post='377659' date='Jan 13 2007, 07:38 AM
Correct, it is a 2G phone. Therefore, American think that it is an amazing phone. However, Japanese doesn't think so because of their willingness to accept new and latest technology. They use 3G phones for a long time. US is still behind. Most American just need a simple phone not a high tech. fancy phone. Die-hard Apple user will love the phone. For that kind of price, I will stick with my Razr. Different people have different taste....

Just my 0.5 cents.
We have 3G phones in the US as well; I think T-mobile might be the only company that offers 3G services though. And it's not necessarily because we are willing to accept old technology or we don't want the newest technology. The US is a much larger place than Japan; it's a lot more expensive and takes a lot longer to implement something like 3G. I'm not saying Japan didn't jump on the ball a lot sooner, because they obviously did. I'm just saying that I'm sure most Americans would love a high tech fancy phone, a lot of them do have them, it's just that it's not as practical over here since the networking isn't as easy to setup.

And perhaps we still use cell phones for uh... wait, what are they called... oh yeah, phone calls.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='378677' date='Jan 15 2007, 06:00 PM
We have 3G phones in the US as well; I think T-mobile might be the only company that offers 3G services though.
Actually, TMobile is probably the only major player in the US who still lacks 3G but they're working on it. They bid and won a bunch of available spectrum at the last auction for 3G.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='378708' date='Jan 15 2007, 03:57 PM
Actually, TMobile is probably the only major player in the US who still lacks 3G but they're working on it. They bid and won a bunch of available spectrum at the last auction for 3G.
You're right. I'm not really sure what I was saying there because I knew that Cingular and Verizon had 3G. Not too mention Sprint, Nextel, Alltel, Amp'd, and others all have 3G. So I don't know, my bad I guess.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Contributors

From the iPhone website: "Apple has chosen GSM technology for the iPhone. GSM provides the best global solution for our customers today and into the future with 3G and beyond. iPhone uses quad-band GSM. It also supports Cingular?s EDGE network,..."

If the debut iPhone model is in fact not 3G then I guess they are implying that the future models would be???
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='378409' date='Jan 15 2007, 05:08 AM
I don't think anyone knows the answer until its out..
"Apple is not known for its desire to make its products interoperable with anyone else's"
Published on ZDNet News: January 12, 2007, 4:01 AM PT

According to information released by Apple, the iPhone will not sync to Outlook or allow you to sync with other 3rd party PIM applications, will not allow you to view or edit Office documents, may not work as a modem for a MacBook or laptop, only responds to skin touch with no fingernail or stylus response, can only be used with Cingular (maybe for as long as 2 years), has a closed Mac OS X variant operating system, has no removable battery, has no memory expansion slot, has no GPS, and currently has no voice dialing capability.

In short, it is not a business phone at all.

Read; Why does the iPhone get so much hype when more capable devices are already available?
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=269
Old 01-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wnrussell' post='379029' date='Jan 16 2007, 10:05 AM
"Apple is not known for its desire to make its products interoperable with anyone else's"
Published on ZDNet News: January 12, 2007, 4:01 AM PT

According to information released by Apple, the iPhone will not sync to Outlook or allow you to sync with other 3rd party PIM applications, will not allow you to view or edit Office documents, may not work as a modem for a MacBook or laptop, only responds to skin touch with no fingernail or stylus response, can only be used with Cingular (maybe for as long as 2 years), has a closed Mac OS X variant operating system, has no removable battery, has no memory expansion slot, has no GPS, and currently has no voice dialing capability.

In short, it is not a business phone at all.

Read; Why does the iPhone get so much hype when more capable devices are already available?
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=269

Some of these things are why I like the iPhone over other phones. I own a Mac and don't care if it syncs with anyone else's applications. I'm happy it only responds to skin touch, that way I don't have to worry about something touching it and messing up what I was doing. I like that it has no removable battery, I've never removed a battery on any of my phones ever. I don't need GPS, my car has it, and I've never used voice dialing, so these options would be a waste of memory.

Although I do dislike that it has to be Cingular, that there is no memory expansion slot (although it's not that big of a deal, 8GB is probably gunna be fine for me), and that you can't even view or edit Office documents because OS X can do that so it seems like that should be possible.

I definitely understand why some people would want all of these options, especially if it's for a business phone, but for me this phone seems like someone finally gave me everything I want and would actually use.

Quick Reply: iPhone from Apple with BT 2.0 EDR