Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone 3GS / 4 - Bluetooth and iPod adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E61 525d M-Sport, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack, Sun Protection Glass, M6 Staggered Alloys, ACS Rear Diffuser, EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads, I-Pod Interface. Rear Aux Power DIY, LCI Rear Lights, Extended interior lights - doors and footwells, LED licence plate lights.

This is probably a silly question, but will the iphone 3GS or iphone 4 work with bluetooth while also connected via the ipod adaptor in the car? For example if you are listening to music in the car from the iphone via the adaptor, are you able to make and receive calls at the same time through the bluetooth function, or is it one or the other?
I'm sure this must have been covered but I can't seem to find the answer on the Search function. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

i was told the answer is no. however if you have an AUX port and hook your iphone up instead that way, they work together just fine. i do this regularly. i also do not have a USB port, so that might work as well.

if you have one it takes seriously less time to try it out in your car than to post this question on a message board and wait for answers...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 E61 525d M-Sport, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack, Sun Protection Glass, M6 Staggered Alloys, ACS Rear Diffuser, EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads, I-Pod Interface. Rear Aux Power DIY, LCI Rear Lights, Extended interior lights - doors and footwells, LED licence plate lights.

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i was told the answer is no. however if you have an AUX port and hook your iphone up instead that way, they work together just fine. i do this regularly. i also do not have a USB port, so that might work as well.

if you have one it takes seriously less time to try it out in your car than to post this question on a message board and wait for answers...
Hi, I don't have one, but I am considering purchasing an i-phone - hence the question, perhaps I should have made that clear. I already have the i-pod adaptor and this works fine with my i-pod, but don't have AUX or USB on the car. Perhaps I would need to retro fit and code AUX then or maybe fitting a Denison would be better?