Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Inconsistent Bluetooth acquisition

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if acquisition is the right word. Problem is as follows.....

90% of the time I get in the car, start the engine and 3-10 seconds later the mobile pairs itself with the car and all works beautifully.

Occasionally, I get in the car and .... it doesn't. The i-drive just says "Please activate phone". I then try switching the phone on and off, and switching the ignition on and off... to no avail. The next time I get in the car it will probably work fine.

Any ideas?

James
Old 07-22-2004, 03:58 AM
Members

This happens (infrequently) to me as well. To cure it on the move, I press I-Drive to bring up the settings menu, select Communications and turn Bluetooth off then on again. This seems to fix the problem for me.

I originally used a Vodafone branded Sony-Ericsson T610i with the car but it failed to connect with around 50% of incoming calls. So, I swapped it for a generic (non-sim locked) model and asked the dealer to upgrade the Bluetooth software. This has largely fixed the problems with non-connection of incoming calls - but the odd call still fails to connect, and the car still fails to see the phone on start up from time to time.

So, car is with dealer for yet another s/ware update this week, and also to get TMC working with biznav - due to get it back next week. Will let you know how I get on.

If you have a branded phone then I recommend that you swap it for a generic model as the network load their own software onto the phone. Of course, BMW certify their Bluetooth only with the generic models.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

I would blame this on Bluetooth.
At home I get the same thing sometimes with my pc.
After rebooting the PC, Bluetooth is enabled and devices are paired.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Members

I have a generic T630 and it also fails to pair and answer incoming calls from time time. I don't think I had the same problems with my 6310i.

When it doesn't pair, I just power the phone off and then on again and that sorts it.

It would be nice to have a little more volume at times - sometimes I can barely hear the person I'm talking to, other times, they tell me I sound very distant.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Members

Big question?
did any of you guys pair an external mobile phone while having the BMW Pro. built in phone (goes under the armrest)??????
Old 07-26-2004, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Desert530' date='Jul 26 2004, 09:05 AM
Big question?
did any of you guys pair an external mobile phone while having the BMW Pro. built in phone (goes under the armrest)??????
No.
Have not find a way to do so...
Old 07-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Members

It just occured to me that maybe if i can change the MAC Address of my mobile phone to match the MAC Address of the BMW hand set and trun the HandSet off while pairing my phone, that I can actually fool the car and pair my device while having the handset.

Any comments?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Interesting.. But how do you know that the BMW phone isn't talking a different language with the car then your phone?
Old 07-28-2004, 02:59 AM
Members

see the thing is I don't know, but i am assuming that it is acting as a handset.

I am assuming that because when i paired my phone with other E60s, I got a small icon in the phone with a mic symbol next to it.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Then it should be able to get it to work.

Quick Reply: Inconsistent Bluetooth acquisition