Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!
View Poll Results: Am I crazy to spend that much?
yes, put the money towards your next car (an M6 convertible)
38.24%
no, you spent 50 grand already, what's another 2...
61.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

I'm retrofitting TV and bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 30 2004, 05:32 PM
FlowerFred,

I gave my dealer your VIN and he talked to BMW and checked his system if those retrofits are possible.

Regarding the settopbox... NO.?
It seems you need to have some specific options in your car to be able to add the settop box. What kind of nav do you have? pro or bus? My dealer said something about CCC is missing in your car, that would mean you only have nav bus. And CCC is required...

Anyways,

BT retrofit IS possible, would cost 2900 Euro at my dealer!

The only chance you now have to get TV in your car, is a module from Freischaltmodul.de.
That would be the T-5500! It has an analog TV tuner and uses the in-dash monitor. It overrides any info shown on the monitor, so there is no BMW option required. It's a system you ADD on! This module allows watching TV while the car is in motion and you can plug a DVD player, a PS2, or whatever you want in there. You will then have analog TV, and can plug a DVD layer or someting else in.
If you want digital TV, you could add the module T-5000 (what doesn't have an analog TV tuner) and then add the settop box. The settop box will then give you analog and digital TV and teletext, and the module shows everything on the in-dash monitor even when the car is in motion... But I don't think you can also add a DVD player to it then, since the input is allready in use for the settop box...?
[snapback]39762[/snapback]

His Sig. states nav. Prof.. ..... so hmmmm, wonder why they cant do it??
Old 09-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Sep 30 2004, 06:36 PM
thats weird, in Flowerfred's signature it says that he has nav pro so he should CCC. But i thought that you get CCC if you have advanced air-con.
[snapback]39765[/snapback]
There are other things too the dealer mentioned that are required and that are missing in FF's E60... The CCC was one of them...
Old 09-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Contributors

This is pretty strange.. I do have pro nav and the advanced aircon system...
It seems to me this whole retrofit business is very poorly managed. You'd say they'd want to sell you the stuff.
Is BMW turning into Ford, where they only want to talk to you if you order at least 100 cars?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to figure this out Iceman. I think we can talk this on through on the 9th. Did you fit that freischaltthingie?

Just a thought, but could it be that my car is underspecced, the dealer knows and is trying to talk me out of the retrofit?
(the basis of any good conspiricy theary, in the human mind no large effect can have a small cause.)
Old 09-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 30 2004, 10:04 PM
I think we can talk this on through on the 9th. Did you fit that freischaltthingie?
[snapback]39835[/snapback]
NO. I'll get the settop box and will add a module to watch while the car is in motion (they are working on it).
Looking forward to the meet.