Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I need a new phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I've got to renew my phone . Up til now I've been using a basic Motorola ( no BT ) I'll likely get a Blackberry or something similar and wanted feedback regarding call quality , any thoughts ???

Thanks in Advance !
Old 08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='650008' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:01 PM
I've got to renew my phone . Up til now I've been using a basic Motorola ( no BT ) I'll likely get a Blackberry or something similar and wanted feedback regarding call quality , any thoughts ???

Thanks in Advance !
K, all Blackberry's are amazing for business purposes. Very simple to send/recieve emails.. and they're very compatable with the E60. My old Curve was phenomenal, and I plan on buying the Bold from Rogers wireless when it comes out on the 21st. It has Wifi to unlike some BB's. Quadband, the call quality is great! I would definately reccomend a Blackberry!

Right now I have an iPhone 3G which is also an amazing phone, very fun to use, some of the applications are awesome.. but not as good for business. It's pretty difficult to type fast on the touch screen keyboard if your going to do a lot of emails.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

+1 for the BB's.

we should start a thread for BB users that are on BBM...exchange PIN's...K you'll learn
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by too solid' post='650010' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:03 PM
K, all Blackberry's are amazing for business purposes. Very simple to send/recieve emails.. and they're very compatable with the E60. My old Curve was phenomenal, and I plan on buying the Bold from Rogers wireless when it comes out on the 21st. It has Wifi to unlike some BB's. Quadband, the call quality is great! I would definately reccomend a Blackberry!

Right now I have an iPhone 3G which is also an amazing phone, very fun to use, some of the applications are awesome.. but not as good for business. It's pretty difficult to type fast on the touch screen keyboard if your going to do a lot of emails.
Thanks Rocky , how was the voice quality , my wife has a Curve and it really doesn't sound great for the outside caller , she has a 6 vert so I'm assumming it would have the same BT as ours ??
Old 08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='650014' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:06 PM
+1 for the BB's.

we should start a thread for BB users that are on BBM...exchange PIN's...K you'll learn

Where would I be without friends like you two !!!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='650017' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Rocky , how was the voice quality , my wife has a Curve and it really doesn't sound great for the outside caller , she has a 6 vert so I'm assumming it would have the same BT as ours ??
I never had any complaints with my Curve. Especially when it was connected to my E60. My gf actually used to say how clear it sounded when connected! I'm sure that any complaints your wife has with her Curve will be eliminated with the new upgraded Bold. Wait on it for a week or so untill a few members (like myself) get the Bold, and we'll give you some feedback on it!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by too solid' post='650021' date='Aug 19 2008, 03:13 PM
I never had any complaints with my Curve. Especially when it was connected to my E60. My gf actually used to say how clear it sounded when connected! I'm sure that any complaints your wife has with her Curve will be eliminated with the new upgraded Bold. Wait on it for a week or so untill a few members (like myself) get the Bold, and we'll give you some feedback on it!

My brother in law is one of the Rogers GM's I think I'll put the lean on him for a deal , what's the price going to be , or has it been announced yet ?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='650032' date='Aug 19 2008, 11:23 AM
My brother in law is one of the Rogers GM's I think I'll put the lean on him for a deal , what's the price going to be , or has it been announced yet ?
I heard through the grape vine that it'll be around $350 with a 3 year contract. W/o a contract around $650, maybe more..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by too solid' post='650010' date='Aug 20 2008, 04:03 AM

Yeah! I love my 'Crackberry'! Right up until my boss in NYC starts sending me e-mails at 4am (I'm in Seoul) expecting immediate replies!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

No complaints here with my BB Curve in terms of sound/call quality and BT sync'ing with my e60...

Quick Reply: I need a new phone