Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I-Mate K-Jam

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the I-Mate K-Jam PDA phone (NOT the QTEK 9100, which has no support) and it works flawlessly with my 545. I had the Motorola V551 and it worked, but it would not tell the difference between numbers, meaning Work (W), Mobile (M), Home (H). Unless you can memorize all your numbers or type a code separately on your phone there was not any separation. All I used to see with V551 was Name and #.

Specs:
I-Mate K-Jam (Un-Locked)
Windows Mobile 5.0
2GB SD Mini Expansion Chip
Build (ROM) 14847.2.0.0

Bottom Line: Not a cheap Toy by any means, but my works pays for Toys like this and it is definitely a great gadget. I could not get the Cingular 8125 to work, and the T-Mob MDA does not Pair (both are similar PDA/Phones). Because this phone is unlocked, I was able to install the latest ROM version and the phone paired in 30 seconds after turning my key and hitting the Connection button.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire, BLK Anthracite. STEPTRONIC, NAV, Cold wthr Pack., Logic 7, Style 116, Bluetooth, Moto v710, CIP 18.x

Sounds cool!.
Where did you buy un-locked phone?
What service do you have?
I live in Chicago area.
I now have Verizon, do you think it would work with this phone?

Originally Posted by Chi-Town Racing' post='268521' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:23 AM
I just purchased the I-Mate K-Jam PDA phone (NOT the QTEK 9100, which has no support) and it works flawlessly with my 545. I had the Motorola V551 and it worked, but it would not tell the difference between numbers, meaning Work (W), Mobile (M), Home (H). Unless you can memorize all your numbers or type a code separately on your phone there was not any separation. All I used to see with V551 was Name and #.
Specs:
I-Mate K-Jam (Un-Locked)
Windows Mobile 5.0
2GB SD Mini Expansion Chip
Build (ROM) 14847.2.0.0
Bottom Line: Not a cheap Toy by any means, but my works pays for Toys like this and it is definitely a great gadget. I could not get the Cingular 8125 to work, and the T-Mob MDA does not Pair (both are similar PDA/Phones). Because this phone is unlocked, I was able to install the latest ROM version and the phone paired in 30 seconds after turning my key and hitting the Connection button.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pitpro' post='268567' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:31 AM
Sounds cool!.
Where did you buy un-locked phone?
What service do you have?
I live in Chicago area.
I now have Verizon, do you think it would work with this phone?

Phone was purchased thru an online vendor (in Skokie, IL) who imports these phones as well as many others (http://www.onthegosolutions.com). You could easily buy this for less on eBay, but with this type of purchase I wanted to test it and ensure I was getting what I wanted. Plus these guys give you full support and if your phone breaks, they give you a loaner phone while your phone is being repaired. They also give you a disk that contains fully detailed screen shots on ?How To? of the phone as well as an updated version of Active Sync & ROM Updates. For me it was all the little things that added up to buying from them as they treated me with respect and were extremely knowledgeable about this PDA (it is a complex toy).

As I was about purchasing this phone we went to my car and tested the phone to ensure it would work. The guy was thoroughly impressed with the e60 Bluetooth system! I would not have bought this without this feature as I really have enjoyed using this function while driving. Why did I buy an unlocked phone, which is way more expensive than buying from Cingular/T-Moile? Cingular 8125 &T-Mob MDA not compatible, Phone is unbranded & factory unlocked, GSM phones work internationally, Unlocked phones work with Cingular & T-Mobile, ROM Updates, etc, etc.

I use Cingular, but this phone is NOT compatible with Verizon as they are not a GSM network. This phone is compatible with Cingular, T-Mobile in Chicagoland