Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I have a tip if your bluetooth doesn't pair any more.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010 | 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Today the strangest thing happened. I got in the car and after starting it, I did not see the usual telephone bars that indicate that my phone is paired to the car. I shut off the car and I re-started it and nothing still happened.

I figured that maybe the software caught a glitch and that maybe everything would go back to normal after the car is off for the 20 minutes reset. I made a call, and naturally I could only talk into the phone since its blue-tooth was not paired.

After work, I anxiously started the car and to my disappointment the phone was still not paired. I figured that maybe iDrive lost the setting so I went to the communication settings menu and noticed that the phone was still in the menu and that the car was searching for the phone. Then it dawned on me; I shut off the phone, waited a couple of minutes and turned the phone back on. Sure enough, everything worked like a charm.

I hope this helps some of you. When in doubt, give a hoot and re-boot.
Old 01-21-2010 | 03:39 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1095242' date='Jan 21 2010, 07:38 PM
Today the strangest thing happened. I got in the car and after starting it, I did not see the usual telephone bars that indicate that my phone is paired to the car. I shut off the car and I re-started it and nothing still happened.

I figured that maybe the software caught a glitch and that maybe everything would go back to normal after the car is off for the 20 minutes reset. I made a call, and naturally I could only talk into the phone since its blue-tooth was not paired.

After work, I anxiously started the car and to my disappointment the phone was still not paired. I figured that maybe iDrive lost the setting so I went to the communication settings menu and noticed that the phone was still in the menu and that the car was searching for the phone. Then it dawned on me; I shut off the phone, waited a couple of minutes and turned the phone back on. Sure enough, everything worked like a charm.

I hope this helps some of you. When in doubt, give a hoot and re-boot.
Old 01-26-2010 | 06:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M-Sport Auto, Individual Spec (Ruby Black Paint, Champagne Nappa Leather, Piano Black Trim), Media Pack (Navigation Professional, Bluetooth, CD Changer, Voice Control), Sun Protection Glass, 19" Style 172 Rims, Hi-Fi Speakers, Heated Seats

+1

I can vouch for this - it really works!!
Many times, I've tried deleting and re-pairing my phone when the connection was lost, but to no avail. But as soon as the phone is switched off and back on, it's all good once again.