Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

I got my RAZR phone cradle, and the two other to BMW pieces fully installed now, (it took me an hour to do), and it looks great, and the cradle holds the RAZR V3c well also, but so far it will not charge my RAZR cell, does anyone have any suggestions?

I took my time and along with email help from another forum member, and did the install well, but it does not work,

Does anybody here know if there is a special BMW in line fuse that could be blown, or in line turn on-off switch or something on the iDrive to activate the power ran to it so the iDrive is able to recognize it and charge my RAZR?

Thanks in Advance.

R. Eddie Presley

================================================== ===================

BMW UPDATE:

I was told today by the Atlanta GA BMW dealer service manager, that my 2004 e60 530i was built 3-04, and anything prior to 9-2004 the phone cradle will not power and charge any RAZR cell or any other cell phone prior to that date.

You know its funny how my Bluetooth works perfect! At least I got the main function, I guess I will resort to the cigarette lighter for charging it in my BMW e60?

If you had any other suggestions on charging it, without un sightly wires showing, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie Presley

PS,
I have a brand NEW Motorola V3C Cradle I cannot use and before I put it on eBay, if anyone here would like it, email le at: Presley348@aol.com and I will make you a deal on it.
Attached Thumbnails I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work-re_presley__s_m5_pictures_5_6_06_006.jpg  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Thanks for the update. My car was ordered in mid-September, 2004, so I believe that it will have power to charge the phone.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The 9/2004 cradle restriction has been known here for some time now. It's mentioned in the following service bulletin (bottom of page 1) that was posted here a while back:

BT_TSB_3_2005.pdf

As you mentioned, a bit of a bummer but at least the BT part works...
Old 05-20-2006, 09:16 AM
MDT
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic trans, xenon adaptive headlights, sat. prep, no navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='285084' date='May 19 2006, 08:39 PM
The 9/2004 cradle restriction has been known here for some time now. It's mentioned in the following service bulletin (bottom of page 1) that was posted here a while back:

Attachment 19174

I took SIB841304 to my dealer to show him that my 3/04 production car could have bluetooth activated. In reading the bottom of page 1, I read it to say that cars prior to 3/04 would have to have the TCU replaced and it was this group of cars that could not use a docking cradle. I had my bluetooth acitvated with no problem, and I was considering a cradle. I guess I need to check into this again to make sure

It seems that their must be some way to get power to the cradle, even if it is just splicing into the power sockets on the back of the center consule. The outside antenna may not work, but at least it would hold the phone and charge it

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:18 AM
MDT
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic trans, xenon adaptive headlights, sat. prep, no navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='285084' date='May 19 2006, 08:39 PM

Attachment 19174

I took SIB841304 to my dealer to show him that my 3/04 production car could have bluetooth activated. In reading the bottom of page 1, I read it to say that cars prior to 3/04 would have to have the TCU replaced and it was this group of cars that could not use a docking cradle. I had my bluetooth acitvate with no problem, and I was considering a cradle. I guess I need to check into this again to make sure

It seems that there must be some way to get power to the cradle, even if it is just splicing into the power sockets which are on the back of the center consule. The outside antenna may not work, but at least it would hold the phone and charge it

Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 AM
MDT
Members

Sorry for the double post. I still screw things up on the computer at times :'(
Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by MDT' post='285316' date='May 20 2006, 01:16 PM
I took SIB841304 to my dealer to show him that my 3/04 production car could have bluetooth activated. In reading the bottom of page 1, I read it to say that cars prior to 3/04 would have to have the TCU replaced and it was this group of cars that could not use a docking cradle. I had my bluetooth acitvated with no problem, and I was considering a cradle. I guess I need to check into this again to make sure

It seems that their must be some way to get power to the cradle, even if it is just splicing into the power sockets on the back of the center consule. The outside antenna may not work, but at least it would hold the phone and charge it

I agree with you, and looks like with this "Light yrs ahead of it time", hi tech IDrive, etc, it seems to me one don't have to be an MIT Graduate, (LOL), and could simple splice into a positive source somewhere, but the BMW mechanic to me it would never work! (Go figure! LOL)

If you do find or hear of a way of finding someway to power our cradles in our e60 produced before 9-04, please let me know...

Thanks in Advance.

Eddie Presley
Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MDT' post='285316' date='May 20 2006, 01:16 PM

I agree with you, and looks like with this BMW e60 is "Light yrs ahead of its time", (LOL), hi tech IDrive, etc, it seems to me one don't have to be an MIT Graduate, (LOL), and could simple splice into a positive source somewhere, but the BMW mechanic to me it would never work! (Go figure! LOL)

If you do find or hear of a way of finding someway to power our cradles in our e60 produced before 9-04, please let me know...

Thanks in Advance.

Eddie Presley
Attached Thumbnails I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work-re_presley__s_m5_pictures_5_6_06_006.jpg  
Old 05-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Engine: 530i

Maybe you can just snake in a regular car changer into the arm rest maybe purchasing a lighter adapter and using one of the two jacks in the back from the inside of the arm rest wire it up and the plug in the car charger and snake the wire up through the back and there you have it a docking charger that is completly hidden i may post some pics as this is what i am doing to my 03 built 530 with intergrated bluetooth.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Engine: M54

I just installed the V3 cradle during lunch time in the parking lot - 30 minutes.

I spent most of the times to remove the rear console trim panel and air vents. The second time consuming task was to fish the cradle connector and antenna connector thru the armrest hole. Otherwise, installation was very straight forward.

I started with the task to remove the armrest rest trim panel and air vents. Once the trim panel was off, took some times to figure out the removal of the phone connector inside the arm rest. You have to look at the connector that comes with the cradle then you will know how to remove the one inside the arm rest.

When installing the cradle, please make sure that the cradle wires should go to the side of the cradle. Otherwise, you won't be able to install the cradle with 4 torx screws.

Antenna connector inside the trunk was the easy task but the antenna plug in one end of the connector was very hard to remove - kept on pulling.

I started the car and inserted V3 into the cradle. Phone was charged by the cradle immediately. I had not compared the signal (bars) outside and inside the cradle.

Hope this help.

Quick Reply: I got my RAZR phone cradle and so far it will not work