Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I am tired ot trying to get BT from Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

I bought and installed an ejectbox and BTUM on eBay and now my dealership says they have never heard of it. I told them just to program for the ejectbox and they immediately said it would not work because of my build date. Somebody please help!!!! If someone could tell me exactly what to tell these jackasses to get it working , it would be much appreciated. I saw a bulletin a while back from BMW about the BTUM. Could someone let me know where I can find it so I can give it to my dealer? Also, the service manager insists that no coding is necessary for the ejectbox and it is simply plug and play. I told him he was incorrect, any info on that would be great too.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' post='272408' date='Apr 21 2006, 03:11 PM
I bought and installed an ejectbox and BTUM on eBay and now my dealership says they have never heard of it. I told them just to program for the ejectbox and they immediately said it would not work because of my build date. Somebody please help!!!! If someone could tell me exactly what to tell these jackasses to get it working , it would be much appreciated. I saw a bulletin a while back from BMW about the BTUM. Could someone let me know where I can find it so I can give it to my dealer? Also, the service manager insists that no coding is necessary for the ejectbox and it is simply plug and play. I told him he was incorrect, any info on that would be great too.

Thanks,
Scott
I am not familiar with an ejectbox, but I am assuming you are talking about a bluetooth setup?

If that is correct, I did go through something similar with mine. The module to support bluetooth started with vehicles built after March of 04 - I believe. For vehicles after March of 04, it was simply an update of the software. For vehicles prior to March of 04, I believe you would need to purchase a new module.

I am sure somebody has further information - hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Basically, the BTUM will work in any car in which the cpt9000(BMW's Motorola phone) would work. When I asked if he (the service manager) could just code my car for the cpt9000, he said it wasn't possible. I do not believe this.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Go to the bluetooth section of the forums Ray hull has asked and answered most if not all of the questions pertaining to this setup and install. I however am going thru the same thing with my dealer, i installed the ejectbox and BTUM and took it in to activate my eject box, they had the car for a month count it 1 month and when i got the car back still no bluetooth. The box was not even activated go figure. Well back to the shop it went again today and of course they say it should work i took my Razar and my v710 in both paired but nothing in the idrive menue another SA was called in and they concluded that they need to activate the codeing for the eject box, something that i had explained to them from day one hopefully it will be ready tomorrow as i am tired of driving loaners. From what i understand all they need to do is update the software to may 20. something and toggle the cpt9000 cradle bit and whola, we will see good luck on your adventure.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Yup, but Ray Hull bought (and paid bust-out retail) and had his dealer install the cradle and the BTUM, and the 5-minute coding to activate the CPT 9000.

I don't want to say "caveat emptor" but dealers are renowned, if not justified for momentary mental lapses when you buy (and install) your parts elsewhere. What do they owe you? And further, do you expect them to warranty a home-made amateur connection--especially in such an electronics-nightmare car?

Cheers, and good luck,
Ray Hull
Old 04-22-2006, 04:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I understand that they owe me nothing persay but as it was presented to me from the onset of purchase these things however not working can be retrofitted bluetooth, mp3, navigation, and cd changer, i did not go in thinking that it would be free, but man why cant they just activate everything at one time so when i install factory approved BMW items they just work. I know this car is a techno nightmare but should we continueously suffer with quickly changeing harnesses, engines, options, and warrenties we early adopters of this marvelous machine were the test bed for BMW they should feel a little tacky about how we are treated. All in all i still love the car and would not drive any other manufacter on the planet Thanks again Ray for all your help on this issue
Old 04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Members

Guys, isn't this in the wrong forum?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Why didn't you just buy the car you wanted with the features you wanted in the first place? It's hardly BMWs fault that you aren't able to easily add features that never came with your car in the first place. It seems a little much to expect your dealer to be an expert on installing hack parts you bought off ebay, don't you think?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Members

No Rodney, you are a little ignorant on this subject so stop being an ass. Before I even bought the car I was told it had Bluetooth, and it was supposed to as evidenced by the BT passkey that was given to me with my car. I was told initially that BMW was trying to work out some problems between BT and BMW assist and the problem would be rectified. About a year after I originally bought my car, I was fed some BS that my car did not and was not intended to have BT. Even my SA was up in arms over this and told me BMW was treating the early E60 owners wrongly over this issue, the next time I called to get a service appointment he was gone. And another thing, these are not "hack parts", these are BMW made parts made specifically for the E60. Considering I paid nearly 60 large for my car, I do not think that programming my car to recognize the ejectbox is that big of a deal, I am even fine with paying for the minimum one hour of labor necessary to do the programming. It is just irritating that the dealership seems so terribly misinformed about their cars. So, hopefully you are now a little more informed about this issue. And Jose, this is the general E60 forum and since this seems to be a problem specifically with the E60, it did little good to post in the BT forum.

Regards,
Scott

And oh yeah, I DO EXPECT THEM TO BE EXPERTS ON INSTALLING AND PROGRAMMING THEIR OWN PARTS, AFTER ALL THAT IS WHY THEY ARE THE BMW DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!
Old 04-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Sounds to me like it's you that is a little ignorant --as to knowing what options your car had, before you bought it. And judging by your charming disposition, it's not hard to imagine why your dealer is not bending over backwards to help you out.

My BT works great, by the way

Quick Reply: I am tired ot trying to get BT from Dealer