Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

HTC Touch and 2005 545i

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an HTC Touch (Sprint) that I really like. It paired right up and sync'd the phonebook no prob. In fact, when someone calls in while I'm driving, the caller sounds great.

The prob is that the sound to the caller is horrible. They can make out what I'm saying, but always ask "what that sound is" and describe a background noise like a rushing wind or bad static. Many times they think I have the sunroof or windows open.

I had a PPC-6700 that sounded just fine to the caller, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the stereo bluetooth ability of the Touch. I'm not sure why else the sound would be so different to the callers.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Members

Lots of views, but no replies. Any guesses from the smart ones out there?
Old 02-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

i'm also facing the exact problem with my O2 Atom Life...It works great with my Motorola V3i & V3xx, but is unacceptable (in terms of sound quality while answering) with the PDA Phone...i went to the dealers, but they gave me a straight answer saying that the phone was not compatible with BMW's bluetooth device. :thumbsdown:
what a great & easy way to turn they're backs at us...
Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='529407' date='Feb 9 2008, 09:47 PM
i'm also facing the exact problem with my O2 Atom Life...It works great with my Motorola V3i & V3xx, but is unacceptable (in terms of sound quality while answering) with the PDA Phone...i went to the dealers, but they gave me a straight answer saying that the phone was not compatible with BMW's bluetooth device. :thumbsdown:
what a great & easy way to turn they're backs at us...
Exactly the help I get - nothing. I have found that if there is any problem with a phone that is not on the short "approved" list, they are not going to help. That's why I am hoping someone here can help out. I have found that the info here in the forum is better than any dealership many times! Go Forums!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Members

I managed to get my 06 520D to make calls from my HTC Touch (Orange version) and the quality was fine, in fact really good but the problem that I have is that the phone book does not transmit properly to the I-Drive.

Generally what happens is the phone shows on the available bluetooth list then starts to transfer as you can see the A,B,C etc filling up it then stops, and only one contact is showing V for Voicemail is left on the I-drive screen which then works fine. So the phone must be connected but what is happening to all the other contacts?

I am currently using the Jetmobile solution which apparently should allow the phonebook to be transfered ok, are you also using this program or have you found another way to get the HTC Touch's phonebook to transfer?

Hopefully if I can get the phonebook to transfer over we may be able to compare notes as to why my phone then sounds ok.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
KBO
Members

I have a smiliar problem with that humming sound. I use a Nokia E61i and I noticed that when I park my 545 in the drive at home the humming always returns. Although not 100% certain my best guess is that this is due to the WI-FI network interfering with the BT. Just a thought for you to ponder.