Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

HTC Diamond

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this forum (in fact, I am new to forums at large) and i want to start by saying thanks for being there. I am struck by the number of enthusiasts; and i am disappointed that, now on my fourth BMW (540, X5, X5, 535 xi (t)), i never knew it even existed. In truth, I had no idea of the monikers that link to it (E60...who knew?). The dealer, basically inviting me to solve my own problem, told me that the E60 forum was the place to go.

So, as a newbie, let me first exclaim: I LOVE MY NEW 2009 535 X i touring! In a word, given that i'm probably using too many already, i would say it's "tight" (at least compared to my X5's, if you know what i mean).

Problem: i have an HTC touch diamond phone. It pairs nicely with the car's bluetooth. In fact, unfortuantely, it pairs incessantly--dropping its connection mid-call and even when just driving along. And, it's driving me crazy. Bell Mobility says they "don't support". BMW, aside from referring me here, referred me to the list of viable phones, but that list cites Bell Mobility phones that Bell no longer carries.

I need a windows mobile phone so that i can sync with my office exchange server. I have reduced my number of contacts down to 300.

I have spare phone number, so i could buy a Razr (my old Razr paired nicely with my old X5--but i don't have that phone any more). Should i risk buying a new Motorola Razr without knowing it will hold the pairing? Is there some adjustment i can make either to the HTC device or to the car's system? Should i stop using the hands free (please say no)?

Any thoughts from you obviously-smarter-than-I aficionados would be stress-relieving and appreciated.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Members

First, let me say welcome. It is always good to see new members here.

Secondly, this is an unfortunate issue with some WinMo phones. There is a software patch that you can download/buy and might want to try to see if it solves your issue (jetwaremobile). I am in no way affiliated with that website, but used it on a couple of Windows Mobile devices I used to own.

Other possible solutions would be to unpair and repair the device (something you probably already have done). Also, you might want to see if there is another ROM out there to install on your mobile. A popular place to look for these (and alot of these are created by WinMo users/developers out there) is here at XDA developers website.

Hope this helps. Let us know if it solves any of your issues. There are a couple guys here using Touch Diamonds in Europe, and maybe they can chime in.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 525i

Originally Posted by otismodelle' post='752240' date='Dec 24 2008, 09:45 PM
Problem: i have an HTC touch diamond phone. It pairs nicely with the car's bluetooth. In fact, unfortuantely, it pairs incessantly--dropping its connection mid-call and even when just driving along. And, it's driving me crazy. Bell Mobility says they "don't support". BMW, aside from referring me here, referred me to the list of viable phones, but that list cites Bell Mobility phones that Bell no longer carries.

I need a windows mobile phone so that i can sync with my office exchange server. I have reduced my number of contacts down to 300.

Hi.

I would check if you have latest software and radio software version on your Diamond (Control Panel, Device Information).

I had HTC Touch, tried Samsung Omnia and now I have Diamond too. Works pefectly (as all those devices did!) but I upgraded software and radio ROM few times. This is becouse out of the box Diamond worked too slow for my taste. I found new ROMs on www.xda-developers.net.

I can recommend this ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408109)
and this radio ROM - here is also Bluetooth software (http://www.duttythroy.net/index.php/....00.25.05.html).

When making upgrade for the first time it can be tricky so take it easy and follow online guides.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool! I have an HTC Touch and was surfing this forum to see if anyone had problems pairing it. Don't have my car yet to test out, but it should be delivered this week.