Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How to transfer a call from the car to the handset

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005 | 04:35 AM
Senior Members

I've been using my moto v3 razr with my car through bluetooth and it is really great. However sometimes I've arrived at my destination and I turn off the car but I'm not yet done with the call.

So I tried everything I can think of, but the car keeps the link to the call, and won't let me transfer the call to the handset-

After turning off the car, the voice continues over the audio system, so I've tried-

- opening my phone and using it to talk into, but the call stays with the car's audio.
- walking far away and hoping that the bluetooth signal fades and lets the handset take over, that hasn't worked as the call just ends.

Any ideas?
Old 02-26-2005 | 04:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Feb 26 2005, 08:35 AM
I've been using my moto v3 razr with my car through bluetooth and it is really great. However sometimes I've arrived at my destination and I turn off the car but I'm not yet done with the call.

So I tried everything I can think of, but the car keeps the link to the call, and won't let me transfer the call to the handset-

After turning off the car, the voice continues over the audio system, so I've tried-

- opening my phone and using it to talk into, but the call stays with the car's audio.
- walking far away and hoping that the bluetooth signal fades and lets the handset take over, that hasn't worked as the call just ends.

Any ideas?
[snapback]94618[/snapback]
I haven't got my car yet, but I was thinking about this, I have a v3 too. I was also wondering how one might transfer a call to a headset for some privacy if there were other passengers in the car - have you looked in the menu on the phone (the middle button) during the call? I was hoping there might have been an option to 'transfer call' or some such.
Old 02-26-2005 | 05:15 AM
Senior Members

AFAIK you can either deselect BT in idrive while talking or can switch by phone itself, see what it says on the screen and then follow the prompts, thats what I do
Old 02-26-2005 | 05:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alex123' date='Feb 26 2005, 08:15 AM
AFAIK you can either deselect BT in idrive while talking or can switch by phone itself, see what it says on the screen and then follow the prompts, thats what I do
[snapback]94626[/snapback]
On a v710 (might work) there is a "call" menu that pops up when you press the menu button while a call is in progress. The 2nd option is "use handset" and that transfers a call off the car. But also if you walk away it works (on the v710) but both sides have silence for a pretty good distance so you have to warn the other caller not to hang up.
Old 02-28-2005 | 02:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 300TTto545' date='Feb 26 2005, 09:35 AM
[quote name='alex123' date='Feb 26 2005, 08:15 AM']AFAIK you can either deselect BT in idrive while talking or can switch by phone itself, see what it says on the screen and then follow the prompts, thats what I do
[snapback]94626[/snapback]
On a v710 (might work) there is a "call" menu that pops up when you press the menu button while a call is in progress. The 2nd option is "use handset" and that transfers a call off the car. But also if you walk away it works (on the v710) but both sides have silence for a pretty good distance so you have to warn the other caller not to hang up.
[snapback]94630[/snapback]
[/quote]
I haven't tried to access any menu items from the handset, but I'll try that next time.

Hasn't anyone else needed to do this with Bluetooth?????? (and found the way to do it???)