Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How to stream audio (music, podcasts) from phone to 2006 BMW 525i through bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 11:31 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525i
Default How to stream audio (music, podcasts) from phone to 2006 BMW 525i through bluetooth?

Hello all,

I am trying to help my boyfriend set up bluetooth audio streaming from his phone to his 2006 BMW 525i. The BMW has the ability to receive and make phone calls by pairing the phone through bluetooth. However, it does not seem to be able to stream other audio, such as music and podcasts, through bluetooth pairing.

Is there anyway to set up bluetooth audio streaming from his phone to the BMW's sound system without retrofitting an aux input? The car doesn't have an aux input either. What would be the best way to do this?

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Welcome to the forum! There are actually several options, depending on the amount of effort you want to put into it. Read through these posts.

https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth...5/#post1585160

I myself actually got the Sure Electronics board for Christmas and am going to attempt the install today.