Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How do I pair a Nokia 6230 in a 2005 X5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,

First off let me say nice forum you have here, this is my 1st post I have just picked last week a 2005 X5 3.0i which I am loving to pieces, titanium silver, premium package, xenon headlamps, privacy glass, rear climate package, rear climate controles and dimming retractable side mirrors, couple of other minor things but thats about the jist of it..

Now on to the post, so here goes!

I went into my local Cingular store this afternoon and asked if they had a 6230 I can bring out to my car to make sure it pairs and send the phone book since I have read they may be some issues transfering the book.

I took it outside turned on the car and followed along in the BT page and then did a search for new devices only to find the phone return a no devices found message!

Now here is the strange thing, when I purchased my SE T637 from them a few days ago, I just took the phone into the car, did same thing a search for it and presto, phone found the car and asked for the passkey, transfered phonebook, shows signlal strenth and does caller ID, reception is decent aswell.

Me and the Cingular guy were stumped so I called BMW support and got a woman who had no clue about BT, she went on to say that in order to pair a phone with a BMW you need to take the car to the dealer " where they use a special tool to pair the phone to the car"..

Uhhh huuuu ...... I explained how my SE phone did not do that since the car basically uses a handfree profile where she went on to say if the phone found the car thats llucky, but typically the car needs to find the phone..

Now according to - http://x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm they say the phone will pair but "may" have some trouble transfering the phone book. Its my understanding anything pother than a 2005 has an older firmware in the car where anything new in this years models should work.

So now I am stumped, I currently have the T637 which works well but I wish it had 6230 features, and with Cingular about to drop the phone I think it may be a wise decision to move over to the 6230 now then later.

So, any one have any ideas? I am truelly lost here with this one, I thought for sure it would be smooth like the SE phone was, hell even a v710 from verizon found the car in the search and that phone is royally screwed up in terms of BT capabilities.

Any one have anything they could give me info wise to give this phone a try?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, SFLA99 !
Old 01-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Members

Thanks!

Also sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum, it just seens this is where people congregate the most so I figured this will get the fastest reply, if its wrong place maybe a mod can move it to its proper home.

Cheers!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Welcome SFLA99.

These good folks here at the E60 forum have been supper great to all of us that don't truly qualify (E63 in my case). Reason seems to be that if we are respectful and courteous you get that back and more. I know someone will have an answer for you soon, just sorry it cannot be me as I am still WAITING
Old 01-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, sfla99 !