Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How to add new numbers with BTUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i 6speed white/black comfort seats,l7,nav,sat,m-tech

After pairing the BTUM all of my number currently in my address book appear. However, any entry I have added after the initial pairing does not appear on my i-drive. How can I get all future entries to go thru the i-drive?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by chuckg' post='254213' date='Mar 13 2006, 12:06 PM
After pairing the BTUM all of my number currently in my address book appear. However, any entry I have added after the initial pairing does not appear on my i-drive. How can I get all future entries to go thru the i-drive?
Any new numbers that you have added to your Cell phone will show up the next time you start your car
and your phone connect with car's bluetooth. Keep in mind your cars bluetooth reads your Cell phone address book each time you start your car and of course your cell phone has to be on.

If you add a number while in the car it will not show up until you turnoff the car and restart.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gabman' post='254366' date='Mar 13 2006, 03:32 PM
Any new numbers that you have added to your Cell phone will show up the next time you start your car
and your phone connect with car's bluetooth. Keep in mind your cars bluetooth reads your Cell phone address book each time you start your car and of course your cell phone has to be on.

If you add a number while in the car it will not show up until you turnoff the car and restart.

That does not happen in my car.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Members

press the button (blue lighted) on the BTUM for about 1 second. It will initiate the sync process. Takes another minute for the address to appear in your iDrive address book.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by chuckg' post='254410' date='Mar 13 2006, 06:07 PM
That does not happen in my car.
I am very surprised that the new numbers are not showing up. Are you sure that you properly entered the new numbers into your Cell phone contacts? Perhaps you did not save them. From my understanding of bluetooth, nothing get's stored in I-drive. Every time you start your car, I drive mates with your Cell phone and displays everything that is in your Cell phone contact list.

Only thing that i can think of is that the new numbers are not stored correctly in your phone. What make of Cell phoen do you have?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Members

I have had the same problem with my BTUM when I add new phone numbers to my cell phone's phone book. The newly added numbers do no show up in my car's phone book. I have tried synchronizing it by hitting the blue button for a second but this does not work. Also when I delete a phone number from my cell phone that number still shows up in the car's phone book.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gabman' post='254803' date='Mar 14 2006, 01:18 PM
I am very surprised that the new numbers are not showing up. Are you sure that you properly entered the new numbers into your Cell phone contacts? Perhaps you did not save them. From my understanding of bluetooth, nothing get's stored in I-drive. Every time you start your car, I drive mates with your Cell phone and displays everything that is in your Cell phone contact list.

Only thing that i can think of is that the new numbers are not stored correctly in your phone. What make of Cell phoen do you have?

I have a razr phone. I know my phone does not transfer new info. In the missed calls list it only has calls that were missed in the car, same with received and dialed. That means that the BTUM and phone are not sharing new info each time they hook up. I am sure that I properly entered the numbers and saved them. I have tried to manually connect the two and still no luck.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chuckg' post='254852' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:53 PM
I have a razr phone. I know my phone does not transfer new info. In the missed calls list it only has calls that were missed in the car, same with received and dialed. That means that the BTUM and phone are not sharing new info each time they hook up. I am sure that I properly entered the numbers and saved them. I have tried to manually connect the two and still no luck.
There are plenty of people here that have the Razr and no one is complaining of this.

I-Drive will only show the missed, received and dialed calls that have happened while you were in the car with your Cell phone, so it is working properly. I suggest that you check your contact list of your Cell phone and make sure that the names & numbers that do not show up in I-Drive are actually in your contact list of your Cell phone. I am betting that they have not been properly stored in your Cell phone. Just my opinion.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gabman' post='254871' date='Mar 14 2006, 03:29 PM
There are plenty of people here that have the Razr and no one is complaining of this.

I-Drive will only show the missed, received and dialed calls that have happened while you were in the car with your Cell phone, so it is working properly. I suggest that you check your contact list of your Cell phone and make sure that the names & numbers that do not show up in I-Drive are actually in your contact list of your Cell phone. I am betting that they have not been properly stored in your Cell phone. Just my opinion.

okay, I have already said that the numbers are in my phone right. I have been putting the numbers in my phone the same way since i got it. As for everyone else that has a razr phone and the BTUM, I doubt that you have contact with all of them or know that no one else has this problem. I read your comments the first time and responded to them, so writting them again provided no additional insite.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chuckg' post='254941' date='Mar 14 2006, 07:57 PM
okay, I have already said that the numbers are in my phone right. I have been putting the numbers in my phone the same way since i got it. As for everyone else that has a razr phone and the BTUM, I doubt that you have contact with all of them or know that no one else has this problem. I read your comments the first time and responded to them, so writting them again provided no additional insite.

"I know my phone does not transfer new info. In the missed calls list it only has calls that were missed in the car, same with received and dialed. That means that the BTUM and phone are not sharing new info each time they hook up."

Sorry to have wasted your time, after reading the above quote in your post, I thought it would be appropriate to correct your misnomer concerning what information appears in your E60 bluetooth I-Drive screen. Obviously you do not consider this information as an "additional insite". Good Luck with your problem.

Quick Reply: How to add new numbers with BTUM