Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Help With Bluetooth Phone

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.
Thumbs up

I have been using my bluetooth system now for a few months and love it, but for some reason unbeknownest to me, the system does not call the number I select. When I select a number from my phone book and hit dial, the system chooses the number I spoke with last. I may be a little technically challenged or my new razr phone is possessed I'm just not sure. Has anybody else had this problem, I'm not sure who to contact, BMW, Cingular or an Exorcist. I'm getting tired of apologizing to people everytime I make a call. The other day I got so frustrated that I tried making a call directly from the phone skipping the cars phone book, it worked. Can you guys HELP me out here??
Old 04-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Apr 17 2005, 01:55 PM
I have been using my bluetooth system now for a few months? and love it, but for some reason unbeknownest to me, the system does not call the number I select. When I select a number from my phone book and hit dial, the system chooses the number I spoke with last. I may be a little technically challenged or my new razr phone is possessed I'm just not sure. Has anybody else had this problem, I'm not sure who to contact, BMW, Cingular or an Exorcist. I'm getting tired of apologizing to people everytime I make a call. The other day I got so frustrated that I tried making a call directly from the phone skipping the cars phone book, it worked. Can you guys? HELP me out here??
[snapback]116408[/snapback]
What is the make & model of the phone?

First try deleting the device, renaming it and reinstalling (pairing) it again.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Apr 17 2005, 12:55 PM
I have been using my bluetooth system now for a few months? and love it, but for some reason unbeknownest to me, the system does not call the number I select. When I select a number from my phone book and hit dial, the system chooses the number I spoke with last. I may be a little technically challenged or my new razr phone is possessed I'm just not sure. Has anybody else had this problem, I'm not sure who to contact, BMW, Cingular or an Exorcist. I'm getting tired of apologizing to people everytime I make a call. The other day I got so frustrated that I tried making a call directly from the phone skipping the cars phone book, it worked. Can you guys? HELP me out here??
[snapback]116408[/snapback]
My system operates the same. According to the manual, the "Portable Phone" icon is used to: (Pressed briefly) Accept call or terminate call as well as dial if an entry has been made from "A-Z", "Top 8 ", "Redial", "Received Calls" or "Missed Caslls" and if button is pressed longer - Redial.

I believe the method you (and me) are using to select number does not qualify as one of the above. If you select either using voice or scrolling to a name from your regular phone list and pressed the steering wheel button it is not meeting the above requirements. On the other hand I could be wrong.

I (as my signature indicates) use Cingular Service w/v551. Now that I have read the manual I will try out this theory later today.