Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Help! Bluetooth install is in trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My May04 build 530 has been in the dealer all day and they have dismantled the trunk to locate the fiber optic cable as directed in that service bulletin in order to set up Bluetooth. But when I spoke to them mid-day, they said that they could find no cable to connect. So they decided to go ahead and update the idrive software to v13.3 or later in the mean time.

I urged them to contact Motorwerks in Barrington, Illinois as pharding has trained them on this install. But they haven't been able to get through to the guys there. I also encouraged them to speak with BMWNA to get the specifics, but so far I've not heard of any success with that.

Does anyone who's been through this know why they might not have found that fiber optic cable??? does anyone have a photo of it or know exactly where it lives?

Pharding, Hormazd, evperry?

Anyone else??????

HELP!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Dec 16 2004, 04:13 AM
My May04 build 530 has been in the dealer all day and they have dismantled the trunk to locate the fiber optic cable as directed in that service bulletin in order to set up Bluetooth.? But when I spoke to them mid-day, they said that they could find no cable to connect. So they decided to go ahead and update the idrive software to v13.3 or later in the mean time.

I urged them to contact Motorwerks in Barrington, Illinois as pharding has trained them on this install. But they haven't been able to get through to the guys there. I also encouraged them to speak with BMWNA to get the specifics, but so far I've not heard of any success with that.

Does anyone who's been through this know why they might not have found that fiber optic cable??? does anyone have a photo of it or know exactly where it lives?

Anyone else??????

HELP!
[snapback]69601[/snapback]
Actually the TS bulletins do not mention anything about the cable. This was something that we read in the first Pharding thread. Let them code the car and try it. I also read someone say that they did not have to connect a cable. Do you have a phone that they can test with? My mechanic had a V600 so he was able to verify that it worked.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Dec 16 2004, 04:13 AM
My May04 build 530 has been in the dealer all day and they have dismantled the trunk to locate the fiber optic cable as directed in that service bulletin in order to set up Bluetooth.? But when I spoke to them mid-day, they said that they could find no cable to connect. So they decided to go ahead and update the idrive software to v13.3 or later in the mean time.

Anyone else??????

HELP!
[snapback]69601[/snapback]
There is no cable from what I understand, I think this is old info, when the remedy was to install a BT module in place of Assist or something. A recent software update is all youneed on a post 3/04 production car - that's my understanding...
Old 12-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Senior Members

OK, thanks for that input on the cable issue. The dealer said that they are updating the software, but now the idrive display went dead. They are trying some workarounds to bring it back, but don't know what it will take.....

Seems like its not so straitforward....

Yes, I gave them my phone and it is the new moto razr v3
Old 12-16-2004, 07:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

Any updates? I have a 8/04 build and would love to find out if the dealer needs to do anything other than the s/w update.

I also just bought a Razr V3.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 steptronic, silver gray, black, logic-7,PDC, folding rear seats, power rear shade, cold pack, 50% huper optic, comfort seats, sirius radio.

Originally Posted by kt8509' date='Dec 16 2004, 11:12 PM
Any updates?? I have a 8/04 build and would love to find out if the dealer needs to do anything other than the s/w update.

[snapback]69849[/snapback]
Old 12-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 steptronic, silver gray, black, logic-7,PDC, folding rear seats, power rear shade, cold pack, 50% huper optic, comfort seats, sirius radio.

I'm scheduled to have the bluetooth install next week (production date 7/04). I also had the sirius radio installed today and was updated to version 13.3. If there is no hardware or retro fit for bluetooth, it sounds like I should have done both installs together to save on labor.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

mhgoforit,

it sounds like mostly just the update is done for 13.3 or later, and then the programming within that software to enable BT. What are your car specs? You must not have NAV if you got Sirius installed???
Old 12-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by kt8509' date='Dec 16 2004, 10:12 PM
[snapback]69849[/snapback]
RAZR V3 is an aweswome phone. Works well with my e60 Bluetooth.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Software upgrades are generally time consuming. Sometimes, unfortunately, the software does not "take" and they have to cycle through again. The I-drive screen has been upgraded many times.

Quick Reply: Help! Bluetooth install is in trouble!