Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

GSM Snap-In Adapter reset ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010 | 05:39 PM
Members

I just bought my car.
There is factory installed rear seat bluetooth handset with GSM Snap-In adapter in the center pedestal. I wanted to delete all the previous owners numbers and setting so I reseted the handset to factory settings. After this I am unable to pair the handset to Snap-In Adapter. I have tried and tried without any luck. When I pair the GSM Snap-In Adapter to i-Drive, it easily finds it and asks for pin number. Only accepted pin number is the previous owners pin ??? How can I reset the Snap-In Adapter ?
There is no difference whether I use my own SIM card or no SIM card at all. It still only accepts the old pin number.

I put a photo of the rear seat telephone which is causing this problem !!!
Attached Thumbnails GSM Snap-In Adapter reset ?-mobile.jpg   GSM Snap-In Adapter reset ?-mobile2.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010 | 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i, 6 Speed Manual, Premium/Sport Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Light Control

Originally Posted by SilverFIN
I just bought my car.
There is factory installed rear seat bluetooth handset with GSM Snap-In adapter in the center pedestal. I wanted to delete all the previous owners numbers and setting so I reseted the handset to factory settings. After this I am unable to pair the handset to Snap-In Adapter. I have tried and tried without any luck. When I pair the GSM Snap-In Adapter to i-Drive, it easily finds it and asks for pin number. Only accepted pin number is the previous owners pin ??? How can I reset the Snap-In Adapter ?
There is no difference whether I use my own SIM card or no SIM card at all. It still only accepts the old pin number.

I put a photo of the rear seat telephone which is causing this problem !!!
The bluetooth pin number is unimportant, it just a number both devices need to communicate in order to pair (connect). Use any number that works, you don't need to change the pin. My guess is you are worried about someone accessing the information on your SIM card. if that is the case, you can assign a pin on the card if that handset allows that functionality or talk with your phone company about securing the SIM with some sort of passcode. Hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2010 | 12:48 PM
Senior Members

wow!

I've never seen that solution before!
Old 07-14-2010 | 02:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by waynerm002
The bluetooth pin number is unimportant, it just a number both devices need to communicate in order to pair (connect). Use any number that works, you don't need to change the pin. My guess is you are worried about someone accessing the information on your SIM card. if that is the case, you can assign a pin on the card if that handset allows that functionality or talk with your phone company about securing the SIM with some sort of passcode. Hope that helps.
Thanks, but his is not the problem.
Sure I can use whatever PIN number I want, but the GSM snap in adapter ONLY accepts one PIN number when I am pairing the device with the i-drive. It is like a password which needs to be reseted. Only problem is how can I reset it ???
Old 07-14-2010 | 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

WTF is all that shit???
Old 07-15-2010 | 10:02 AM
Members

Finally I got it working !
I had to disconnect car battery and then the device reseted itself.

Now it is working the way I want