Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

E60 produced 12/2003

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine white 2004 545, cold weather package, premium sound, sport package.

Anybody successfully using BT on this build date? I searched for this build date but can't find any. Mostly Jan. 2004 and on. Is my build date considered Jan '04? Build date is what my dealer told me. I also had my TCU replaced but I'm not sure if it's the latest one or not. My dealer said they replaced it on 8/5/05 with the same unit as the previous one. Hopefully it's the latest one, that would save me some $$. Any info on usin the carphone feature for this prod. date would be helpful to.

I copied this TCU listfrom cobradav posting.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dave,
Please do a search first. It's somewhere in this forum.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine white 2004 545, cold weather package, premium sound, sport package.

Originally Posted by my530i' post='205571' date='Dec 1 2005, 01:40 AM
Hi Dave,
I said I already did a search, and nothing came up for my prod. date which is 12/2003. The closest one was 1/2004. BTW I forgot to mention my car is a 545, I saw a couple but it didn't apply to me. Others were 530's and so forth. Once again if anyone has info for my model then holla. The phone I am going to use is the RAZR. So if you really think you have a bonifide info pertaining to my SOS and that info is on this network just message me or leave me a link to where it really is Cuz it don't help me a whole lot when there are reply's based on assumptions. Remember assumptions are the mother of all M-tek kit, with H&rRs, and a blue tooF foh' my "OG" E60.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by davepham671' post='205622
Hi Dave,
I said I already did a search, and nothing came up for my prod. date which is 12/2003. The closest one was 1/2004. BTW I forgot to mention my car is a 545, I saw a couple but it didn't apply to me. Others were 530's and so forth. Once again if anyone has info for my model then holla. The phone I am going to use is the RAZR. So if you really think you have a bonifide info pertaining to my SOS and that info is on this network just message me or leave me a link to where it really is Cuz it don't help me a whole lot when there are reply's based on assumptions. Remember assumptions are the mother of all M-tek kit, with H&rRs, and a blue tooF foh' my "OG" E60.
[/quote]

This SIB tells you all the info you need. You will need to upgrade your TCU and possibly update your software before you can activate BT.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

And you won't be able to get any cradle...
Old 12-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='205827
Originally Posted by my530i' post='205571' date='Dec 1 2005, 01:40 AM
Hi Dave,

This SIB tells you all the info you need. You will need to upgrade your TCU and possibly update your software before you can activate BT.
[/quote]

Nope no info there. I alrady read this SIB. My production date is 12/2003 . SIB info for 3/04-8/04, and 9/04. I doubt I can have these upgrades done on my car. Thans for the info though. I'm not to familiar on tech stuff for carphone yet but is having a cradle neccesary? Or is it just for convenience?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by davepham671' post='205987' date='Dec 2 2005, 12:51 AM
Nope no info there. I alrady read this SIB. My production date is 12/2003 . SIB info for 3/04-8/04, and 9/04. I doubt I can have these upgrades done on my car. Thans for the info though. I'm not to familiar on tech stuff for carphone yet but is having a cradle neccesary? Or is it just for convenience?
Dave,

Read the last half of point number 4.

" Vehicles prior to 3/04 would need to have the TCU replaced with the 2005 MY TCU at the customer's expense and the vehicle updated to CIP 13.2 or higher. Phone docking cradles may not be added to these vehicles because of wiring incompatibility. Note: This software update and retrofit is not covered under warranty and is at the customer's expense."

Tells you what you need right there.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by davepham671' post='205415' date='Nov 30 2005, 06:56 PM
Anybody successfully using BT on this build date? I searched for this build date but can't find any. Mostly Jan. 2004 and on. Is my build date considered Jan '04? Build date is what my dealer told me. I also had my TCU replaced but I'm not sure if it's the latest one or not. My dealer said they replaced it on 8/5/05 with the same unit as the previous one. Hopefully it's the latest one, that would save me some $$. Any info on usin the carphone feature for this prod. date would be helpful to.

I copied this TCU listfrom cobradav posting.

Also go here for parts info:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...608&hg=84&fg=10

But u fall into the pre 03/2004 status. U can get a TCU that will get you to bluetooth, but you would not be able to use cradle (only a convienience item) due to wiring harness differences that cannot be retrofitted.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Senior Members

Hmm.. My car is produced in april/may 2003 AFAIK. And.. I've got a working cradle.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='206075
Dave,

Read the last half of point number 4.

" Vehicles prior to 3/04 would need to have the TCU replaced with the 2005 MY TCU at the customer's expense and the vehicle updated to CIP 13.2 or higher. Phone docking cradles may not be added to these vehicles because of wiring incompatibility. Note: This software update and retrofit is not covered under warranty and is at the customer's expense."

Tells you what you need right there.
[/quote]

I stand corrected! I read that section a million times. I can't believe I didn't pick that up. I guess i couldnt comprehend that section, due to reading/searching other forums for hours and goin nuts. Ok I think all this runaround and confusion that I'm getting is beginning to point towards my service advisor. I recently had my TCU replaced and everything reprogrammed but not sure what version it is, advisor says its the same as the old one that fried. So I'm hopin its the one I need to start usin BT, if so then all I need to do is check if I have CIP 13.2. My SA says that TCU fo BT for my model isn't available yet, and I'm shit outta luck. After all my research, it seems like either, the SA dept. is slow on getting updated info or they just don't know what's going on.
Assuming that I do have the required TCU/CIP how do I know if BT is available? When I click on Communications then scroll to phone, I'm not able to select phone, it says I gotta contact my dealer. I can only select BMW Assist.
I just recieved a BMW 5 series catalog, and they have a docking cradle. According to the service bulletin cradles are incompatible. After reading my catalog, I read the requirements for the docking cradle to work as follows: "This system is only compatible with vehicles equipped with BMW Assist with Bluetooth wireless technology. Equipment supplied does not come with a moblie phone....LOL" So after getting a new TCU and it programmed to CIP 13.2, does that mean I could use the cradle?.......hmmmmm

Originally Posted by paasan' post='209071' date='Dec 9 2005, 06:54 AM
Hmm.. My car is produced in april/may 2003 AFAIK. And.. I've got a working cradle.
AFAIK? .....at last a pre 3/04 build owner! So you did u have to retrofit your BT/TCU etc? How about your cradle, was it installed after you bought your car? Please tell my you have a U.S. model!

Quick Reply: E60 produced 12/2003