Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

E60 Bluetooth problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone experienced problems with the BMW factory fit Bluetooth.
People I'm calling complain that my voice sounds muffled and fades in an out. if I use the handset, their reception improves considerably.
So far I've replaced the phone and the dealer tellls me they have replaced the whole Bluetooth set up! No change in the unit's performance.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

This has been discussed quite extensively. I can't really answer this because you have not stated where you are from. But one thing to check is the antenna connection in the trunk.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Members

I have been having the same problem. The car went into the dealer last Friday to look at the bluetooth and some other problems.

The service department started by saying that the SE T610 wasn't a compatible phone, then after I pointed them to the BMW UK website, and to the sales man who sold me the car, who looked it up on an internal BMW website, they said OK it was compatible.

Then they said they needed to keep my phone to work on the car, which for me was a problem as I needed it for work, we compromised that I would wait at the dealers for a while so they could try it out.

Long and the short of it is that they tried my phone and agreed that it sounded terrible. They tried 2 Nokias and announced that they sounded fine. After tweaking all that could be tweaked they decided it was my handset and would need to get the car and my phone back and then hook up with BMW UK to try and sort it out.

We have tried my wifes T610 which is marginally better but not great, so I can't see how its a handset problem. I'm waiting to book the car in for the next attempt.

The one thing we have noticed is that the microphone is very directional sensitive, if you turn your head away from straight ahead (to look out the side window) while talking the caller cannot hear you.

I noticed that the 7 series has the microphone above the driver, not to the side. Why the 5 isn't like this I don't know.

I hope BMW can improve this as the bluetooth is great as a concept, and well integrated with the car but the sound makes it worthless.

Cheers,

Malc.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Members

Same problem - Very muffled.
I've used a SE T68 and T610. Both very muffled.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

I have the same problem, under 60km/hr it's okay, above that people ask me if Im sitting in the trunk!

The dealer said it could be caused by the newest version of my nokia 6310i, so I tried an old one, the same problem. Next week I will try a SE T610 (borrowed one).

They investigated the microphone in my car, because this could be fitted the other way around, it was fitted well, status now is they will come back with an anwer. My car goes in next week's friday.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

I was not even aware that BlueTooth was available. How do you get this in a car that did not come from the factory with it? I have an 04 530i with a 03/04 build date.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Members

I believe BT has always been available outside the US.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Members

BTW, mine is booked into the garage next week to see if they can sort the problem. I'd be surprised if they can!

They did say that different phones often need 'matching' to the BT system to get the best performance.