Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Does the Razr V3 work well with e60 bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ya the V3 works great! any motorola phone works really well. as the BT interface in the E60 is made by Motorola.

I have 2 EARLY EARLY generation V3s paired to it and a V600 all worked flawlessly.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i,silver grey metalic, sport/premium package,nav,pdc,chrome style 121,logic7 sound

Mine works great. Syncs automatically every time.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

It works like a charm
Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i, Premium & Sports Pkgs., Logic 7, Bluetooth, aux soon!

Originally Posted by mclc26' post='198791' date='Nov 15 2005, 09:36 PM
I am looking to switch my wife's LG PM325, which we originally purchased because it has bluetooth, yet does not work well with the e60. I am looking to get her the Razr V3 from t-mobile. Can anyone confirm that this phone works well with the car?

Also, will there be an issue if we have 2 bluetooth phones in the car simultaneously? I have a treo 650 and wifey will have the Razr v3. Obviously we won't be able to make phone calls at the same time, but I want to make sure the car can alternate between the two if we both make or receive calls in the car at different times.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

You must be with Sprint if you have the LG PM325. Check out their new Razor-like Samsung A900. I just got one last night because unlike the LG which BTW works great, I wanted to be able to upload my phonebook to the car as this phn has OBEX and FTP activated, so it should work. Well, the instructions for this new phone are whoofully lacking about just how to do this and, there is no online PDF manual or any added info yet.

With the LG, I could voice in phn #'s and give them a name to be able to voice dial, a labour intensive work around. BTW, I have both phones listed in the iDrives Comm. section. I can change the position of the phones, to 1st or 2nd in the iDrive.

Anyone get one of these new Sammys yet? I'd like to hear your experience on transferring the phone book! Name:  deskknock.gif
Views: 36
Size:  1.5 KB
Old 12-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i, Premium & Sports Pkgs., Logic 7, Bluetooth, aux soon!

Originally Posted by billyc' post='215031
I am looking to switch my wife's LG PM325, which we originally purchased because it has bluetooth, yet does not work well with the e60. I am looking to get her the Razr V3 from t-mobile. Can anyone confirm that this phone works well with the car?

Also, will there be an issue if we have 2 bluetooth phones in the car simultaneously? I have a treo 650 and wifey will have the Razr v3. Obviously we won't be able to make phone calls at the same time, but I want to make sure the car can alternate between the two if we both make or receive calls in the car at different times.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

You must be with Sprint if you have the LG PM325. Check out their new Razor-like Samsung A900. I just got one last night because unlike the LG which BTW works great, I wanted to be able to upload my phonebook to the car as this phn has OBEX and FTP activated, so it should work. Well, the instructions for this new phone are whoofully lacking about just how to do this and, there is no online PDF manual or any added info yet.

With the LG, I could voice in phn #'s and give them a name to be able to voice dial, a labour intensive work around. BTW, I have both phones listed in the iDrives Comm. section. I can change the position of the phones, to 1st or 2nd in the iDrive.

Anyone get one of these new Sammys yet? I'd like to hear your experience on transferring the phone book! Attachment 13673
[/quote]

Well, I'm taking the A900 back. After great difficulty in getting them to pair, the biggest problem is it hijacks the comm in the idrive and won't let go while the phn rings an incoming call that isn't there, and is unable to stop. I have to shut the car off to regain control. BEWARE THIS PHONE!

I'm sticking to the LG for now and don't have to look at the dash display to get phn #'s, just voice 'dial name' and all my voice dials on this phn work flawlessly. If I had hundreds of phn #'s I might see the sense of uploading, if that's what it really does, as opposed to accessing the phones data. This seems the better way to go as what i've read here, you don't get to see labeled hm, cell, office numbers anyway. My work around, say "dial(Fritz cell), (Fritz Hm)"...ect and my eyes stay on the road. I'll just have to miss out on reading who is incoming calling for now.

Anyone know how to tell which version of Bluetooth is in the E 60? v2.0 EDR, is the latest I hear.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='212380' date='Dec 17 2005, 01:34 AM
I have 2 EARLY EARLY generation V3s paired to it and a V600 all worked flawlessly.
The Verizon (also the Alltel and US Cellular) model is officially known as the V3c, made for the CDMA; Code Division Multiple Access networks.

It works great with the E60.