Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Does the Razr V3 work well with e60 bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black (Base + PDC)

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' post='201794' date='Nov 21 2005, 11:34 PM
just got my V3 today and it's not working. I have an 06 and the bluetooth is activated in the car and I set the phone to discoverable and tried to search for devices with it. NOTHING!!! How annoying.
You should use the phone to search for the car, not the other way around. In I-drive, go to the menu where it says 'Bluetooth detectable in this menu', then go to your phone: Settings->Connection->BT->Handsfree->Look for devices. It should find your car as 'BMWXXXXX'. Then select that device from your phone, your I-drive screen should now promts to to 'add device' or 'refuse connection'....follow the instructions afterwards....
Old 11-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Try these step Ghetto... and follow them step by step...

ACTIVATING BLUETOOTH E60/E63/E64

This procedure must be carried out first in order to properly pair a handset to the vehicle.

[S8404U11.JPG]
1. From the start menu press briefly down on the controller.
2. Scroll down to the "Communication settings" and select.

[8404U123.JPG]
3. Select "Bluetooth" and press controller.
4. Select "Settings" and press controller.
5. Select "Bluetooth communication active" and press the controller to activate the connection.
8. Exit back to the start menu.

PAIRING THE HANDSET TO THE VEHICLE E60/E63/E64
[S8404U11.JPG]
Turn the key on.

From the start menu press briefly down on the controller.

Scroll down to the "Communication settings" and select.

[S8404U85.JPG]
Select "Bluetooth" and press controller.

Select "Phone" and press controller.

Once the message "Bluetooth connectable in this menu" is displayed the vehicle is in pairable mode.

[S8404U86.JPG]
Your handset should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner's Manual for your handset

In order to pair you must enter a random passkey both via the handset and via the CID. The passkey can be any number that you choose up to 16 digits long.

Via the CID select "Add device" and press controller.

[8404U122.JPG]
Enter your passkey. Depending on the handset, you will have approximately 30 seconds to enter the passkey on the handset and the CID.

Enter the same passkey in the handset and in the display.

Select "Confirm passkey and press the controller.

[S8404U87.JPG]
After a few seconds your device will be listed.

Depending on the handset, the device will ask you to accept connection.

You must exit this menu in order for the handset to operate correctly.

Turn the key off. When the key is turned on the handset will connect and transfer the phonebook entries from the handset. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the phonebook.

Up to 4 handsets can be paired to the vehicle.

Please consult the Owner's Manual of the handset for additional information.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

V3 probably is one of the phone that has least problem with bluetooth on e60.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:21 AM
Members

My V3 has NEVER HAD any issue with E60 BT.
It seems it was made to work with it.
The only shame is the cradle lack.
Luca
Old 12-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

I also use the V3 and V600 and both work just fine in the E60
Old 12-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Motorola Phones work best with BMWs Blue Tooth it seems.

I too have a V3 and V600 that has been paried with the car and they both work fine.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' post='201794' date='Nov 21 2005, 11:34 PM
just got my V3 today and it's not working. I have an 06 and the bluetooth is activated in the car and I set the phone to discoverable and tried to search for devices with it. NOTHING!!! How annoying.

What service/ wireless company do you have? Yesterday I ordered a V3 from Verizon to replace my V710. I just went on the verizon website and the V3 is not even listed as working with BMW bluetooth. I guess I'll have to wait until the phone arrives tomorrrow and play with it. If anyone out there has a Razr V3 with VERIZON WIRELESS and have paired it with an e60 let me know.

Thanks,
Frank
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Motorola_carkit_RAZR_V3c.pdf (53.9 KB, 140 views)
File Type: pdf
Motorola_carkit_v710.pdf (19.9 KB, 89 views)
Old 12-10-2005, 05:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by Frank310' post='208924

What service/ wireless company do you have? Yesterday I ordered a V3 from Verizon to replace my V710. I just went on the verizon website and the V3 is not even listed as working with BMW bluetooth. I guess I'll have to wait until the phone arrives tomorrrow and play with it. If anyone out there has a Razr V3 with VERIZON WIRELESS and have paired it with an e60 let me know.

Thanks,
Frank
[/quote]

Ghetto,

To answer your question and mine the V3 does work. It took me a couple of tries but I got 2 of them to pair.

Frank
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by mclc26' post='198791' date='Nov 15 2005, 09:36 PM
I am looking to switch my wife's LG PM325, which we originally purchased because it has bluetooth, yet does not work well with the e60. I am looking to get her the Razr V3 from t-mobile. Can anyone confirm that this phone works well with the car?

Also, will there be an issue if we have 2 bluetooth phones in the car simultaneously? I have a treo 650 and wifey will have the Razr v3. Obviously we won't be able to make phone calls at the same time, but I want to make sure the car can alternate between the two if we both make or receive calls in the car at different times.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
Both on my former E60 and new E61 it works perfectly. The only thing I am missing is the cradle to save on battery as it is thirsty when blue tooth connected. .
Old 12-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by mclc26' post='198791' date='Nov 15 2005, 08:36 PM
I am looking to switch my wife's LG PM325, which we originally purchased because it has bluetooth, yet does not work well with the e60. I am looking to get her the Razr V3 from t-mobile. Can anyone confirm that this phone works well with the car?

Also, will there be an issue if we have 2 bluetooth phones in the car simultaneously? I have a treo 650 and wifey will have the Razr v3. Obviously we won't be able to make phone calls at the same time, but I want to make sure the car can alternate between the two if we both make or receive calls in the car at different times.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
No experience here, but read last night that the car will support up to 4 phones but I don't think simultaneously. Check the manual, but I think it prioritizes by order of the list you give it. In other words, if your phone is at the top of the list and you both are in the car, it will recognize your phone. If you are not in the car with your phone and she is, it will recognize her phone. I just ordered a Razr v3 and hope it works well. My service rep told me that he tried to pair a v3 that would not work and the user got a new v3 that paired properly. So, if your v3 does not pair up it may be the phone and not the car.

Quick Reply: Does the Razr V3 work well with e60 bluetooth?