Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Do 2 BT phones cancel each other out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

I've been using my Treo 650 in my '05 545 with great results. It took less than a minute to pair the phone with the car. Now whenever I get in the car, it automatically connects to the phone without having to do anything. However, yesterday my wife got the LG-PM325 bluetooth phone and I paired it with the car as well in a few seconds. Now I have both phones listed on the I-Drive communication menu. By itself, the LG phone works very well with the car. The problem is, when we are both in the car at the same time, neither of our phones will call out or receieve calls through the car. Does the car cancel the BT function when you have two BT phones in the car at once? Does anyone know a way around this or had this experience?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 08:06 AM
I've been using my Treo 650 in my '05 545 with great results.? It took less than a minute to pair the phone with the car.? Now whenever I get in the car, it automatically connects to the phone without having to do anything. However, yesterday my wife got the LG-PM325 bluetooth phone and I paired it with the car as well in a few seconds.? Now I have both phones listed on the I-Drive communication menu.? By itself, the LG phone works very well with the car.? The problem is, when we are both in the car at the same time, neither of our phones will call out or receieve calls through the car.? Does the car cancel the BT function when you have two BT phones in the car at once?? Does anyone know a way around this or had this experience?
[snapback]75007[/snapback]
My experience is yes, the system gets confused. Despite the fact that you can move the priority of the phones up and down in I-Drive. Now I have not played with this much but you can rename the BT phone so one says your name and the other says wifes name. Then prioritize. If that does not work, then the only solution is to drop the BT on the phone that you do not want to use with the car. You can only use one at a time, but a a total of 4 can be paired.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

I switch off my phone and let my wife's phone work this reduces my phone bill
Old 01-03-2005, 10:31 AM
sav
Members

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 09:06 AM
I've been using my Treo 650 in my '05 545 with great results.? It took less than a minute to pair the phone with the car.? Now whenever I get in the car, it automatically connects to the phone without having to do anything. However, yesterday my wife got the LG-PM325 bluetooth phone and I paired it with the car as well in a few seconds.? Now I have both phones listed on the I-Drive communication menu.? By itself, the LG phone works very well with the car.? The problem is, when we are both in the car at the same time, neither of our phones will call out or receieve calls through the car.? Does the car cancel the BT function when you have two BT phones in the car at once?? Does anyone know a way around this or had this experience?

Which dealership did you go to? My dealer could not get the LG phone to work correctly, blaming that it wasn't a "approved phone"? I just ordered the t608 phone
Old 01-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

I paired it with the LG phone myself...Shouldn't need a dealer to do it unless you don't have BT software updaet...My '05 545 came with it all set...I enabled bluetooth on the phone..It looked for devices and found the BMW...entered the 'pass key' and was all set up...

FWIW, I use DiFeo BMW in Tenafly, NJ..
Old 01-03-2005, 11:25 AM
sav
Members

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 01:52 PM
I paired it with the LG phone myself...Shouldn't need a dealer to do it unless you don't have BT software updaet...My '05 545 came with it all set...I enabled bluetooth on the phone..It looked for devices and found the BMW...entered the 'pass key' and was all set up...

[snapback]75089[/snapback]

I paired the car to the LG and it is recognized on the I drive. However, mine does not work in regards to placing calls. I just get the "please wait" message on the communications menu. I wonder if my dealer made a mistake? I will be trying the T608 in the next few days/
Old 01-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 10:06 AM

How did you pair the second phone?

The first one was no problem, but the second one... The car doesn't give yu the option.. the only ones AI see is:

Move up
Delete

no Add phone
Old 01-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Ilyam5' date='Jan 4 2005, 06:09 AM
[quote name='mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 10:06 AM']I've been using my Treo 650 in my '05 545 with great results.? It took less than a minute to pair the phone with the car.? Now whenever I get in the car, it automatically connects to the phone without having to do anything. However, yesterday my wife got the LG-PM325 bluetooth phone and I paired it with the car as well in a few seconds.? Now I have both phones listed on the I-Drive communication menu.? By itself, the LG phone works very well with the car.? The problem is, when we are both in the car at the same time, neither of our phones will call out or receieve calls through the car.? Does the car cancel the BT function when you have two BT phones in the car at once?? Does anyone know a way around this or had this experience?

How did you pair the second phone?

The first one was no problem, but the second one... The car doesn't give yu the option.. the only ones AI see is:

Move up
Delete

no Add phone
[snapback]75409[/snapback]
[/quote]
When in that window get your phone to search for nearby devices, then you will be prompted to add.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 02:52 PM

When you say the LG works well, does the phone book transfer? My understanding is the OBEX is not activated on the LG making that impossible? Could you detail exactly what works/does not work with the LG?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Jan 5 2005, 04:43 PM
[quote name='mclc26' date='Jan 3 2005, 02:52 PM']I paired it with the LG phone myself...Shouldn't need a dealer to do it unless you don't have BT software updaet...My '05 545 came with it all set...I enabled bluetooth on the phone..It looked for devices and found the BMW...entered the 'pass key' and was all set up...

When you say the LG works well, does the phone book transfer? My understanding is the OBEX is not activated on the LG making that impossible? Could you detail exactly what works/does not work with the LG?

Thanks!
[snapback]76024[/snapback]
[/quote]

I could not get the LG phone to work at all, it would just intermittently receive a call. When I called with my phone, the speakers/mic would work.....strange.

I then received a T608 phone and tried it. Works flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Do 2 BT phones cancel each other out?