Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Dension Gateway 500

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530 2005 E60
Thumbs up

Hi all. Im a newbie to this forum and just bought my 530 E60 2005 and i LOVE it.

i want to play MP3 in my car.
i got the Big navi and HIFI package
NO CD Charger
The car is build 20050429
i have read page up and page down about the Dension GW500 and it seems what i need. but What do i need to do with my car before and after at the dealer.
It seems that noone here in Sweden know much about this therfore i ask you guys.

Do i need to Uppgrade the car at the dealer for 345$ = 2.500SEK
Then install the GW 500 and all the accesories
OR do i need to uppgrade the car to a CD Charger aswell. someplaces i read tha i need to have a CD charger plugged in while the upgrade so the GW can use the CD charger extension.
When i uppgrade teh car for 345$
What kind of updates is done?
Do i got the new menus in the navi ?
will i be able to play MP3 from my CD or DVD drive ?

Next question is.
With the GW 500 and BLT 1500. do i got my Iphone 3Gs in the blue menu in the car ?
is is possible to stream music from the Iphone by Bluetooth?

Next is the WI-Drive. anyone here who got it yet?.
Where to put the WIFI antenna in the car ?
Do i need to have my Iphone connected to be able to transfer music from home to the car or will this go just by the WIFI to the car ?
Is it possible to connect to the car if the car is somewhere else (Connect by my Iphone).
Is it possible to connect a USB hub ans a 3G dungel so i dont need to have my phone connected ?

Next is the Specdock.
is my iphone safe while driving a bit moe active. it seems that it can fell out of the cralde if you are turning quite fast.

Anything else i need to think about when im going to order all this?

From a Sunny Sweden
All the Best
Totte.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005(55) E60 M Sport. Silver Grey, 19" wheels, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. Black Dakota Leather, High Gloss Dark Maple Wood.
Originally Posted by X3MKing' post='989577' date='Aug 26 2009, 10:52 PM
Hi all. Im a newbie to this forum and just bought my 530 E60 2005 and i LOVE it.

NO CD Charger
i have read page up and page down about the Dension GW500 and it seems what i need. but What do i need to do with my car before and after at the dealer.
It seems that noone here in Sweden know much about this therfore i ask you guys.

OR do i need to uppgrade the car to a CD Charger aswell. someplaces i read tha i need to have a CD charger plugged in while the upgrade so the GW can use the CD charger extension.

Next question is.
With the GW 500 and BLT 1500. do i got my Iphone 3Gs in the blue menu in the car ?

Do i need to have my Iphone connected to be able to transfer music from home to the car or will this go just by the WIFI to the car ?
Is it possible to connect to the car if the car is somewhere else (Connect by my Iphone).
Is it possible to connect a USB hub ans a 3G dungel so i dont need to have my phone connected ?

Next is the Specdock.
is my iphone safe while driving a bit moe active. it seems that it can fell out of the cralde if you are turning quite fast.

From a Sunny Sweden
All the Best
Totte.
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You have asked quite a few questions and I'm not sure how to answer them all so here is my bit.

I fitted a GW500 to my E60, which is a October 2005 build. I have Professional Navigation with a CD and Navigation DVD player in the dash board plus a CD changer in glove box. I have mp3 enabled. Easy to do, just put mp3 CD in player and if it works - all ok.

Next I installed the GW500, have a search as I posted instructions on here some time ago. I have bluetooth so just use that for my phones. I have a standard 80gb iPod and it works great.

I recently upgraded to a 3GS iPhone. It works with the bluetooth and also works with the GW500. It gives an error message that says the iPhone is not connected to a suitable device but it works great. I have full control of music and phone works just great.

I hope this helps a bit.

Good luck.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by X3MKing' post='989577' date='Aug 26 2009, 05:52 PM

NO CD Charger

Next question is.

Next is the Specdock.

From a Sunny Sweden
All the Best
Totte.
you need to install the dension first, THEN take it to the dealer for programming. with the switch on the dension control box in the UP position, the dension emulates the CD changer when plugged in to the diagnostic computer at the dealer. with the switch DOWN, it emulates the factory iPod.

You can code your car one of two ways:
1. leave the switch down and have them do the ipod retrofit coding
2. leave the switch up and have them do CD changer retrofit followed by the MP3 retrofit

either way, you need to install it first. i have no experience with the speck dock as of yet, bought one for one of our 7s but haven't installed it yet.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Members

hi folks.
Oboy i need to say.
The dealer who will install the GW500 told med to update the car first. but that make no sence.
they need to update the car with th GW so they can activate the CDCharger

He also told me that i will be able to watch movies from my Iphone on teh 16:9 screen.
And i DONT have the TV tuner or AV thing from Dension.

Is this true or ?

I will also buy the BLT1500. Will i be able to use the speech button and phone button on my stearing wheel ?

Anyone who got the WI-Drive and knows where to install it in teh GW 500
and also a tips on where to put the antenna.

Im affraid to say but there is noone here in sweden who has installed a GW500 that i can find on a forum to talk to :-(

Take care out there and keep therubber side down :-)

/T
Old 08-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by X3MKing' post='990507' date='Aug 27 2009, 09:12 PM
hi folks.
Oboy i need to say.
The dealer who will install the GW500 told med to update the car first. but that make no sence.
they need to update the car with th GW so they can activate the CDCharger

He also told me that i will be able to watch movies from my Iphone on teh 16:9 screen.
And i DONT have the TV tuner or AV thing from Dension.

Is this true or ?

I will also buy the BLT1500. Will i be able to use the speech button and phone button on my stearing wheel ?

Anyone who got the WI-Drive and knows where to install it in teh GW 500
and also a tips on where to put the antenna.

Im affraid to say but there is noone here in sweden who has installed a GW500 that i can find on a forum to talk to :-(

Take care out there and keep therubber side down :-)

/T
Hi,

have you checked if there is a mObridge supplier in Sweden? The mObridge has a all in one iPod/Bluetooth adapter.
Installing issues are the same, you can also check in my post on the mObridge installation.
Good luck!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Members

tomorrow i will leave the car to do the uppgrade.
then to another retailer to install the GW 500
and finaly on thursday i will goback to the BMW retailer to klick in the CDC option.

Guys please hold all of your tumbs now.