Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

dealer said .....about bluetooth 2005 e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:51 PM
[quote name='evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:08 PM']unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

which nokia are u using, and did you see the bluetooth option when your phone is not in the car?

thanks!

[snapback]66716[/snapback]

which dealer did you buy from, who do you use for service?

CDMA does have sim cards now, I have the V710, but not the car yet

but, mototola has some problem in the software so the BT is not working on my phone yet anyway...they said it should be working by year end
[snapback]66776[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't hold your breath on that one. Unless there update fully enables OBEX it will not work with the BMW. BTW its Verizon thats crippling the phone, not MOTO.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 8 2004, 07:53 PM
[quote name='m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:51 PM'][quote name='evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:08 PM']unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

which nokia are u using, and did you see the bluetooth option when your phone is not in the car?

thanks!

but, mototola has some problem in the software so the BT is not working on my phone yet anyway...they said it should be working by year end
[/quote]

Don't hold your breath on that one. Unless there update fully enables OBEX it will not work with the BMW. BTW its Verizon thats crippling the phone, not MOTO.
[snapback]66778[/snapback]
[/quote]

really? I had called Motorola and they told me this info, not Verizon
Old 12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:57 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Dec 8 2004, 07:53 PM'][quote name='m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:51 PM'][quote name='evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:08 PM']unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

thanks!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[snapback]66780[/snapback]
[/quote]

Word on the street is that they make the phone to Verizon's specs. Due to the many complaints they requested MOTO to release a patch that would open up the phones features. This is apparently being tested by VZW right now. VZWs reason for crippling the phone was to stop users from sending and receiving ringtones and pictures from the phone so that they would have to use their GIN (Get it Now) paid service. I hope they open it up completely but I suspect they will still prevent certain capabilities which may hamper the functionality with the E60.

Do a search for V710 or Verizon on this forum. Also look here and here
Old 12-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Dec 8 2004, 08:30 PM
[quote name='m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:57 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Dec 8 2004, 07:53 PM'][quote name='m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:51 PM'][quote name='evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:08 PM']unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

thanks!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[snapback]66780[/snapback]
[/quote]

Word on the street is that they make the phone to Verizon's specs. Due to the many complaints they requested MOTO to release a patch that would open up the phones features. This is apparently being tested by VZW right now. VZWs reason for crippling the phone was to stop users from sending and receiving ringtones and pictures from the phone so that they would have to use their GIN (Get it Now) paid service. I hope they open it up completely but I suspect they will still prevent certain capabilities which may hamper the functionality with the E60.

Do a search for V710 or Verizon on this forum. Also look here and here
[snapback]66781[/snapback]
[/quote]

thanx

luckily I have some time for them to work this out, but if at that time it doesnt fully work in my MY 06 E60 or E63 (still unsure due to BMW NA), I'll lose the phone....
Old 12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Members

i bought from oyster bay and usually goto bayside for service. but both dealers seem a little weak when it comes to software updates and this car.

im thinking should just wait for ver 15 to come out

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 07:51 PM
[quote name='evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:08 PM']unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

thanks!

[/quote]
Old 12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 09:26 PM
i bought from oyster bay and usually goto bayside for service.? but both dealers seem a little weak when it comes to software updates and this car.

im thinking should just wait for ver 15 to come out

I have heard only bad things about Bayside, and I didnt like the dealership when I was looking for my current ride, I went with Hassel, and they are really great on service, they are in the middle of a $10million expansion including a new showroom the size of Rallye but in this all new BMW design scheme, and a brand new state of the art service center, which will be done by June

you may want to give them a try, I always give them a 5....
Old 12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

EVPERRY,

Bluetooth shows up in the menu irrespective of having any phone.

I am using Motorola phones without any problems. The phone calls and uploads it's directory to the car perfectly. (I use T-Mobile, not Verizon though.)
Old 12-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i - titanium silver - sport package - premium package - bi-xeon -

so wait..theres soppose to be a bluetooth option under the communication tab...even if i dont have a bluetooth phone activated... i sure dont...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Members

I picked up my 545 5 days ago and it definitely has the BT option visible underneath Communications, and I don't yet have a BT phone. I don't know how to check my SW version number however.

I am hopeful that the Treo 650 will work, although I have to wait for Verizon to make it available. There appears to be sketchy data earlier in this post that the Sprint Treo 650 doesn't work. Anybody have first-hand experience with this?
Old 12-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Olivin/beige 525I, Premium Pkg. Steptronic, M aero kit + trunk lid finisher, AC trunk lid + roof spoiler, 19" Breyton Magic staggered with Toyo T1R tires. 2002 Artic Silver X5 3.0, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg,

I just took my 2 week old 2005 525i in to dealer to have them fix my bluetooth problem yesterday. I was getting a message on the I-drive screen to contact my service dealer under the phone menu.

When I brought it in, the service agent told me that I needed to have the software upgraded and said that I needed a compatible phone aslo (which I did motorola V551). He then quoted me $420 to do it. I was shocked and told him that 2005 models should already have bluetooth enabled in the I-Drive. I went and found my sales agent and explained to him my problem and he printed out the BMW bulletin that stated that BMW 5 series produced from Sept. 04 and on should already have the software programed in.
My sales agent then went to talk to the service agent and explained to him that my 5 series has a production date of 9/04 and it should have bluetooth programed in. They told me they would take care of it.

After 3 hours of waiting, my service agent comes back and tells me that my car is ready and told me that there was no charge for the service which made me really happy. He also stated that they probably forgot to put in the programming at the port when the car came over.

I had no problem pairing the phone and as far as I say, it work great.

Quick Reply: dealer said .....about bluetooth 2005 e60