Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

dealer said .....about bluetooth 2005 e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 04:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so did they update your sofwtare or just add the blurtooth module? If tehy updated your software, what version did you have and what version did it go to.

Im gettiing the impression that BMW used an earlier version becuaus ether version of software with bluetooth might be a little too buggy.

Originally Posted by WINGer' date='Dec 9 2004, 02:53 AM
I just took my 2 week old 2005 525i in to dealer to have them fix my bluetooth problem yesterday.? I was getting a message on the I-drive screen to contact my service dealer under the phone menu.?

When I brought it in, the service agent told me that I needed to have the software upgraded and said that I needed a compatible phone aslo (which I did motorola V551). He then quoted me $420 to do it.? I was shocked and told him that 2005 models should already have bluetooth enabled in the I-Drive.? I went and found my sales agent and explained to him my problem and he printed out the BMW bulletin that stated that BMW 5 series produced from Sept. 04 and on should already have the software programed in.?
My sales agent then went to talk to the service agent and explained to him that my 5 series? has a production date of 9/04 and it should have bluetooth programed in.? They? told me they would take care of it.

After 3 hours of waiting, my service agent comes back and tells me that my car is ready and told me that there was no charge for the service which made me really happy.? He also stated that they probably forgot to put in the programming at the port when the car came over.

I had no problem pairing the phone and as far as I say, it work great.
[snapback]66886[/snapback]
Old 12-09-2004, 04:25 AM
Members

how is the service department?

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 8 2004, 09:40 PM
[quote name='evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 09:26 PM']i bought from oyster bay and usually goto bayside for service.? but both dealers seem a little weak when it comes to software updates and this car.

im thinking should just wait for ver 15 to come out

I have heard only bad things about Bayside, and I didnt like the dealership when I was looking for my current ride, I went with Hassel, and they are really great on service, they are in the middle of a $10million expansion including a new showroom the size of Rallye but in this all new BMW design scheme, and a brand new state of the art service center, which will be done by June

you may want to give them a try, I always give them a 5....
[snapback]66805[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-09-2004, 04:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 9 2004, 08:25 AM
how is the service department?

Great! I always give them a *5* when rating

is this your first new BMW? do you know the rating scale and the effects on you and the delaer?

If you go with Hassel, pm me and I'll let you know who to ask for....
Old 12-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Members

This is my 3rd car from BMW. what do you mena about the rating scale. When they call me I try and speak objectively.

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 9 2004, 08:53 AM
[quote name='evperry' date='Dec 9 2004, 08:25 AM']how is the service department?

Great! I always give them a *5* when rating

is this your first new BMW? do you know the rating scale and the effects on you and the delaer?

If you go with Hassel, pm me and I'll let you know who to ask for....
[snapback]66959[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Contributors

evperry,Dec 9 2004, 10:01 PM]This is my 3rd car from BMW.? what do you mena about the rating scale. When they call me I try and speak objectively.

objectively? well that cant be good for the dealers point of view.

and they know what ratings you give to them and to BMW NA, and that can affect the level of service you could receive, especially in making appointments

that rating system gets the dealership more money and ordering power, and they really take it serious at Hassel. As I say, they push for a top service rating of five with everything they service for you, they wash your car too which is nice, and upon completion, they go over everything with you, and they give you a letter from the service manager thanking you for your allowing them to service and hoping that you have found their service up to the level that you would expect from BMW, and they ask you to give them a five rating. They even go as far as to ask you to call them if you think it was not a five so they can try to rectify anything that would lead you to not rate them a 5. thats how serious they take it, and i know alot of other dealers in NYC dont do this.

if you are getting service and in the general area they will drop you off back home, if you leave your car, i always drop my car off before 7AM, they have shuttle service from the dealership to the LIRR, and then at night I call them and they pick me up at the station and take me to pick up my car....

i would recommend their service and rate them a 5
Old 12-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Members

i certaintly dont get that level of service at Oyster Bay dude.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 10 2004, 07:36 PM
i certaintly dont get that level of service at Oyster Bay dude.
[snapback]67663[/snapback]
you wont believe this <_< , but its true,

my 4 year full maint was up in May of this year, and as you would expect, something little but annoying and costly broke like 3 weeks later. it was a window regulator and motor so it was something that i had to get fixed right away...anyway, i went to the dealer before 7am the next morning and just spoke to my service rep and without any thought they took my car in, and , to my amazement, they covered the service which was almost $1,000....they told me that they extend the service to their 'good' customers for up to 6 months after your warranty as a curteousy,

...anyway, all around i havent had one problem with them in the 4 1/2 years with them, and would recommend them
Old 12-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Members

For what it's worth, I had v13.2 put into my '05 545i this morning. Bluetooth is enabled now, so that's a step in the right direction. However, I spoke with BMW NA this morning and the person I spoke with said that the dealer is responsible for enabling bluetooth prior to delivery. Hence, they wouldn't reimburse me if the dealership I went to charged me for the enablement . The dealer I bought the car said they would look at it and try to fix it for free, but since they're over 100 miles from me, it isn't really an option at the moment. The local dealer said BMW wouldn't reimburse him for making the update, and what NA told me today seems to agree with that. I'm somewhat upset about the dealer I bought the car not knowing what to do however. It seems like either all of the 05s on the lot would have bluetooth enabled or none of them would if it was their responsibility...

Aside from my rant, the software update is all anoyone needs to get bluetooth fixed on the 2005s though . It works out great too. Spent about 20 minutes talking on the phone and having people stare at me like I was insane and talking to myself.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by HurstTX' date='Dec 13 2004, 05:56 PM
For what it's worth, I had v13.2 put into my '05 545i this morning.? Bluetooth is enabled now,
[snapback]68794[/snapback]
I believe it was 13.3 that was installed.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Members

Your right I dont belive it!

But glad its true.

Originally Posted by m630' date='Dec 10 2004, 07:50 PM
[quote name='evperry' date='Dec 10 2004, 07:36 PM']i certaintly dont get that level of service at Oyster Bay dude.
[snapback]67663[/snapback]
you wont believe this <_< , but its true,

my 4 year full maint was up in May of this year, and as you would expect, something little but annoying and costly broke like 3 weeks later. it was a window regulator and motor so it was something that i had to get fixed right away...anyway, i went to the dealer before 7am the next morning and just spoke to my service rep and without any thought they took my car in, and , to my amazement, they covered the service which was almost $1,000....they told me that they extend the service to their 'good' customers for up to 6 months after your warranty as a curteousy,

...anyway, all around i havent had one problem with them in the 4 1/2 years with them, and would recommend them
[snapback]67664[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quick Reply: dealer said .....about bluetooth 2005 e60