Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

dealer said .....about bluetooth 2005 e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wonderful dealer rep told me that you have to have a bluetooth phone that works with bluetooth in order for me to be able to even see the bluetooth option.....

I suppose my next questions is "what the f..." because I now thats wrong.

Has anyone in NYC / Lond Island area had their bluetooth updated at th dealer on an 04 or has a problem with late current 05 where the dealer knows how to handle this.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

Prestige in Ramsey NJ did mine and was great...
Old 12-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

You should walk him over to any other '05 on the lot and show him how bluetooth is on it's menu and not yours. Have him explain that.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Members

excellent idea.

i will try just that.

teh funny thign is that i have a tro 650 and i know it doesnt work, i just want to get the option there so if they offer an update for the phone it might work with the car!

my dealer doesnt seem very strong with the whole tech thign of the 545 at all.

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Dec 8 2004, 04:27 PM
You should walk him over to any other '05 on the lot and show him how bluetooth is on it's menu and not yours.? Have him explain that.
[snapback]66698[/snapback]
Old 12-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Members

how long did it take and how far is that deaer from NYC?

Originally Posted by tedmundson' date='Dec 8 2004, 04:24 PM
Prestige in Ramsey NJ did mine and was great...
[snapback]66696[/snapback]
Old 12-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

I was skeptical how well bluetooth and the whole voice dialing thing was going to be implemented after having endured previous communications attempt by BMW with the outdated CPT garbage. I have been very impressed and pleasantly surprised.

The voice dial works, the hear-ability is excellent on both sides of the conversation and it functions as it should, seamlessly and effortlessly. It has become one of the things I really like on the car.

I wasn't aware the Treo 650 didn't work. Do we have reliable information that is true? If it is true you might consider getting a spare used Nokia or Motorola off of ebay to pop your SIM card into if you go on any road trips.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Members

unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

which nokia are u using, and did you see the bluetooth option when your phone is not in the car?

thanks!

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Dec 8 2004, 04:43 PM
I was skeptical how well bluetooth and the whole voice dialing thing was going to be implemented after having endured previous communications attempt by BMW with the outdated CPT garbage.? I have been very impressed and pleasantly surprised.

The voice dial works, the hear-ability is excellent on both sides of the conversation and it functions as it should, seamlessly and effortlessly.? ? It has become one of the things I really like on the car.

I wasn't aware the Treo 650 didn't work.? Do we have reliable information that is true?? If it is true you might consider getting a spare used Nokia or Motorola off of ebay to pop your SIM card into if you go on any road trips.
[snapback]66707[/snapback]
Old 12-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Members

Are you sure the Treo 650 won't work with the car?

Sorry, don't know why I assumed GSM. Forgot that there was a CDMA version of the Treo. I switched from Sprint to first Cingular, then now T-mobile for a number of issues, but to include the convenience of being able to swap in/out a SIM card and keep all my information on it, have Bluetooth options, be able to choose from a better variety of phones.

I have four different Bluetooth phones. The ones I am using with the 545 are the Motorola V3, and V80. I also have the Nokia T616 and Motorola V600.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Members

let me ask....if you dont have your bluetooth phone in teh car, do you still see the bluetotth option under teh communications menu?

quote=firewired,Dec 8 2004, 05:15 PM]
Are you sure the Treo 650 won't work with the car?

Sorry, don't know why I assumed GSM. Forgot that there was a CDMA version of the Treo. I switched from Sprint to first Cingular, then now T-mobile for a number of issues, but to include the convenience of being able to swap in/out a SIM card and keep all my information on it, have Bluetooth options, be able to choose from a better variety of phones.

I have four different Bluetooth phones. The ones I am using with the 545 are the Motorola V3, and V80. I also have the Nokia T616 and Motorola V600.
[snapback]66717[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by evperry' date='Dec 8 2004, 05:08 PM
unfortunately CDMA does not have a sim card!!!

which nokia are u using, and did you see the bluetooth option when your phone is not in the car?

thanks!

[snapback]66716[/snapback]

which dealer did you buy from, who do you use for service?

CDMA does have sim cards now, I have the V710, but not the car yet

but, mototola has some problem in the software so the BT is not working on my phone yet anyway...they said it should be working by year end

Quick Reply: dealer said .....about bluetooth 2005 e60