Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Dealer able to get BTUM to work

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' post='274385' date='Apr 26 2006, 11:33 AM
I pushed the switch as far forward as it could go and no success so How much for your V60i?
If you want it just PM me your name address and phone # and I will ship it to you and you can see if it works. If not, just ship it back to me. If you want to keep it, we'll talk price later, no big deal. Do you have a SIM card for it?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='274783' date='Apr 27 2006, 11:52 AM
If you want it just PM me your name address and phone # and I will ship it to you and you can see if it works. If not, just ship it back to me. If you want to keep it, we'll talk price later, no big deal. Do you have a SIM card for it?
Thanks, jtp, that's really great of you. I just bought a V60i off eBay yesterday for $80 so hopefully it will work, the seller said it was a BMW V60i GSM. If for some reason it does not work out, I'll be back in touch and may take you up on the offer. Thanks again.

Scott
Old 05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' post='274787' date='Apr 27 2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks, jtp, that's really great of you. I just bought a V60i off eBay yesterday for $80 so hopefully it will work, the seller said it was a BMW V60i GSM. If for some reason it does not work out, I'll be back in touch and may take you up on the offer. Thanks again.
Scott
So what is the deal with the V60 that ordered off of Ebay? did it fix your trouble? I am currently still haveing the same trouble that you have saying connect or power on your portable phones will pair fine but no info in the idrive. My dealer is still working on the problem and still has the PUMA open and is getting min by min help from the BMW engineers as they can not fiqure out the trouble yet given them a couple more days till say they can not fix it and then i will start my quest for another car or some kick back. If they do work it out i will post the info on what and how they fixed it
Old 05-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Originally Posted by buddy' post='276726' date='May 1 2006, 09:34 PM
So what is the deal with the V60 that ordered off of Ebay? did it fix your trouble? I am currently still haveing the same trouble that you have saying connect or power on your portable phones will pair fine but no info in the idrive. My dealer is still working on the problem and still has the PUMA open and is getting min by min help from the BMW engineers as they can not fiqure out the trouble yet given them a couple more days till say they can not fix it and then i will start my quest for another car or some kick back. If they do work it out i will post the info on what and how they fixed it
Hi Buddy,
I received the phone today and it does not say BMW on the phone casing but does show "BMW" upon power up on its screen. Anyway, no my car did not recognize it and by chance I had a customer come in today with a 760 and he had a cpt9000 in his car. He let me try it in my car and my car would not do anything with his in the ejectbox either; however, when I put my "BMW" V60 in his car it immediately displayed "Reading Data" on his i-drive screen so his car did recognize my phone as being connected. I feel that the guys working on our cars just must be missing something, I have an appointment on next Monday to get my Sirius reprogrammed since they erased it at the last visit, which i should be pissed off about, but I am so focused on getting this damn BTUM to work that I am kinda lettin that slide. They are going to look at the phone again at that appointment, I just have a bad feeling they are going to give me the run around again because the phone I have is not an actual cpt9000. Do you have a customer service number for BMW NA? I think I need to start calling someone.

Regards,
Scott
Old 05-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Members

Hey, anybody in British Columbia, Canada or anywhere else in Canada who did have their BTUM installed? if so, how much did your dealer charge you? thanks again!!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' post='276743' date='May 1 2006, 10:54 PM
Hi Buddy,
I received the phone today and it does not say BMW on the phone casing but does show "BMW" upon power up on its screen. Anyway, no my car did not recognize it and by chance I had a customer come in today with a 760 and he had a cpt9000 in his car. He let me try it in my car and my car would not do anything with his in the ejectbox either; however, when I put my "BMW" V60 in his car it immediately displayed "Reading Data" on his i-drive screen so his car did recognize my phone as being connected. I feel that the guys working on our cars just must be missing something, I have an appointment on next Monday to get my Sirius reprogrammed since they erased it at the last visit, which i should be pissed off about, but I am so focused on getting this damn BTUM to work that I am kinda lettin that slide. They are going to look at the phone again at that appointment, I just have a bad feeling they are going to give me the run around again because the phone I have is not an actual cpt9000. Do you have a customer service number for BMW NA? I think I need to start calling someone.

Regards,
Scott
Scott, it sounds like you do have a BMW CPT9000. It's likely that the outer case was damaged or scratched and the previous owner just bought a regular V60 case to take care of that. Since it says BMW on boot, that's probably proof enough that it is an authentic phone (BMW logo is in firmware, I think). Finally, since your phone worked in the 760, it's clear that it "looks" like a CPT9000 to the car.

If the dealer witnessed all of your testing, I can't see how they would give you any trouble just because the outside of the phone doesn't say BMW...

Good luck -- keep up hope!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='276870' date='May 2 2006, 08:59 AM
Scott, it sounds like you do have a BMW CPT9000. It's likely that the outer case was damaged or scratched and the previous owner just bought a regular V60 case to take care of that. Since it says BMW on boot, that's probably proof enough that it is an authentic phone (BMW logo is in firmware, I think). Finally, since your phone worked in the 760, it's clear that it "looks" like a CPT9000 to the car.

If the dealer witnessed all of your testing, I can't see how they would give you any trouble just because the outside of the phone doesn't say BMW...

Good luck -- keep up hope!
Unfortunately, the dealer did not witness any of this it was done in my office parking lot. I dropped my car off at the dealer this morning with the phone and BTUM for another go at it. We'll see.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Members

My SA just called and told me they got the BTUM to work by replacing my TCU. Curiously though she said it was a non-Bluetooth TCU. I did not think they made the non-BT TCU anymore. As long as the BTUM works though, I will be happy.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Members

Hallelujah, It works!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Wow they got it to work mine is still in the shop first 1 month then (06 330 loaner) then 2 weeks (06 x5 ) 1 week now (06 325 loaner) and they still can't get it to work replaced tcu 2 times, the cradle and btum once numerouse puma's and still not working not sure if the tcu they replaced with was non bluetooth one will ask tommorow, they did get it to recognise the module and it said to turn on or connect portable numerous reprograms i will give it awhile longer as i will start complaining to NA about a buyback or something as my car is obviously defective if a factory install cant be peformed. Have you tried it yet? does it actually work with all voice commands as sync ups hit me back with the details soon as possible

Quick Reply: Dealer able to get BTUM to work