Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Dailing numbers via bluetooth after connected

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

OK Lets stop arguing on how to do what he wants. You can use the keypad and the I-drive. The i-drive is a painfully slow and requires as much driver distraction as using the keypad on the phone. I use them both depnding on the circumstances.

To use the I-drive, when in a call push down on the pod. You are given a choice of "End Call" or "KeyPad" Select Keypad.

If all I have to do is dial an extension and the phone is in my trouser pocket then I will use the I-drive, however if you have to dial a string of numbers as a password to get to voicemail, then I use the phone keypad.

Lets face it, checking your voicemail while driving is a distraction no matter how you dial. Its a risk I take.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 24 2005, 09:02 PM
OK Lets stop arguing on how to do what he wants.? You can use the keypad and the I-drive.? The i-drive is a painfully slow and requires as much driver distraction as using the keypad on the phone.? I use them both depnding on the circumstances.

To use the I-drive,? when in a call push down on the pod.? You are given a choice of "End Call" or "KeyPad"? Select Keypad.

If all I have to do is dial an extension and the phone is in my trouser pocket then I will use the I-drive,? however if you have to dial a string of numbers as a password to get to voicemail,? then I use the phone keypad.

Lets face it, checking your voicemail while driving is a distraction no matter how you dial.? Its a risk I take.
[snapback]82671[/snapback]
thanks Hormazd, that sounds like a plan. I appreciate your help and understanding!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jan 24 2005, 07:06 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 24 2005, 09:02 PM']OK Lets stop arguing on how to do what he wants.? You can use the keypad and the I-drive.?? The i-drive is a painfully slow and requires as much driver distraction as using the keypad on the phone.?? I use them both depnding on the circumstances.

To use the I-drive,? when in a call push down on the pod.? You are given a choice of "End Call" or "KeyPad"?? Select Keypad.

If all I have to do is dial an extension and the phone is in my trouser pocket then I will use the I-drive,? however if you have to dial a string of numbers as a password to get to voicemail,? then I use the phone keypad.

Lets face it, checking your voicemail while driving is a distraction no matter how you dial.?? Its a risk I take.
[snapback]82671[/snapback]
thanks Hormazd, that sounds like a plan. I appreciate your help and understanding!!!!!!
[snapback]82673[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are welcome.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Contributors

Great!! I will try the Idrive keypad
Old 01-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d, Nav Bus., PDC, saphire black, dakota beige leather, heated front seats, xenon, shades, bright brown poplar, standard seats with electric adj. and mem., automatic climate control.

with me, i just push the lower left button on the steering wheel for voice control, and i say "dial number" then i say the number. just my .02$