Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Contact List sorting by Title

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M Sport, Alpine White, 2006, Australian
Model Year: 2005
Default Contact List sorting by Title

Hi folks,

I've been using my Samsung Galaxy SII with my '06 E60 530d without problems until a few months ago when iDrive started sorting my contacts by Title as well as Name. What I mean is EVERY contact that has a Mr in the Title appears under "M". So Mr Bob Jones appears under M, and Dr Bill Smith appears under D.

I don't know what I did, but I've upgraded my SII firmware several times now and I'm using the latest firmware as of today. I've deleted the pairing with iDrive on both devices and started again, without success.

One option is to delete all the titles in Outlook, but this would screw up mail outs, etc, especially when I want to know if I'm dealing with, say, Mr Shanon Obern, or Mrs Shanon O'Reilly .... you can see how the absence of Titles in Outlook might be of concern.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w/Sport, Premium, Cold weather. Silver Gray Metallic, Black Dakota leather interior.

In our models (pre-lci) it reads it from the phone and doesn't store it in the car. So whatever has been changed has been changed on the phone. First off I would try simply choosing a different sort order i.e....last name. Then revert back. If that doesn't work then ya I'd try export/import.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport, Alpine White, 2006, Australian
Model Year: 2005

Hi wcr3d,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my model is pre LCI.

On the Galaxy SII the sort order is set for Surname and the dispay order is also set for Surname. I only get two choices: Surname and First Name. So why are all records with a Mr, Mrs, or Ms being sorted by Title?

This morning I deleted the pairing from the car and the phone. It's tricky from the phone because I needed to unpair, and then restart the phone. The car no longer appears in the list. I have also confirmed that I'm running the latest version of Kies and firmware on the phone. I then deleted the contact list from the phone and syncronised with Outlook again.

There was a new version of Kies today. I've downloaded it, deleted all contacts on the phone and sync'ed again.

I've now checked Outlook, Kies, and the phone. None of them has an option to sort by Title. All are set to sort by "Last, First". All display properly.

I shall create a new pairing with the car later today and see how it handles Titles. If it is still sorting by Title then I'll have to go through Outlook and delete all Title info. I don't know any other way.

Cheers

virgil.