Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Connection LOCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.
Arrow

I was receiving a call, and in my haste to connect the Bluetooth before I answered the call, I locked up the system. Couldn't END CALL, Disconnect Bluetooth, Turn Phone Off, NOTHING!! So therefore there's no MUSIC from any source. The Bluetooth locked everything up. I press the talk function, the phone function.....on the steering wheel held down the iDRIVE.you name it. Could NOT get out of Bluetooth Lock!! Went to visit family for about an hour or so, and then we were back in business. Though I turned the car off a couple times before as well as the phone, it didn't work until I was out of the car for a while.

Any way to get out of Bluetooth Lock within an hour?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I had this happen numerous times already. Anytime the bluetooth locked up on me,I was able to turn the phone off and within 3-4 minutes the screen would return back to a normal display. When I turned the phone back on, had no additional problems.

My phone is the Moto Razor v3.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

Take the phone battery out for a couple of minutes. This will do the trick.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

So you mean to tell me that, after getting out of the car (turning the car off), turning of the phone, then after about 5 minutes the phone strength indicator is still there when I get back, doesn't kick this thing out of lock mode?!! That's crazy. And I did that twice in addition to turning off the phone away from the car.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Titanium Silver M-Tech Sport, nav, HUD, comfort seats, comfort access, HD radio, Sat radio, folding mirrors

Take the phone battery out for a couple of minutes. This will do the trick.
Hi whentments:

If this works for you, I need to try it since apparently BMWUSA does not want to replace the TCU in my car ( see post [post="http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=36674"]BB 7130e Hanging Up iDrive[/post]). In fact, my biggest complaint is that it freezes up the audio system and bluetooth until the car goes to sleep. If there was a way to "reboot" the onboard computer or somehow restore bluetooth/audio functionality without letting the car sit overnight, I wouldn't be completely happy, but I would be placated somewhat.

Best regards,

MG
Old 03-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

MG,
Just to clarify my answer. The suggestion to remove the battery was offered as a temporary solution to get out of the "freeze" mode. If it was a one off situation I wouldn't mind it but it seems that it happens quite frequently to you. This is definitely an issue and BMW needs to fix it even if it means replacing the TCU or the M-Ask/CCC. BMW has no reason here trying to convince you that it operates as it should.

Regards
Pete
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Members

Cool

Well, here I am again and I want to tell you that my "Angel" felt bad for what happened yesterday. Check this out. I turn the Bluetooth on the phone as usual when I start the car and get it situated before pulling out of the garage. Then,as I get to work, I assumed that as usual the connection would end and that would be it. At lunchtime I get in the car and WALLA!!!! There's the phone numbers and connect, made instantaneously.YOOOOOOOOOO what's up with that! I then get to my favorite lunch spot and I'm talking to a friend. I switched the phone to handset and went in the get the food. All of a sudden I'm not hearing my caller and didn't know what was going on. I had the windows down because it was a warm day, so when I went outside to see if it was the restaurant, I heard the voice coming from the CAR!!! WOW, I was in the restaurant and the phone switched back to the car!! And that wasn't the only time today. Everytime I got in the car, it activated the phones Bluetooth, there were the numbers, and when I got out of the car AGAIN, the call switched back to the car from the phone and I was at least 50 FT away!! That's HOTT!!! Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Members

Same problem as pro2cer originally posted, however, turning off the cell phone or turning off the bluetooth in cell phone did not fix the problem. I found out that after about 2 hours of the car off and locked the bluetooth lock mode released itself. When I returned to the car the bluetooth had to be re-enabled in the vehicle settings menu (bluetooth was unchecked). Once I re-checked the box, everything worked again. The event originally occurred when a call was coming into my cell phone as I was approaching the car and I just turned on the ignition. This may be a period of time while the cell phone is bonding with the i drive and a call is coming in that may trigger a software glitch.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by Guitarman926' post='407406' date='Mar 27 2007, 06:43 AM
Same problem as pro2cer originally posted, however, turning off the cell phone or turning off the bluetooth in cell phone did not fix the problem. I found out that after about 2 hours of the car off and locked the bluetooth lock mode released itself. When I returned to the car the bluetooth had to be re-enabled in the vehicle settings menu (bluetooth was unchecked). Once I re-checked the box, everything worked again. The event originally occurred when a call was coming into my cell phone as I was approaching the car and I just turned on the ignition. This may be a period of time while the cell phone is bonding with the i drive and a call is coming in that may trigger a software glitch.
I have even started a thread on the later problem though in my case it is just a matter of significant delay of I-Dirve-Bluetooth booting:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=38251
Otherwise for the initially described in this thread type of the lock I solve the problem by initiating another call via my handy-afterwards I can use again the I-drive to make calls