Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Confirmed: T637 compatible w/E60 Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pavel' date='Jan 6 2005, 04:51 PM
I talked to the service rep and he told me to just be patient, that it may take quite a while until the phonebook items pop up, even an hour or so, is this what everyone else is seeing?

Pavel
[snapback]76451[/snapback]

This is exactly the case. As far as I can tell, there is no way to "force" a sync with the car and a T637 (I have tried numerous times.)

It happens on it's own and it happens without warning, feedback or notification. Turn the car off and give it a rest. Come back in an hour (better yet, come back the next morning) and you will likely find that the phone book is in the car.

Regarding the "sort order" of names... I don't see how this would make any difference. FWIW, my phone is sorted by last name.

--Joe
Old 01-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 03/04 530, Nav

Originally Posted by jrm21' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:35 PM
[quote name='pavel' date='Jan 6 2005, 04:51 PM']I talked to the service rep and he told me to just be patient, that it may take quite a while until the phonebook items pop up, even an hour or so, is this what everyone else is seeing?

Pavel
[snapback]76451[/snapback]

This is exactly the case. As far as I can tell, there is no way to "force" a sync with the car and a T637 (I have tried numerous times.)

It happens on it's own and it happens without warning, feedback or notification. Turn the car off and give it a rest. Come back in an hour (better yet, come back the next morning) and you will likely find that the phone book is in the car.

Regarding the "sort order" of names... I don't see how this would make any difference. FWIW, my phone is sorted by last name.

--Joe
[snapback]76511[/snapback]
[/quote]

Interesting, so it actually syncs while the car is off huh? I wouldn't have thought of that because when I turn my ignition key off, my phone tels me it lost connection with the car.

Pavel
Old 01-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, legacy679 !
Old 01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Members

I left the phone in the car overnight, still no phonebook entries, not even after driving to work this morning.

I haven't tried swapping the sort order to last name yet, I prefer sorting by first. Anyone else has their T637 phonebook sync in the sort by first name mode?

Thanks

Pavel
Old 01-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pavel' date='Jan 7 2005, 01:58 PM
I left the phone in the car overnight, still no phonebook entries, not even after driving to work this morning.

I haven't tried swapping the sort order to last name yet, I prefer sorting by first. Anyone else has their T637 phonebook sync in the sort by first name mode?

Thanks

Pavel
[snapback]76782[/snapback]
Of course not. I am sorry you adhered to the previous post. Nothing will happen if the car is off.

IF your phone is completely compatible(I don't know much about the T637), then the phonebook will transfer after 10-20 minutes of driving while the phone is paired but the BT link is idle. The phone needs to be paired to the car for anything to transfer.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:23 PM
[quote name='pavel' date='Jan 7 2005, 01:58 PM']I left the phone in the car overnight, still no phonebook entries, not even after driving to work this morning.

Thanks

Pavel
Of course not. I am sorry you adhered to the previous post. Nothing will happen if the car is off.

IF your phone is completely compatible(I don't know much about the T637), then the phonebook will transfer after 10-20 minutes of driving while the phone is paired but the BT link is idle. The phone needs to be paired to the car for anything to transfer.
[snapback]76820[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's what I thought. I haven't driven more than 30 minutes at a time, maybe I just need to have the car on longer.

Could it maybe have to do with the size of the phonebook? Mine is 39 names with 2 phones per name on average.

Also, once the phonebook shows up, does it also take a long time to pick up any changes I make or do they get picked up instantly?

My Recent calls, Received calls, etc. are also all empty, are these also just mirrored from the phone itself and they will show up with the phonebook?

Thanks

Pavel
Old 01-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pavel' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:42 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:23 PM'][quote name='pavel' date='Jan 7 2005, 01:58 PM']I left the phone in the car overnight, still no phonebook entries, not even after driving to work this morning.

Thanks

Pavel

[/quote]

That's what I thought. I haven't driven more than 30 minutes at a time, maybe I just need to have the car on longer.

Could it maybe have to do with the size of the phonebook? Mine is 39 names with 2 phones per name on average.

Also, once the phonebook shows up, does it also take a long time to pick up any changes I make or do they get picked up instantly?

My Recent calls, Received calls, etc. are also all empty, are these also just mirrored from the phone itself and they will show up with the phonebook?

Thanks

Pavel
[snapback]76830[/snapback]
[/quote]

Where are your contacts stored? From what I recall a previous poster had a T637 and couldn't get them to transfer if they were on the SIM, but could if they were in the address book. Are yours on a SIM?
Old 01-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:47 PM
[quote name='pavel' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:42 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 7 2005, 03:23 PM'][quote name='pavel' date='Jan 7 2005, 01:58 PM']I left the phone in the car overnight, still no phonebook entries, not even after driving to work this morning.

Thanks

Pavel

[/quote]

Thanks

Pavel
[snapback]76830[/snapback]
[/quote]

Where are your contacts stored? From what I recall a previous poster had a T637 and couldn't get them to transfer if they were on the SIM, but could if they were in the address book. Are yours on a SIM?
[snapback]76832[/snapback]
[/quote]

They are all in the phone. I thought other folks had success with theirs being in the phone too.

Pavel
Old 01-08-2005, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by pavel' date='Jan 6 2005, 12:06 PM
T637 Phonebook sync?

Just got my BT enabled yesterday on my 03/04 E60. I'm using a T637, I was able to pair and I can make/receive calls nicely. My phonebook doesn't transfer though.

Sounds like the phonebook should just transfer automatically with a T637, is that correct, or do I have to do anything to force it?

Thanks

Pavel
[snapback]76326[/snapback]

Can take a "short" period of time for phone book to transfer. Try this: Make sure BT is turned on in phone, get into car and go for a leisurly drive. I'd say in 20-30min max it should appear on the iDrive screen. NOTE: Make sure bluetooth on phone is set to BASIC not "advanced".

Cheers!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:45 AM

Something to consider.

Again, my T637 paired seemlesly and quickly. Been using for a couple weeks now and it works everytime when I get into the E60.

Settings that I'm using:

- Bluetooth set to "basic"
- Phone set to "handsfree"
- Address book sored on phone not SIM

Maybe it is the phone setting which is causing an issue with the phone book transfer?

Nmaes/numbers in my address book appear on iDrive screen exactly as I entered them in T637. i.e. If I entered Jon Doe 555.555.5555 it comes up as Jon Doe (first name first), All other entries follow in alphabetical order based on the first "word"(name).

Quick Reply: Confirmed: T637 compatible w/E60 Bluetooth