Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Can't activate bleutooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted bmw dealer nearby and they faxed me à list with all the options my car came with. It has Bluetooth (yeay!) but told me that it is very possible it wasnt activated at that moment to work with iPhone. Àn software update would do the trick. While my automatic gearbox has the known problem i already made àn appontment to fix it with àn update

Will write àn update here after i get back from the dealer
Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
@mr
Members

My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

Nice service from the dealer. If BT is activated, it would work with the iPhone, both old as new SW.
I noticed however that the newer SW has some advantages (better screen resolution (visually then ;-) ) and better color lay-out.
Make sure that they activate the BT part as to me is seems it was not activated on your car.
I am not sure what they charge for it, but my dealer did a full upgrade from the '06 to the lates version for 100 Euro ex V.A.T..

Good luck.. I know you will like the phone interface in the car. It makes calling a lot easier and safer.
(and with the current police "initiative" it could save you the odd ticket).

PS.. do you have a French keyboard? all the "a"'s are with grave "à"
Old 09-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by ogerr530
Offcoure i ppushed the idrive knob, multiple times
Again, is this menu option by default accessable for every car even if there isnt any bleutooth module built in their car?
BTW, no, the menu option is not there by default. If your car does not come with BT then you will not have the Phone option under the Communication menu. I also have BT, but the dealer said the TCU has a malfunction ($1400 repair) - at which point I showed him my BT headset and told him "$60, nuff said"
Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 AM
@mr
Members

My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

1400 that why we call some of them Stealer in stead of "dealer"
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by @mr
1400 that why we call some of them Stealer in stead of "dealer"
Even worse, if you DO find one for a better price (and I did) it MUST be new or remanufactured. If it has ever been used before it cannot be programmed for your car, which also has to be done at the stealer
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by @mr
Nice service from the dealer. If BT is activated, it would work with the iPhone, both old as new SW.
I noticed however that the newer SW has some advantages (better screen resolution (visually then ;-) ) and better color lay-out.
Make sure that they activate the BT part as to me is seems it was not activated on your car.
I am not sure what they charge for it, but my dealer did a full upgrade from the '06 to the lates version for 100 Euro ex V.A.T..

Good luck.. I know you will like the phone interface in the car. It makes calling a lot easier and safer.
(and with the current police "initiative" it could save you the odd ticket).

PS.. do you have a French keyboard? all the "a"'s are with grave "à"
It would be very odd if the car was purchased with an bluetooth option but never was activated by the dealer or its first owner. So the update will be a lucky guess for me, i could also get a ring that the bluetooth module is broken. I'll keep my fingers crossed

I asked two dealers what they would charge me, with both i got the same price, namelly: 150euro ex vat.
And you're dealer is located at?

nope, no French keyboard here.. i posted one or two replies using my iphone

Originally Posted by pjinca
BTW, no, the menu option is not there by default. If your car does not come with BT then you will not have the Phone option under the Communication menu. I also have BT, but the dealer said the TCU has a malfunction ($1400 repair) - at which point I showed him my BT headset and told him "$60, nuff said"
Thanks, that clears a lot. Let's pray that mine was never activated and works like a charm after the update
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Members

i have the exact same problem ,so let me know if you resolve the issue!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
@mr
Members

Originally Posted by ogerr530
I asked two dealers what they would charge me, with both i got the same price, namelly: 150euro ex vat.
And you're dealer is located at?
In het westen ;-) Alphen
Old 09-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Members

Well I've been having the exact problem on my e60 530d I bought two days ago. But my cd changer would load cds but you couldn't select them on the I drive aswell as my bluetooth doin the same fault as yours so I tried to have a look under the dash and I managed to fine a gateway 500 tucked away so on closer inspection I notice the fused had blown , so replaced the fuse and now the bluetooth is fully operational aswell as my cd changer!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Members

Because there wasnt à cdchanger in my car i found one week ago via eBay, brandnew for 75euros. We ibstalled it just today and guess what im now using my Bluetooth phone!

Very odd that it didnt work without the cdchanger plugged in.

Quick Reply: Can't activate bleutooth