Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Button to transfer call from cell to car

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has a problem when originating calls. The car dials the number, but then immediately switches the call back to the phone.

Reading the U.S. manual on page 176, it mentions that you can transfer a call from the cell to the car by pressing a mysterious button "located above the storage bin". The picture of the button shows a rectangular button with a drawing of a speaker and a double-headed arrow. As far as I can tell, this button does not exist! :thumbsdown:

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 550-6spd

What kind of phone, phone provider, year/make/model, etc.?
Old 02-26-2006, 02:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Biff Trout' post='246152' date='Feb 26 2006, 02:46 PM
What kind of phone, phone provider, year/make/model, etc.?
Yes, that would help wouldn't it?

Phone is a Samsung MM-A900 and 2006 550.

However, my question is mostly about this button mentioned in the manual. Does anyone have such a button, and if so, where is it?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 06:25 PM
AMP
Members

Originally Posted by kr_khous' post='246201' date='Feb 26 2006, 04:03 AM
Yes, that would help wouldn't it?

Phone is a Samsung MM-A900 and 2006 550.

However, my question is mostly about this button mentioned in the manual. Does anyone have such a button, and if so, where is it?

Thanks
The button is part of the phone cradle installation and is not standard on a US-spec 550i. I just got a 550 and just ordered and installed the parts for the cradle (I'm using a motorola v557). Part of the assembly includes the "handsfree" button.

Your phone doesn't have a cradle available and based on my experience with the button I doubt that it would solve your problem. This is most likely an incompatibility between your phone and the car.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AMP' post='247593' date='Mar 1 2006, 12:25 PM
The button is part of the phone cradle installation and is not standard on a US-spec 550i. I just got a 550 and just ordered and installed the parts for the cradle (I'm using a motorola v557). Part of the assembly includes the "handsfree" button.

Your phone doesn't have a cradle available and based on my experience with the button I doubt that it would solve your problem. This is most likely an incompatibility between your phone and the car.
Thanks AMP
Old 02-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by kr_khous' post='246130' date='Feb 25 2006, 10:58 PM
My car has a problem when originating calls. The car dials the number, but then immediately switches the call back to the phone.

Reading the U.S. manual on page 176, it mentions that you can transfer a call from the cell to the car by pressing a mysterious button "located above the storage bin". The picture of the button shows a rectangular button with a drawing of a speaker and a double-headed arrow. As far as I can tell, this button does not exist! :thumbsdown:

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks
The button is shown in the first 2 pics in post #4 in this thread http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=22638
Old 03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AMP' post='247593' date='Mar 1 2006, 03:25 AM
This button is an integral part of the 'snap fit' phone holder and with my phone it does - NOTHING.

It definitely ISN'T linked to this problem and is just intended to allow for a privacy switch between handsfree and handset calls. Even if it did work it is only ever a one way switch from handset to handsfree.

BMW snapfit manual says the only way to do this in reverse is via the phone and on my phone I would have to turn off bluetooth or deactivate the pairing with the car. Since this involves about 10 button presses I never bother.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Members

I have a similar problem. When I make a call using bluetooth, the call switches back to my handset at EXACTLY 20 seconds (according to the timer on iDrive). Now, here's the really odd part: this only happens on the first call after I get into the car. All subsequent calls are fine. I guess it could be my phone, but I don't think so since the phone doesn't disconnect from any other bluetooth devices.

Motorola RAZR v3c for Verizon, 2005 BMW 530i
Old 03-03-2006, 03:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by sharpgator' post='249014' date='Mar 2 2006, 11:28 PM
I have a similar problem. When I make a call using bluetooth, the call switches back to my handset at EXACTLY 20 seconds (according to the timer on iDrive). Now, here's the really odd part: this only happens on the first call after I get into the car. All subsequent calls are fine. I guess it could be my phone, but I don't think so since the phone doesn't disconnect from any other bluetooth devices.

Motorola RAZR v3c for Verizon, 2005 BMW 530i
Sharpgator

I had the identical problem with my Moto E815 when I first got the phone. After playing around with my phone I realized what was wrong , corrected it and everything has been fine ever since. I will attempt an explanation.

When I first hooked up to bluetooth, I was on a call on E60 handsfree and I wanted to switch the call from the cars handsfree back to my handset, so with I pressed the menu display on my 815 and a window popped up with a few options (you can only get to this window while you are in your car on a handsfree call).
There were around 5 or 6 options, one option stated "Transfer to Handset or could have been headset", this is the option I chose and after that I started to experience the problem of calls automatically switching from handsfree back to my Cell phone after 20 seconds"

So, after living with this for a few days, I decided to check things out and when I was on another handsfree call in my car I again opened the menu on my Cell phone and noticed that there was another choice which simply states "Transfer Call" I opted for this choice and the call got transferred to my Cell Phone from Handsfree and I never experienced the problem of calls transferrring from handsfree back to Cell phone on it's own after 20 seconds.

I don't have a Razr, but I do have a Motorola phone and I am sure that the programming is similar, so give this a try and see if it corrects your problem.

Gabman
Old 03-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Members

Gabman,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to give it a try today. My car is at the dealer today getting its Dunlop tires replaced (free) because of road noise. While there, I asked them to check out this problem. Of course, they cannot repeat it. So, your explanation makes sense as to why they can't repeat it.

My wife has an e815 and it does the same thing. I am certain that I have transferred calls on both phones exactly as you described. Thanks.

SHarpGator

Quick Reply: Button to transfer call from cell to car