Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BTUM and Car Mic

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the BTUM a couple weeks ago and initially it did not work with my RAZR. I was able to pair the phone with the car but when I went to make a phone call I was unable to. I took it into the dealer who replaced my cradle and that solved the problem. The phone worked great with the car for about a week and a half but recently I have been having another problem. This time I can make phone calls and hear other people through my car but they are unable to hear me at all. No sound comes through. At first I was able to fix this by disconnecting the phone from the BTUM and then reconnecting but for the past couple of days this short fix has not worked. I am thinking that it could be a problem with my mic or maybe software. Does anyone have any suggestions or have a similar problem?
Old 03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by bondjim' post='254822' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:55 PM
I purchased the BTUM a couple weeks ago and initially it did not work with my RAZR. I was able to pair the phone with the car but when I went to make a phone call I was unable to. I took it into the dealer who replaced my cradle and that solved the problem. The phone worked great with the car for about a week and a half but recently I have been having another problem. This time I can make phone calls and hear other people through my car but they are unable to hear me at all. No sound comes through. At first I was able to fix this by disconnecting the phone from the BTUM and then reconnecting but for the past couple of days this short fix has not worked. I am thinking that it could be a problem with my mic or maybe software. Does anyone have any suggestions or have a similar problem?
Sounds like a physical connection problem: maybe cradle or the phone's mic receiving circuit I'd try the dealer first, then phone company. That it worked for a while indicates the dealer hookup was OK--at least for a while.

Good luck,
Ray Hull
Old 03-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='257474' date='Mar 19 2006, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a physical connection problem: maybe cradle or the phone's mic receiving circuit I'd try the dealer first, then phone company. That it worked for a while indicates the dealer hookup was OK--at least for a while.

Good luck,
Ray Hull

Thanks Ray. I took my car into the dealer and they said that they could not find a problem. They tried other bluetooh phones from Verizon and said that all of these worked. They suggesteed that my phone was the problem. I have a Razr from T-Mobile. I went to T-Mobile to exchange my phone but prior to doing that I tested the new Razr and was able to pair it with the car but I still had a no audio coming from the car. I tried two more Razr's and had the same problem. When I had the CPT 9000 I had Verizon as my wireless carrier but now I have T-Mobile. Could the switch in carriers be the problem? When I first bought the BTUM I had the same problem (no audio) but another dealer was able to fix it by installing a new cradle. But now it appears the problem is back. Any suggestions would be appreciated.