Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BTUM available in the UK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning all
Just checked my car details and it was produced in 02/2004 which means i missed out on the bluetooth option.

I have a CPT9000 installed in my car.

Tried to ring a dealer today to find out the cost of the BTUM for my car, they quoted me ?1200 to have the entire TCU changed out.
Tried to explain that BMW has a BTUM which you can put into your phone cradle.
Parts department have never heard of it.

anybody know the part number?
and successfully got one in the UK?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Originally Posted by papereyes' post='382678' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:05 AM
Morning all
Just checked my car details and it was produced in 02/2004 which means i missed out on the bluetooth option.

I have a CPT9000 installed in my car.

Tried to ring a dealer today to find out the cost of the BTUM for my car, they quoted me ?1200 to have the entire TCU changed out.
Tried to explain that BMW has a BTUM which you can put into your phone cradle.
Parts department have never heard of it.

anybody know the part number?
and successfully got one in the UK?
Try here...........

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

Many BMW dealers here in the UK retro fit Parrott........ Don't know if you have considered this?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think it would depend on whether or not the Motorola V60 phone was available from the factory in your specific country. The BTUM is made by Motorola to emulate the V60 so that the car thinks that's what's connected in the cradle.

I know there were a bunch of different phone options for different countries so it's tough for me to say specifically if it's something you can get in the UK...
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Never heard of BTUM in the UK, but perhaps this item is worth looking into with the Parts Dep?:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=84&fg=95

For what it's worth - friend of mine has a Sony-Ericsson BT kit (minus any cradle) fitted to his E60, the speech quality is markedly better than my car's intergrated factory BT! (although from this forum over time it appears there's a wide variation on this, depending on build dates, etc) - as suggested you may just want to get a Parrot or other kit fitted - probably cheaper too!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mr_london_247' post='382763' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:11 AM
Never heard of BTUM in the UK, but perhaps this item is worth looking into with the Parts Dep?:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=84&fg=95

For what it's worth - friend of mine has a Sony-Ericsson BT kit (minus any cradle) fitted to his E60, the speech quality is markedly better than my car's intergrated factory BT! (although from this forum over time it appears there's a wide variation on this, depending on build dates, etc) - as suggested you may just want to get a Parrot or other kit fitted - probably cheaper too!
thanks guys, spoke to a dealer int eh cotswold and he told me that they have in their catalogue a new item coming out in March, it fits into the centre console which allows bluetooth and charging at the same time.
he hasn't got any more details but told me to get in contact in march to find out the details.