Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT + telematics

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

noticed when i ordered my car that the media package lists one of the features as "telematics" which seems to be connected to bluetooth.

the manual is a little unclear on this "telematics" stuff, what is it, BMW Assist? is it a subscription service? given that my car is only 2 weeks old do I get some kind of free subscription for first 6 months or a year? will a letter arrive telling me this?

just curious.

cheers
NM
Old 03-31-2005, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The BMW Assist is different in every country.
In Germany they make reservations, arrangements, bookings, give you phone numbers, addresses, infos, send you nav routes, let you configure nav routes and send it to your car over the www, as well as text messages and they will be there when you have a crash and assist you, send the rescue teams. In the US you have to pay extra for some of the concierge stuff and you don't have the possibility to send stuff to your car via the www, but they offer stolen vehicle recovery, what is tracking of the car via GPS. that stolen vehicle recovery is not available in Germany...
So you beter chack with your dealer what exactly is offered at what cost through BMW Assist in the UK.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride:

Hi Northernmonkey,
I have ordered the telematics option and so would be interested if you manage to find out more about how it works...
Andy - Newport - Shropshire